ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife's and Child's VISA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Wife's and Child's VISA

Post by talreh20 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:17 am

Phewww.

Thanks for confirming.

Kind regards

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:30 am

As I am collecting the documents, the checklist asks for last two years of communication at the same address for both us from 6 different sources. Are they serious? Do they really asking for it or is it just a formality?

They are also asking about to write number of bedrooms in the house and other rooms. We live in a one bedroom house. Would that be an issue as due to financial difficulties I can't afford a three bedroom house. I am really worried that they might say a family of 5 can't live in a 1 bedroom house.

Am i worrying for no reason or should I sort something out?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:58 am

talreh20 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:30 am
As I am collecting the documents, the checklist asks for last two years of communication at the same address for both us from 6 different sources. Are they serious? Do they really asking for it or is it just a formality? The evidence of co-habitation throughout the 2 year period is compulsory. Evidence should be from at least 3 different sources and spread as evenly as possible. If 6 examples of correspondence/bills etc aren't in joint names, you require 6 each in single names.

They are also asking about to write number of bedrooms in the house and other rooms. We live in a one bedroom house. Would that be an issue as due to financial difficulties I can't afford a three bedroom house. I am really worried that they might say a family of 5 can't live in a 1 bedroom house. See the guidance on overcrowding in the following link. Note that this will depend on the age and gender of any children in the household and what other rooms (and size) are available in the accommodation in addition to the one bedroom.
https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_ ... ded_by_law

Am i worrying for no reason or should I sort something out? If these conditions aren't met, the application stands to be refused.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:09 am

Hi Casa

Many thanks for your instant response and providing me with the useful link. My kids are aged 4, aged 2 and 2 months old. So the example they have quoted on their website applies to me fully.

"A couple with two boys and a girl all aged under 10 living in a one-bedroom flat with a living room would not count as overcrowded under the room standard."

So that means we are fine then?

We just have two joint names tenancy agreement and council tax. Nothing else in joint name. Bad planning from my end. Should have read the rules years ago. Now would have to find the 6 each.

Also, council has put my wife's title as Miss on all the correspondence. Would that be a problem? Would Home Office think that we are not married by a wrong title?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:31 am

talreh20 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:09 am
Hi Casa

Many thanks for your instant response and providing me with the useful link. My kids are aged 4, aged 2 and 2 months old. So the example they have quoted on their website applies to me fully.

"A couple with two boys and a girl all aged under 10 living in a one-bedroom flat with a living room would not count as overcrowded under the room standard."

So that means we are fine then? Yes, providing the living room meets the minimum dimension.

We just have two joint names tenancy agreement and council tax. Nothing else in joint name. Bad planning from my end. Should have read the rules years ago. Now would have to find the 6 each. Search for any correspondence which includes, name/names, address and date. This can include items such as GP/medical letters, TV licence, Council tax statements, utility and mobile phone bills etc......

Also, council has put my wife's title as Miss on all the correspondence. Would that be a problem? Would Home Office think that we are not married by a wrong title? Not an issue.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:39 am

very re-assuring. Many thanks Casa.

one final question: So that means if i have 10 NHS letters on my wife's name, that will count as one source ?and how much correspondence should be provided? i understand they say spreaded evenly over the two years, but what are the parameters for evenly over the years?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:44 am

Depending on whether the documents are in joint or single names, 1 (or 2 if single) examples every 4-5 months throughout the 2 years, to ensure there's no significant gap.

Yes, the 10 NHS letters will be considered as one source, unless they have been sent by different departments, i.e GP letter, hospital, health clinic etc...
(Casa, not CR001)

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:41 am

Many thanks casa once again.

Kind regards

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:18 pm

talreh20 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:41 am

Kind regards
You're welcome. Feel free to post again in the thread if you get stuck with anything.
(Casa, not CR001)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:27 pm

You can read about accomodation in full detail here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ion-maa--2
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:06 am

Casa wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:18 pm
talreh20 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:41 am

Kind regards
You're welcome. Feel free to post again in the thread if you get stuck with anything.
Very Kind of you Casa.

and Thank you seagul for providing the link.

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:28 pm

Hello everyone

Just last couple of questions:

We married back home and we sign a marriage contract which is normally filled in and completed by an authorised government official. We sign it and he gives us a copy of that. That contract is in Urdu. Then that officer takes his part of the document to the council and gets the marriage registered with the government. We are then issued with an official Marriage Certificate from the Government which is embossed with Government's stamp .

In 2015, when I applied for my wife's VISA as Tier 2 PBS Dependent from Pakistan, I got the Urdu form translated and attested from Pakistan. I attached this and the official Government Marriage Certificate with her application and her application was approved. This was 3 and half years ago and I still have that attested English translated document.

So:
- Can i use the same document now to submit with my wife's application?

- Can I just submit the Government issued document or should I submit both?

Many thanks for your help guys. Highly appreciated.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:38 pm

talreh20 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:28 pm
Hello everyone

Just last couple of questions:

We married back home and we sign a marriage contract which is normally filled in and completed by an authorised government official. We sign it and he gives us a copy of that. That contract is in Urdu. Then that officer takes his part of the document to the council and gets the marriage registered with the government. We are then issued with an official Marriage Certificate from the Government which is embossed with Government's stamp .

In 2015, when I applied for my wife's VISA as Tier 2 PBS Dependent from Pakistan, I got the Urdu form translated and attested from Pakistan. I attached this and the official Government Marriage Certificate with her application and her application was approved. This was 3 and half years ago and I still have that attested English translated document.

So:
- Can i use the same document now to submit with my wife's application?

- Can I just submit the Government issued document or should I submit both?

Many thanks for your help guys. Highly appreciated.
More likely the same will be accepted again. Usually the urdu nikkah nama with union council/nadra issued marriage certificate has both versions (urdu + english) which is sufficient for spouse visa purposes.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:44 pm

Many thanks Seagul.

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:33 pm

Hi Everyone

Not sure what happened, but I can't seem to edit the answers in the application form. I haven't paid for the application but the form doesn't allow me to change the answers any more. It says completed and the only other option is Show answers.

Does any one know what has happened and why can't I change my answers?

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:56 am

Hi guys

Just an update, the form has unlocked automatically and now I can edit response to the questions. Not sure what I did last night and it wasn't allowing me to edit the responses. But now I can.

Many thanks.

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:07 pm

Hi Casa/CR001/Seagul

Urgent question please. Need to file the application by tonight.

We married in Jan 2014 and after living for less than 1 month together, i returned to UK to work and left her there to finish her studies. I went back to Pakistan in Jan 2015 to see her for about 40 days then i returned back. They came to the UK in Feb 2016 after getting dependant visa.

Can you please confirm what should i answer for this questions:

Have you lived with your spouse since you married Yes or no?

If no, then should I give all the explanation? Or should I answer Yes?

Please advise. Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:22 pm

It is YES. You are overthinking the question.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:32 pm

Thank you so much for making it easy for me.

Kind regards CR001

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:25 am

Dear CR001

My wife's and child appointment is on 9th Aug for Bio metrics and I need to upload the cohabitation documents. I am totally confused with this. The checklists ask for the following:

"Items of correspondence should be addressed to you jointly or in both your names. The dates of the items
of correspondence should be spread evenly over the whole 2 years. They should be from at least 3
different sources. If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items
addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of you. For example - 4 items
of correspondence in joint names to the same address and 2 items addressed to each partner at the address. In total 8 items would need to be submitted. If you and your partner have no bills or
correspondence in joint names to the same address and 2 items addressed to each partner at the address.
In total 8 items would need to be submitted. If you and your partner have no bills or correspondence in
joint names, you will need to submit 12 items (6 each) of correspondence evidencing that you reside
together at the same address."

I have managed to find three joint sources: Council tax, Tenancy Agreements and Tenancy Insurance. But how many do I need to submit? It says evenly over the year. Tenancy agreement we sign twice a year. Insurance was once a year. Council tax letter was also once a year.

So in total I can manage following documents:

4 Tenancy agreements, 2 Insurance letters and 2 Council tax letters. Would that be sufficient?

Also, Where they say in total 12 items (6 each) needs to be submitted in case nothing is joint, what exactly does that mean? I don't understand what does 6 items mean.
Does that mean 6 documents from 6 suppliers? or 6 documents from 3 suppliers? or 6 documents from 1 supplier.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:23 am

talreh20 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:25 am
Dear CR001

My wife's and child appointment is on 9th Aug for Bio metrics and I need to upload the cohabitation documents. I am totally confused with this. The checklists ask for the following:

"Items of correspondence should be addressed to you jointly or in both your names. The dates of the items
of correspondence should be spread evenly over the whole 2 years. They should be from at least 3
different sources. If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items
addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of you. For example - 4 items
of correspondence in joint names to the same address and 2 items addressed to each partner at the address. In total 8 items would need to be submitted. If you and your partner have no bills or
correspondence in joint names to the same address and 2 items addressed to each partner at the address.
In total 8 items would need to be submitted. If you and your partner have no bills or correspondence in
joint names, you will need to submit 12 items (6 each) of correspondence evidencing that you reside
together at the same address."

I have managed to find three joint sources: Council tax, Tenancy Agreements and Tenancy Insurance. But how many do I need to submit? It says evenly over the year. Tenancy agreement we sign twice a year. Insurance was once a year. Council tax letter was also once a year.

So in total I can manage following documents:

4 Tenancy agreements, 2 Insurance letters and 2 Council tax letters. Would that be sufficient?

Also, Where they say in total 12 items (6 each) needs to be submitted in case nothing is joint, what exactly does that mean? I don't understand what does 6 items mean.
Does that mean 6 documents from 6 suppliers? or 6 documents from 3 suppliers? or 6 documents from 1 supplier.

Many thanks in advance for your help.
Good news for you is that there is no requirement of cohabitation for initial spouse visa and whatever you have is sufficient at this stage.

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:00 pm

Many thank Seagul.

Can you please confirm if this applies even if my wife is in the UK for last 3 years and 7 months and has been on Tier 2 G dependant visa and off-course we have been living together?

Also I went to bank today today to get the bank statements stamped for last 6 months to prove my salary but clearly refused to do that. They have printed out last 6 months bank statements for me and it states that these statements were printed in the branch but no physical stamp. Is that ok?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:20 pm

talreh20 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:00 pm
Many thank Seagul.

Can you please confirm if this applies even if my wife is in the UK for last 3 years and 7 months and has been on Tier 2 G dependant visa and off-course we have been living together?
Yes
talreh20 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:00 pm
Also I went to bank today today to get the bank statements stamped for last 6 months to prove my salary but clearly refused to do that. They have printed out last 6 months bank statements for me and it states that these statements were printed in the branch but no physical stamp. Is that ok?
If its on bank stationary (letterhead) then stamp won't be needed and it should be fine.

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:53 pm

This is how they gave it to me. Would that be accepted? Image

Our appointment is on Friday and if I order paper statements, it can take couple of weeks. Should I then cancel the appointment and book another one at a later date?

I am too worried now.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (105.77 KiB) Viewed 987 times

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:59 pm

talreh20 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:53 pm
This is how they gave it to me. Would that be accepted? Image

Our appointment is on Friday and if I order paper statements, it can take couple of weeks. Should I then cancel the appointment and book another one at a later date?

I am too worried now.
Its absolutely fine although worrying in visa matters is a natural feeling.