ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK test contract awarded

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AimanAmery
Newly Registered
Mood:
Yemen

Life in the UK test contract awarded

Post by AimanAmery » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:43 pm

Dear all
I saw today on the website Home Office about the contract will be changed in the winter PSI Services took the contract so may question what will be changed after winter it will be the same question or they will change the question in the test.
resource
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/life ... ent=weekly

please, I need to advise I will do my test in winter so I'm afraid they need me to change my test :(

R-graphite
Mood:

Re: Life in the UK test contract awarded

Post by R-graphite » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:34 pm

Contract has nothing to do with the questions or the content of the course.
AimanAmery wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:43 pm
Dear all
I saw today on the website Home Office about the contract will be changed in the winter PSI Services took the contract so may question what will be changed after winter it will be the same question or they will change the question in the test.
resource

please, I need to advise I will do my test in winter so I'm afraid they need me to change my test :(
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:41 pm

R-graphite wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:34 pm
Contract has nothing to do with the questions or the content of the course.
AimanAmery wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:43 pm
Dear all
resource

It is true that changing contract has nothing to do with the content of the test. However, with the annoucement made my the Home Secretary earlier this year about his desire to reform the test. It is expected that the content of the test will change at some point in the future.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Alz3eem2018
United Arab Emirates

Post by Alz3eem2018 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:28 am

Does that mean if anyone takes the test and want to apply 2 years later.. his certificate would be void. and would need to redo the new test?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:30 pm

Alz3eem2018 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:28 am
Does that mean if anyone takes the test and want to apply 2 years later.. his certificate would be void. and would need to redo the new test?
There has been no guidance from the Home Office on any revised test yet, or any transition arrangements - and speculating they are probably quite busy with other things for the rest of the year.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

R-graphite
Mood:

Post by R-graphite » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:10 pm

No
Alz3eem2018 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:28 am
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

AimanAmery
Newly Registered
Mood:
Yemen

Post by AimanAmery » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:47 pm

They want change the life in the uk test to the British value test that what he Home Secretary said.
References
https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/ho ... ew-british

R-graphite
Mood:

Post by R-graphite » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:18 pm

True but that does not mean if you do your test now and pass it you will have to redo it again.
AimanAmery wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:47 pm
They want change the life in the uk test to the British value test that what he Home Secretary said.
References
https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/ho ... ew-british

AimanAmery
Newly Registered
Mood:
Yemen

Post by AimanAmery » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:29 pm

You wrong mate if u pass the test now and they change the test to british value test before you apply to home office you have then make the new test that what my Lawyer say

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:56 am

AimanAmery wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:29 pm
You wrong mate if u pass the test now and they change the test to british value test before you apply to home office you have then make the new test that what my Lawyer say
You need LIUK for ILR (few exemptions e.g. refugee etc) also before you apply for BC.

So you mean to say for someone who is granted ILR on the current valid LIUK will not be allowed to apply BC and will have to take LIUK again if the changes happen?!

LIUK has no expiry. If the changes are made, it will be effective from only that date onwards for new applicants only.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

AimanAmery
Newly Registered
Mood:
Yemen

Post by AimanAmery » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:00 am

Thank you for you response fo what u mean by BC??

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:03 am

AimanAmery wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:00 am
Thank you for you response fo what u mean by BC??
British Citizenship.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

AimanAmery
Newly Registered
Mood:
Yemen

Post by AimanAmery » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:09 am

Thanks you very much sir