ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for 1st Child passport for daughter with COE in Foreign Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Angel2403
Newly Registered

Apply for 1st Child passport for daughter with COE in Foreign Passport

Post by Angel2403 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:49 pm

Hi folks,

Our 9 month old daughter, born in the Philippines has a British Right of Abode, Certificate of Entitlement in her Filipino passport. I am her British father, born in the UK with British passport. My wife is Filipino with ILR.

We are now settled in the UK.

I tried applying for her 1st British passport online. However, the online application has no option to detail her COE status?

It only asks if the applicant has a Naturalisation certificate etc. It would be better if it also had a question regarding if the applicant has a COE in their foreign passport.

Consequently, it appears that we can’t use the online form as because we can’t detail her COE status, it assumes she is applying as a Filipino from abroad with no UK Citizen status.

How have other members with children with a COE applied for their child’s 1st British passport?

Thank you for all advice.

Cheers
A

zimba
Mood:

Re: Apply for 1st Child passport for daughter with COE in Foreign Passport

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:26 pm

Just answer No to that question. You do not need to have a explicit question that you would answer regarding the COE
You must send her original passport and her COE sticker will be cancelled when British passport is issued
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Angel2403
Newly Registered

Post by Angel2403 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:37 pm

Thanks for the reply.

However, it's not just the question re
Naturalisation, if you continue after saying No, there is a whole lot of documents that are asked for, because they assume you are applying from the Philippines, eg grandparents birth Certificates etc etc, which I assume are not required, given that my daughter already has her COE?

Is it just the case that I proceed with the application, include her birth cert and her passport in the docs sent, along with a letter detailing that a British COE is already in her passport?

I guess that sounds logical maybe hehe

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:21 am

Yes. Ignore the online list. Refer to the passport booklet instead: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 9__web.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice