ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working holiday maker

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Raghv
Newly Registered

Working holiday maker

Post by Raghv » Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:46 pm

I am going to appear for WHM Visa interview. Can anybody help about expected questions by visa officer.
Is accomodation proof improves chances?
what should be strong point to show intention and return at the end?

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:50 pm

Hi,

I guess you need to produce a letter from your Employer that u r going on leave...
All the best..
Keep us updated about your progress

Ashish

sashi

Post by sashi » Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:00 am

Hi,
I got a working holidaymaker visa, but not sure what they gonna ask u in interview as mine was given without interview.

Just make sure u have plans as soon as your 2 year period under holidaymaker scheme ends. I showed them that I was a permanent lecturer at an Australian offshore university in Malaysia. (Although I did not say that I was going to take leave).

Also, make sure you have sufficient funds, show that you know where you will stay when you go to England, show that you know about the costs involved in living - accommodation, cost of loving. As for cost of living, u could get it from university websites. Example, if u wanted to live in Leeds, look up the university of leeds who will give u a breakdown on living in Leeds.

I hope this helps. I am not sure where u r from, but most WHM visas are issued to Australia, New Zealand and Canada, and also Malaysia and Singapore. So, u really need to convince them that u gonna return - dont leave a doubt in their minds.

Cheers and good luck
Sashi

Raghv
Newly Registered

Re: Working holiday maker

Post by Raghv » Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:10 pm

Raghv wrote:I am going to appear for WHM Visa interview. Can anybody help about expected questions by visa officer.
Is accomodation proof improves chances?
what should be strong point to show intention and return at the end?
hello friends,
Ashish and sashi
Thank you very much for your prompt response.
Though i have suffiecient fund to maintain and aware necessary requirement of visa but i heared that it is difficult for indian.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:39 pm

Well,
Even i have heard that it is difficult for Indians..

Any ways..
All the best
Ashish

ashishashah
India

Any updates??

Post by ashishashah » Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:29 am

Hi Raghav,
How did your interview for WHM go??
Want to share the experience??
Ashish

rahul
Newly Registered

whm visa interview

Post by rahul » Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:49 pm

hi friends

i am an indian & my whm visa interview is on march 1 2005. i was wondering if anyone who has recently given this interview would guide me about expected questions by visa officer. thanks in advance.

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:26 pm

Rahul,

How was u'r interview ? R u from india ?