ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

asylum fresh claim processing time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

welljohn

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by welljohn » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:04 pm

Hi, i think the best for you is to claim asylum or if your ex might help you out on it might be good for you

jvxh22
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by jvxh22 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:13 pm

welljohn wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:04 pm
Hi, i think the best for you is to claim asylum or if your ex might help you out on it might be good for you
Too late now, I won’t be going back with him. I’ll have my substantive interview on August 1st. They asked for my biometric, and passport photo.

welljohn

Post by welljohn » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:56 am

Honestly, its good news regardless of your past hubby decision but you will be fine .. positive and hopeful for great outcome

jvxh22
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by jvxh22 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:02 pm

welljohn wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:56 am
Honestly, its good news regardless of your past hubby decision but you will be fine .. positive and hopeful for great outcome

Thank you! Is it normal for them to ask for passport photos and biometric?

GuerillaMethod
Mood:
Iran

Post by GuerillaMethod » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:29 pm

I received the grant letter today!
Yay

jvxh22
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by jvxh22 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:39 pm

GuerillaMethod wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:29 pm
I received the grant letter today!
Yay

I am happy for you! Congrats! Can you share your experience please? I’ll have my big interview next week and I am under legal aid.
Thanks

moore100
Nigeria

Post by moore100 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:38 pm

hello GuerillaMethod, congrats to you and your family, can you tell us your experience? Are you call for main interview or not at all and do you always go for reporting at home offer centre...am really happy for you friend.

Capt03141729
Newly Registered

Post by Capt03141729 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:14 pm

Congrats GuerillaMethod

Any idea guys ...just got a letter today inviting us for another Interview ..

1st main interview was done 28th May 2019

moore100
Nigeria

Post by moore100 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:32 pm

@ Capt03141729... why did they invite you for another interview again... is it you and you partner or only you and they have not call me for any interview at all which I don't know why and I have apply for permission to work and they have not get back to me .. I don't understand HO again.

Capt03141729
Newly Registered

Post by Capt03141729 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:58 pm

@moore100

It's my partner, she's the main applicant

I don't know why they have invited just her for another interview as the letter states and train tickets attached to attend the interview in Cardiff

The 1st main interview which was also done in Cardiff - my daughter and wife were invited based on our claims

Tbh ..I don't understand. ..fingers crossed

We both have rights to work though ....as for yours ..just relax you will get a letter soon allowing you to work as it usually takes some time for HO to revert

GuerillaMethod
Mood:
Iran

Post by GuerillaMethod » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:35 pm

Came to this country as student in 2011
Applied for political asylum in 2013
2 interviews and refusal in 2015
Appeal rights exhausted 2016
Fresh claim Christianity 2017
Received grant letter yesterday without interview

Laureen007

Post by Laureen007 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:18 am

Hi does any body know if I can contact the upper tribunal as I am still waiting for a response to appeal? And also I am looking to do a fresh claim based on my brother that is a British citizen and he has been supporting me and my son as we live with him, will that be possible to submit fresh claim as a sibling of a British citizen? And I got two British nephews as well that I watch occasionally. Please anybody with any idea to my questions please reply me thanks

Laureen007

Post by Laureen007 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:12 pm

Laureen007 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:18 am
Hi does any body know if I can contact the upper tribunal as I am still waiting for a response to appeal? And also I am looking to do a fresh claim based on my brother that is a British citizen and he has been supporting me and my son as we live with him, will that be possible to submit fresh claim as a sibling of a British citizen? And I got two British nephews as well that I watch occasionally. Please anybody with any idea to my questions please reply me thanks
I have just been told that upper tribunal refused permission to appeal but they didn’t send a notice to me or my solicitor, they sent it only to HO. I Haven’t heard from the home office though. Now can I do a fresh claim on the basis of my brother being a British citizen and my two British nephews that I watch occasionally? I have a son 1 and half year old.

Pnoor
Newly Registered
India

Post by Pnoor » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:56 am

Hi guys
Can someone help me
After 2.5 years of applying further submission today I received letter from HO to send them family pictures, birth certificate of my kids and bank statements.

Whats going on? Are they making decision? Has it happened to any one?

sammy4real
Newly Registered

Post by sammy4real » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:45 pm

Hi guys, pls I want to ask about something that just happened to a friends of mine. One is fail asylum seeker and he just went to submit fresh claim this Thursday at Liverpool. He said they did biometric for him straightaway while submitting and they took is passport photography to use it as he didn’t go with his passport photography so they did it for him their also. He told me he was surprised bcos they had never did biometric and passport photography since he had been submitting fresh claim before. Is this the new rule to give people paper asap I mean residency quickly. The second person claim asylum since May 2018 and did his big interview since October 2018. They sent email and letter to his lawyer asking for more information and for him to clarify some questions about his asylum. He was surprised bcos that was the second questions they will be asking him as they said they need him to answer questions about his correct identity so that they can decide his asylum case ASAP and this guy has been in uk for 12 yrs and have 3 children which are 7yrs, 6yrs and 4yrs.his MP told him home office said they will decide his case Immediately they get the answers to the question which they gave him 5days to do. i was surprised when he told me about the questions they requested from him and I told him they just want to be sure of his correct details bcos I told him they are ready to grant him as they told him they knew he has tried many times to regularised his status which didn’t workout years back and they just want him to answer the questions bcos if not they would have used the informations to refuse him or decide immediately or expecting him to appeal the refusal or go to court but they gave him the grace to answer the questions. He has tried so many times years ago to sort out is status which did not work out in the past. I want to ask do anyone have idea or if home office has asked anyone you know to clarify some question before they decide his or her asylum claim? I think they are ready to grant the person bcos I if not believe they would have refuse him if they want to instead of giving him this grace? Pls my friends need help from anyone that have experience these before. Thanks

moore100
Nigeria

Post by moore100 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:33 pm

hello  sammy4real, Can you ask your friend if it was questionnaire they sent to him or it was Preliminary Information Questionnaire  ask him because that is what home office normally sent to people's seeking asylum ask him please? because have not had about home office sent someone to answer questions maybe it questionnaire they sent to him or it was Preliminary Information Questionnaire?ask him okay and give us update.

Thank you.

modk79
Newly Registered

Post by modk79 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:21 pm

sammy4real wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:45 pm
Hi guys, pls I want to ask about something that just happened to a friends of mine. One is fail asylum seeker and he just went to submit fresh claim this Thursday at Liverpool. He said they did biometric for him straightaway while submitting and they took is passport photography to use it as he didn’t go with his passport photography so they did it for him their also. He told me he was surprised bcos they had never did biometric and passport photography since he had been submitting fresh claim before. Is this the new rule to give people paper asap I mean residency quickly.
With fresh claims, submitted in person as a sole applicant, you will have your biometrics taken at the same time at the new UKVCAS centres. However, if you are making a fresh claim with dependants on your application, then you will not be enrolled at the same time, as you dependants will not normally attend the appointment with you. If the caseworker later decides your application is to result in a form of leave, then you will be invited to enrol.

NB : If you are enrolled at your appointment as a sole applicant, this is not an indicator that your application will be successful.

modk79
Newly Registered

Post by modk79 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:26 pm

Pnoor wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:56 am
Hi guys
Can someone help me
After 2.5 years of applying further submission today I received letter from HO to send them family pictures, birth certificate of my kids and bank statements.

Whats going on? Are they making decision? Has it happened to any one?
A caseworker is reviewing your file. Your further submissions are 2.5 years old and the caseworker needs to see up to date evidence. Send in all the evidence requested asap

modk79
Newly Registered

Post by modk79 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:28 pm

Laureen007 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:12 pm
Laureen007 wrote:
I have just been told that upper tribunal refused permission to appeal but they didn’t send a notice to me or my solicitor, they sent it only to HO. I Haven’t heard from the home office though. Now can I do a fresh claim on the basis of my brother being a British citizen and my two British nephews that I watch occasionally? I have a son 1 and half year old.
Yes but further submissions are based on fear of returning home. You need to make your submission based on a continuing fear of persecution/humanitarian protection.

The Home Office will then assess any family life submissions you make as part of the same application.

moore100
Nigeria

Post by moore100 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:52 pm

hello modk79, I need some advice from you please.. I apple for asylum since July 2018 and I did only screen interview after that home office send me letter to do biometric at post office in December, and they sent me form to fill which is questionnaire which i fill it and send it back to the home office with my children birth certificate and their passport with partner passport also. since then have not been call for the substantive interview, it about 1years and 2 month now and I did Apple for permission to work they have not yet reply me and I also requestion for my partner passport because she want to find work and I call my lawyer he told me they have not get back to him, I want to know if I call report this to out MP to get involved, hope this will not damage my case to involved MP. and I always report every month at immigration centre.

Thank you
modk79.

modk79
Newly Registered

Post by modk79 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:46 pm

moore100 wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:52 pm
hello modk79, I need some advice from you please.. I apple for asylum since July 2018 and I did only screen interview after that home office send me letter to do biometric at post office in December, and they sent me form to fill which is questionnaire which i fill it and send it back to the home office with my children birth certificate and their passport with partner passport also. since then have not been call for the substantive interview, it about 1years and 2 month now and I did Apple for permission to work they have not yet reply me and I also requestion for my partner passport because she want to find work and I call my lawyer he told me they have not get back to him, I want to know if I call report this to out MP to get involved, hope this will not damage my case to involved MP. and I always report every month at immigration centre.

Thank you
modk79.
Is this a Fresh Asylum Claim or Initial Asylum Claim? If it is a fresh claim you are not always invited for an interview. When did you apply for permission to work?

sammy4real
Newly Registered

Post by sammy4real » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:27 pm

@Moore100, thanks for your help. I asked him and he said they sent preliminary information questionnaire to him few days after he did his big interview which is long time ago. The question they asked him was just about him clarifying his identity bcos he told me he was advice to go and submit or start something again after he has try to sort out his paper 7 to 8yrs ago which didn’t work out. To cut it short someone try to wicked him by lying against him just bcos the person knew he doesn’t have paper and called police for him which later lead to court issue and from court home office got to know about him after yrs of hiding. He was told to go at the court while the man that called police for him was embarrassed by the judge for trying to wicked him without committing any crime or offence.while He was at the police station Immigration office visited him and at the end advised him to go and start application that they had seen it on their record that he is a good father and the officer was even sorry for what the man did to him by calling when he knew his status. So the questions was to clarify the past applications he has made and his correct information. Although his lawyer told him it seems they are ready to grant him bcos if not they would have refuse him and any questions would have been sent to him through refusal letter but it wasn’t like that. Also he was surprised and hope they are ready to grant him his asylum as his lawyer said they want to be sure the names they will use to grant him.The questions is not questionnaire. Is question regarding his past applications and his correct identity which is uncommon for them to ask such questions from asylum seeker and they told him they will decide his application immediately they receive answers to the questions. So that is what he told me.

moore100
Nigeria

Post by moore100 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:39 pm

@ modk79 ..yes it was Initial Asylum Claim , it not fresh claim and my lawyer told me I have 90% tgey won't call me for interview since they send me the questionnaire form to fill that you have explain why you fair to go back home and I have good human right which is article 8 that they won't call me for interview because since July 2018 , they should have call me for interview and I have for permission to work June 30 2019 and also can i involved MP because my partner need her passport back and we will leave our children passport with them and all the rest document for them we just need my partner passport.

modk79
Newly Registered

Post by modk79 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:35 pm

Yes contact your MP to have your case escalated. You should be given permission to work as you have been waiting a year and you can request your partner's documents back.

Asylum is not Article 8. Which form did you fill in?

Laureen007

Post by Laureen007 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:41 pm

modk79 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:28 pm
Laureen007 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:12 pm
Laureen007 wrote:
I have just been told that upper tribunal refused permission to appeal but they didn’t send a notice to me or my solicitor, they sent it only to HO. I Haven’t heard from the home office though. Now can I do a fresh claim on the basis of my brother being a British citizen and my two British nephews that I watch occasionally? I have a son 1 and half year .

Yes but further submissions are based on fear of returning home. You need to make your submission based on a continuing fear of persecution/humanitarian protection.

The Home Office will then assess any family life submissions you make as part of the same application.

Ok thank you. I will put that in and see what happens