ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR/Citizenships requirements for baby born in UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nish_patel7

ILR/Citizenships requirements for baby born in UK

Post by nish_patel7 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:59 pm

Hello,

I have recently got my ILR, I came to UK in 2009 and got the ILR in 2019. I have a baby girl who is 6 years old born in UK, I was on Entrepreneur Visa when she was born. My question is now as I have got IlR is my baby entitled for Citizenship as born in this country or do I have to apply for ILR for her?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR/Citizenships requirements for baby born in UK

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:16 pm

My question is now as I have got IlR is my baby entitled for Citizenship as born in this country
Yes, form MN1 online.
do I have to apply for ILR for her?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nish_patel7

Post by nish_patel7 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:05 pm

Hi cr001,

Thanks for the information, forgot to mention my daughter holds Indian Passport, do I have to do anything differently or simply apply for the citizenship?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:31 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:16 pm
My question is now as I have got IlR is my baby entitled for Citizenship as born in this country
Yes, form MN1 online.
Was my answer unclear??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nish_patel7

Post by nish_patel7 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:52 pm

Hi CR001,

Problem is that some people are saying that if you have Indian passport of your baby than she is not eligible for straight Citizenship, she has to apply for ILR first and then after a year citizenship, hence the confusion. Thanks for clearing the doubts though.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:33 am

nish_patel7 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:52 pm
Hi CR001,

Problem is that some people are saying that if you have Indian passport of your baby than she is not eligible for straight Citizenship, she has to apply for ILR first and then after a year citizenship, hence the confusion. Thanks for clearing the doubts though.

Thanks
They are wrong
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

nish_patel7

Post by nish_patel7 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:40 am

Hi all,

I am filling the MN1 form for my child's citizenship, could someone help me with (Section 2 - Residence Requirement). My baby is born in UK and have never left the country, (Section 2.1 says if the child is resident in the united kingdom give date and place of first arrival.) I am guessing that this whole section is not applicable for me as the baby is born in UK, Am I right that I dont have to fill the whole Section 2 and also Section 3 it looks like the same that it dont apply in my case. Please advise me on both the sections as I am unclear on those two sections. I appreciate your inputs so far on helping us in any doubts we have, Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:50 am

Section 2 simply state date of birth.

Not sure what section 3 is in the online form. You need to state it as we don't have sight of every form online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)