ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Country Registration Query- Poland

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zubbshah
Mood:
India

EU Country Registration Query- Poland

Post by zubbshah » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:32 am

Hello Guys,

I am a British Citizen and work reason I have moved to Poland.

So do I have to register my stay with the local Polish council if i am here for more than 90 days ?

Can you please advise on it

Also, my wife , indian national is also here on schengen visa (cel wydania 01) ( its not mentioned as schengen visa -EEA/EU Spouse) , her stay would be less than 90 days here.. so does she also need to register here ? or
do i need to switch her status from schengen cel wydania 01 to EEA/EU spouse or soemtihng on those lines ,? Can she work legally here ?

(her status = indian national on uk dependant spouse visa : it says spouse / partner , leave to enter )

thanks.

zubbshah
Mood:
India

Re: EU Country Registration Query- Poland

Post by zubbshah » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:01 am

hello guys,

any advise / suggestion for me

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:52 pm

zubbshah wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:32 am
Hello Guys,

I am a British Citizen and work reason I have moved to Poland.

So do I have to register my stay with the local Polish council if i am here for more than 90 days ?

Can you please advise on it

Also, my wife , indian national is also here on schengen visa (cel wydania 01) ( its not mentioned as schengen visa -EEA/EU Spouse) , her stay would be less than 90 days here.. so does she also need to register here ? or
do i need to switch her status from schengen cel wydania 01 to EEA/EU spouse or soemtihng on those lines ,? Can she work legally here ?

(her status = indian national on uk dependant spouse visa : it says spouse / partner , leave to enter )

thanks.
You have to register with the local authorities within 90 days of moving to Poland.

If your wife stays less than 90 days, then she does not need to register.

In theory, she could work without a residence card as long as you are exercising treaty rights but employers will probably be reluctant to hire her on a tourist visa without documented evidence of her right to work. Also, at the very least once she has found a job she would have to register for tax, health care, etc. purposes. Personally, I'd just go for the Residence Card for EU nationals - why would you not?

All until Brexit.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

zubbshah
Mood:
India

Post by zubbshah » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:13 pm

Thanks ALKB for your reply,

really appreciate that, I will do the needful.
My situation is such that I work for UK based company , get paid from them as PAYE, so all my tax is paid in UK but I am working in Poland ,
(its like company is based in Uk and they have tie up with other EU countries , so I am employed by them directly however working in out uk location, if that makes sense )

So at the moment I am not exercising any treaty rights here in Poland, as in pay taxes here.

I will register my self since my stay is over 90 days.

My wife's dependant visas is due for renewal next year, March 2020, (initially she got it for 2.5 years and the second extension) So if i were to apply for a Family EU Permit for her then would her clock get reset to Zero once we move back to UK ?

So i can apply for her Family EU Card and once we are back in uk , during her visa extension, i can still apply as a regular visa extension ? so is that acceptable ?

any inputs please ?

Thanks

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:49 am

zubbshah wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:13 pm
Thanks ALKB for your reply,

really appreciate that, I will do the needful.
My situation is such that I work for UK based company , get paid from them as PAYE, so all my tax is paid in UK but I am working in Poland ,
(its like company is based in Uk and they have tie up with other EU countries , so I am employed by them directly however working in out uk location, if that makes sense )

So at the moment I am not exercising any treaty rights here in Poland, as in pay taxes here.

I will register my self since my stay is over 90 days.

My wife's dependant visas is due for renewal next year, March 2020, (initially she got it for 2.5 years and the second extension) So if i were to apply for a Family EU Permit for her then would her clock get reset to Zero once we move back to UK ?

So i can apply for her Family EU Card and once we are back in uk , during her visa extension, i can still apply as a regular visa extension ? so is that acceptable ?

any inputs please ?

Thanks
I am not sure what Poland's view on this scenario is.

How long are you going to be living in Poland?

I also don't know what kind of things get triggered by registering - in Germany, tax authorities are made aware of the person's residence in Germany and German health insurance is mandatory. Not sure about Poland's systems. Is your employer not assisting you with all this?

Your wife's UK visa is separate from other country's visas, so simply getting residency in a different country won't invalidate her UK visa. If she stays outside of the UK for too long, there could be problems with her qualifying for ILR and citizenship, though. Part of the UK spouse visa requirements is that
the applicant intends to live in the UK with their UK spouse. I am not sure how you will demonstrate this when you both are actually living in Poland.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.