ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entering the UK as visitor before visa start date T5 YMV

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xachalexson
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Entering the UK as visitor before visa start date T5 YMV

Post by xachalexson » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:12 pm

Hi guys, holding an HKSAR passport here.

I have recently spoken with my UK visa consultant to get all my documents checked for my application. I will be providing my biometrics on the 29th of July 2019, and I meet all the requirements. I have spoken to her about my 2 trips (19th to 25th August and 10th to 22nd September, 1 week and 2 weeks respectively) to the UK before 31st December (as I have written that my arrival date will be in December) as a tourist.

She told me that it is highly unrecommended to enter the UK before I have my visa approved as the entry officers might think that I am taking advantage of the visa-free period and moving onto the visa's 2 years (6 months visa-free). I have my itinerary clearly indicating my go and return dates with flights, so hopefully, I will not be rejected entry. Is this true? May I ask has anyone been through this kind of situation? Will they really have a high chance of refusing you no matter the evidence you provide?

Also - I am planning to apply for a spousal visa as I plan to marry and stay with my girlfriend after the 2 years. She is a British citizen, born and raised in the UK. She currently has council housing/public housing from the government, can I apply that as my address when I open a bank account? And is it okay that I stay there while I work in the UK for those 2 years?

Many thanks!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Entering the UK as visitor before visa start date T5 YMV

Post by sah10406 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:43 pm

xachalexson wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:12 pm
She told me that it is highly unrecommended to enter the UK before I have my visa approved as the entry officers might think that I am taking advantage of the visa-free period and moving onto the visa's 2 years (6 months visa-free). I have my itinerary clearly indicating my go and return dates with flights, so hopefully, I will not be rejected entry. Is this true?
No, but you seem to be making it very complicated. Why not complete your visits first, then apply for the Tier 5 YMS visa when you get back to Hong Kong.
xachalexson wrote:
Also - I am planning to apply for a spousal visa as I plan to marry and stay with my girlfriend after the 2 years. She is a British citizen, born and raised in the UK. She currently has council housing/public housing from the government, can I apply that as my address when I open a bank account?
Yes. This is not an immigration matter.
xachalexson wrote:
And is it okay that I stay there while I work in the UK for those 2 years?
That's for your girlfriend to check against her tenancy agreement.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.