ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET LR - Applied online 3 weeks too early

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kaddet
Newly Registered

SET LR - Applied online 3 weeks too early

Post by Kaddet » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:47 am

Hello all,

(Apologies for the typo in the first post, but I cannot edit it).

I am hoping you all (especially CR001) can help me, as I think I have just made a grave mistake!

I am applying for SET LR (10 Years Residence).

I moved to the UK on 10/09/2009. So qualifying period to apply for ILR is as from 14/09/2019.

But I have just today completed my application on the UKVI website, submitted and paid (which is three weeks before my qualifying period. I did this in to take into consideration I will need a few weeks to get a UKVAS Super Priority appointment after my submission has been made.

This is the service where I will get my document cheeked and uploaded. I will ONLY submit my documents when I attend my super priority service (after the qualifying period).

Everyone, what I want to know is have I wrongly applied and paid too early on UKVI site (before my qualifying period) and will I be denied end lose my application money for applying too early?

I do not plan to book the Super Priority appointment, upload any documents or attend the Super Priority appointment until after my qualifying period (as from 14/08).

Good people, please advice me if I done it incorrectly or nothing to worry about and I just attend my appointment after my qualifying period.

Thank you all. Wish I found this page sooner!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET LR - Applied online 3 weeks too early

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:52 am

Yes you applied too early.

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/datead ... ad=28&rec=

Date of application is the date you submit and pay online and NOT the date of your UKCVAS appointment, which is irrelevant and could even be after your visa expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:01 am

Kaddet wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:47 am
Hello all,

I am hoping you all (especially CR001) can help me, as I think I have just made a grave mistake!

I moved to the UK on 10/09/2009. So qualifying period to apply for ILR is as from 14/09/2019.

But I have just today completed my application on the UKVI website, submitted and paid (which is three weeks before my qualifying period. I did this in to take into consideration I will need a few weeks to get a UKVAS Super Priority appointment after my submission has been made.

This is the service where I will get my document cheeked and uploaded. I will ONLY submit my documents when I attend my super priority service (after the qualifying period).

Everyone, what I want to know is have I wrongly applied and paid too early on UKVI site (before my qualifying period) and will I be denied end lose my application money for applying too early?

I do not plan to book the Super Priority appointment, upload any documents or attend the Super Priority appointment until after my qualifying period (as from 14/08).

Good people, please advice me if I done it incorrectly or nothing to worry about and I just attend my appointment after my qualifying period.

You might not lose ur fee or get rejected if a decision is taken once ur within ur qualifying period..

Kaddet
Newly Registered

Post by Kaddet » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:26 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:52 am

Date of application is the date you submit and pay online and NOT the date of your UKCVAS appointment, which is irrelevant and could even be after your visa expires.
Please what suggestions do you have. I have pressed the submission button and paid, but not done anything else. My case is straight forward.

Please I appreciate your suggestion. Please.

Kaddet
Newly Registered

Post by Kaddet » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:30 am

Kaddet wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:26 am
CR001 wrote:

Please what suggestions do you have. I have pressed the submission button and paid, but not done anything else. My case is straight forward.

Please I appreciate your suggestion. Please.
CR001, do I contact anyone for a reversal? I have only done the submission and payment - and nothing else.

Any suggestion is appreciated. I made the online application earlier so as to get an appointment as soon as I qualified, which you saw is 13/08.

Thank you all, please.

Kaddet
Newly Registered

Post by Kaddet » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:36 am

aman90 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:01 am
Kaddet wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:47 am
Hello all,

You might not lose ur fee or get rejected if a decision is taken once ur within ur qualifying period..
Thank you - so essentially you’re suggestion I attend my super priority interview / upload documents after my qualifying period (which is when the decision is made).

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:50 am

Kaddet wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:36 am
Thank you - so essentially you’re suggestion I attend my super priority interview / upload documents after my qualifying period (which is when the decision is made).
Essentially..
You can upload ur documents any time before the interview..makes no difference.. just ensure sopra appointment is within qualifying period..
Read continuous residence guidance.. you’ll find a paragraph pertaining to qualifying period and decision taking date..
I think you’ll be fine.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:58 am

Kaddet
Newly Registered

Post by Kaddet » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:01 am

aman90 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:50 am
Kaddet wrote:
Essentially..
You can upload ur documents any time before the interview..makes no difference.. just ensure sopra appointment is within qualifying period..
Read continuous residence guidance.. you’ll find a paragraph pertaining to qualifying period and decision taking date..
I think you’ll be fine.

Thank you Aman, that’s what I thought. That the main factor is when the application is reviewed and considered and should be AFTER the qualifying period, right?

Are you able to send me a link to the decision taking date guidance, please?

I know guidance around 180 days absence / 560 days out of the country etc.

But I have not seen anything around the decision taking date. Thank you, please.

Kaddet
Newly Registered

Post by Kaddet » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:03 am

CR001 wrote:

CR001, I know you are a guru around here. Any further input is appreciated. My case has gone from being extremely straight forward to suddenly complex?

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:30 am

Posted two links.. check them out. And ur welcome.

Konzo1
Tuvalu

Post by Konzo1 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:08 pm

aman90 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:50 am
Kaddet wrote:
Essentially..
I think you’ll be fine.
correct

Kaddet
Newly Registered

Post by Kaddet » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:55 pm

aman90 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:30 am
Thank you man!! I appreciate this! I’ll read links and if I have any questions I will revert.

Thank you. I was scared all day.

Kaddet
Newly Registered

Post by Kaddet » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:27 am

aman90 wrote:
Hi, just wanted to let you know I found the exact paragraph you were referring to. It asks for 28 days to be used from either my application or determination - whichever is better for the applicant. Thank you!

dan883

Post by dan883 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:55 am

The link you have provided is for 5 year route not for 10 year route.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:00 am

dan883 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:55 am
You are correct. Here is the LR guidance. Pg 13.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -v15_0.pdf

dan883

Post by dan883 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:17 pm

aman90 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:00 am
dan883 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:55 am
You are correct. Here is the LR guidance. Pg 13.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -v15_0.pdf
Which means Kaddet clearly made an application before the qualifying period.

dan883

Post by dan883 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:20 pm

Kaddet wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:27 am
aman90 wrote:
Hi, just wanted to let you know I found the exact paragraph you were referring to. It asks for 28 days to be used from either my application or determination - whichever is better for the applicant. Thank you!
What page of the guide are you reading?

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:33 am

dan883 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:17 pm

“You can grant an application if it is considered 28 days or less before the applicant completes the required qualifying period, provided they meet all the other rules for long residence.”
Caseworker guidance for LR.

Yes.. I understand how it conflicts with date of application within 28 days.. but it opens a window of opportunity for OP. The new system is confusing for a number of people and such mistakes happen.
It also seems to have gone in favour of a number of applicants.
The only other option OP has to not submit biometrics and pray for the application to be considered invalid where HO may return the fees after a deduction of admin fee.. or may not.
OP can reapply when within the 28 days qualifying period. Now this all seems a bit silly to do as the application cannot be valid or considered by a caseworker till biometrics are submitted.
I could imagine a few other options going on past experiences of successful applicants.

The point of replying to posts is to be helpful or share alternative findings and not be detrimental to someones mental well being ;)

I hope this helps and if you still would like to argue with a point of view..would be probably best to start a new thread so OP doesn’t get confused and upset..

dan883

Post by dan883 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:17 am

aman90 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:33 am
dan883 wrote:

“You can grant an application if it is considered 28 days or less before the applicant completes the required qualifying period, provided they meet all the other rules for long residence.”

Yes.. I understand how it conflicts with date of application within 28 days.. but it opens a window of opportunity for OP. The new system is confusing for a number of people and such mistakes happen.
The only other option OP has to not submit biometrics and pray for the application to be considered invalid where HO may return the fees after a deduction of admin fee.. or may not.
OP can reapply when within the 28 days qualifying period. Now this all seems a bit silly to do as the application cannot be valid or considered by a caseworker till biometrics are submitted.
I could imagine a few other options going on past experiences of successful applicants.

The point of replying to posts is to be helpful or share alternative findings and not be detrimental to someones mental well being ;)

I hope this helps and if you still would like to argue with a point of view..would be probably best to start a new thread so OP doesn’t get confused and upset..
Thank you for your kind reply. Yes I will be happy to follow it in new thread.

Kaddet
Newly Registered

Post by Kaddet » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:56 pm

aman90 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:33 am
dan883 wrote:

Hi brother Aman,

Thanks for the replies and guidance.

I know you are being positive, but I want to prepare for worse case scenarios. I have now booked my appointment - which falls in the qualifying period. But to explore what you said - should an option be to cancel the appointment and not book another appointment until the application is considered invalid (I believe that is November), and I am refunded the money?

I also would like to know the other options from past experience that could work in my favour.

Secondly, I unfortunately have another issue. The stamps on my oldest passport are faint. Whilst submitting the online form, I have missed 2 trips (each are 3 days each) so this does not affect my total time outside the UK. Also, the online form only allows 30 travel entries, as I have made more than 30 trips in 10 years, I have my travel entries in a supporting spreadsheet - which the UKVAS site allows to upload as supporting document.

Now, my question is - the information on my online application form is incorrect as I missed two entries, and we are held to the details on application form. However as I could not fill all trips in the online application form and the cumulative is not more than the 580 days. Will this cause me any sort of problems or refusal for the application form missing the two travel entries?

Appreciate your guidance. Please let me know you prefer me create a new thread for this second query. Thank you.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:15 pm

You can print out the relevant page, edit it manually, add a cover letter for the missed entries and upload before your appointment. You will be okay.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Kaddet
Newly Registered

Post by Kaddet » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:53 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:15 pm
You can print out the relevant page, edit it manually, add a cover letter for the missed entries and upload before your appointment. You will be okay.
Thank you for the response!!

Unfortunately I don’t think the page can be manually edited. It’s all done online and has feed into their system. The document checklist even ask not to bother to bring the application form.

I think the only possible luck I have is I made 39 travels but the limit of travel entries is 30. So I have to print a spreadsheet with the whole list anyways.

What I would like to know is should I point out the missed entries in the application (they will filled in chronological order) or I should just supply the complete travel history spreadsheet with a cover letter advising that I could not complete all on the application form because of the limit.

Sorry if I’m being pedantic but I have no one to ask these things so appreciate all your helps!

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:09 pm

Kaddet wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:53 pm
tier11417 wrote:

Unfortunately I don’t think the page can be manually edited. It’s all done online and has feed into their system. The document checklist even ask not to bother to bring the application form.

I think the only possible luck I have is I made 39 travels but the limit of travel entries is 30. So I have to print a spreadsheet with the whole list anyways.

What I would like to know is should I point out the missed entries in the application (they will filled in chronological order) or I should just supply the complete travel history spreadsheet with a cover letter advising that I could not complete all on the application form because of the limit.

Sorry if I’m being pedantic but I have no one to ask these things so appreciate all your helps!

Thanks
I know how the online form works. Once you submit, you get a PDF file which you can download and print. If you want to edit anything you can manually edit it or add into the paper manually by hand so its visible and add a cover letter mentioning the missed trips. Thats the only way you can do it. Many members have manually edited errors on online forms after submission and before appointment and have been successful.

If I was you i would do two things:
1) I would print the relevant page and add manually two missed entries. Add a cover letter and upload both.
2) Also, add a spreadsheet mentioning all 39 entries.

You are overthinking. You will be fine.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Kaddet
Newly Registered

Post by Kaddet » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:33 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:09 pm
Kaddet wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:53 pm
tier11417 wrote:

Thanks
I know how the online form works. Once you submit, you get a PDF file which you can download and print. If you want to edit anything you can manually edit it or add into the paper manually by hand so its visible and add a cover letter mentioning the missed trips. Thats the only way you can do it. Many members have manually edited errors on online forms after submission and before appointment and have been successful.

If I was you i would do two things:
1) I would print the relevant page and add manually two missed entries. Add a cover letter and upload both.
2) Also, add a spreadsheet mentioning all 39 entries.

You are overthinking. You will be fine.
Thank you!!! I will do exactly just that!

The two missed entries are consecutive, so should fit nearly in the form.

I will attach the page, cover letter and spread sheet and upload to the ‘Travel History’ section of the site.

One last question please. Do you have any view on my original query (early application but will submit during qualifying period).

Many thanks!