ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need a Tier 2 visa? Remote work + occasional visits

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

atsrla
Newly Registered
Belarus

Do I need a Tier 2 visa? Remote work + occasional visits

Post by atsrla » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:50 am

Hi all,

Hope you have a nice day!

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I hope that I can get some opinions here. I am very confused about the type of visa I need. The situation is the following:

I have an opportunity to work for a very respectable UK company for a long period of time (more than 2 years) while earning a competitive salary.

The employer itself proposed that I could do the majority of work remotely from another country (not EEA), which I am a citizen of, and only visit the UK for the occasional business meetings every month or two. I will receive my salary in GBP on my UK bank account and pay tax according to the physical location of the employer (UK) due to the double taxation convention.

I am not planning to apply to settle in the UK.

What type of visa do I need? The company has no problem with issuing a CoS but would I be eligible for Tier 2 in this case or do I need some other type of visa?

Thank you very much in advance!

balamv
Newly Registered
India

Re: Do I need a Tier 2 visa? Remote work + occasional visits

Post by balamv » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:57 pm

Hi atsrla,

Any update on your queries?

1) May I know if you tried doing remote work outside UK and tried entering UK after 2-3 months gap ?
2) Is your Gen Tier-2 visa still valid ?

It would be helpful for me if you could share your experience, as I have posted similar questions in this forum and waiting for expert's reply.