ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tssivakumar
Newly Registered

Re: Help needed

Post by tssivakumar » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:31 am

megha_82 wrote:Hi,

I'm a work permit holder planning to switch to Tier-1.

1) I have more than 800 pounds in my HSBC basic accnt for the past 3 months. But the accnt is a basic accnt from which I can withdraw maximum 200 pounds/day only. Can I show it as maintenance fund?
[tssivakumar] Yes

2) Part of my salary is credited into SBI accnt in India . Can I submit passbook of the accnt as proof of earnings?
[tssivakumar] Yes (I think) and as well as the entries are computer printed!

Thanks in advance

geriatrix

Re: Maintenance fund

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:44 am

[quote="vinod_p"]For applications submitted outside the UK, all evidence must be dated no more than 7 days before the application is submittedâ€
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ddpatel256
Newly Registered

Post by ddpatel256 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:58 am

Good news guys

I got approval today.

HSMP to Tier1 (From UK) ( 1 + 2 Dependents)

HSMP Applied: Feb-08 HSMP Approval letter got : 27-Apr-08

Applied for Leave to remain: 13-MAY-08
Payment debited: 20-MAY-08
Reference number got: 21-MAY-08
Approval date: 03-JUL-08 (Valid till JUN-2011)
Got my documents back: 08-JUL-08

All the best for guys who are waiting (I know what pain in waiting for it!!!!). And thanks all of this forum participants for support and updates.

DD

Man_HSMP
Newly Registered

Processing time lines

Post by Man_HSMP » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:07 pm

Hi Everybody,
I managed to call Home Office yesterday and got the info that they are processing the applications submitted on 29th of May 2008.

Just posting the info for the candidates who are waiting...

I applied for the FLR tier 1 on 6th June and waiting for the decission.

Cheers,
XXX

baheri

Post by baheri » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:14 pm

Hi guys,
I jus managed to speak to a lady in HO. She told me dat my application has passed to manager rather than CW as I request them to treat it urgently. Also she said I should hear something very soon as decision has not taken place yet. Does any one has idea how long will it take as she did not give me any time frame rather said if I dount hear anything in next couple call us back. I m so despreate to c my passport back as I missed it loads so far!!!! hahahah

talk2ananth
Newly Registered

Post by talk2ananth » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:02 pm

I have been a silent viewer of this forum but I should admit that this forum is quite helpful. I thank everyone for their valuable posts.

I got my visa approved and here are the details:

Applied on : 22-05-2008 (Sent by royalmail spl delivery next day)
Reference dtd: 23-05-2008 & PB3056****
Approved on: 03-07-2008
Received on: 08-07-2008 (royalmail recorded delivery)

Points Awarded (with Docs attached):
1. Qualifications - 30 (Degree Certificate & Marksheets)
2. Prev Earnings - 45 (Payslips-12mons, P-60(exactly matching payslips & total), Letter from Employer stating all the 12 months salaries, Bank Statements-12 mons
3. UK Experience - 5 (No specific docs)
4. Age - 0
5. English Language - 10 (Letter from the University stating Medium of instruction - though this is not necessary)
6. Maintenance funds - 10 (Savings account statement for 3 months)

Also attached a copy of the points calculator output from BIA website.

There is a sad news though, my name in the visa is printed wrongly. Could anyone suggest me what could be the best route to get this one sorted?

(P.S. Sorry for the duplicate post :-) )

gautam_309

Post by gautam_309 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:25 pm

guys

i am trying to fax some documents for Urgent treatment on 01142076555 but even after 3 attempts i am not able to send the documents

Do anyone of you have a differnet fax number or know whether it is normal not to get connect to this number ?

Gautam

talk2ananth
Newly Registered

Post by talk2ananth » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:35 pm

I guess the fax number is 0114 207 4000. Please refer to this link and look under Work permits customer contact centre:

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/contac ... ctcentres/

[quote="gautam_309"]guys

i am trying to fax some documents for Urgent treatment on 01142076555 but even after 3 attempts i am not able to send the documents

Do anyone of you have a differnet fax number or know whether it is normal not to get connect to this number ?

Gautam[/quote]

jj627
Newly Registered

Post by jj627 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:54 pm

gautam_309 wrote:guys

Gautam
i managed to fax them with this number twice and they all got it. this is the fax number of Tier 1 department while 011420074000 is for the customer service. it will take a bit longer for them to forward to Tier 1 department.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:41 pm

Hi guys,
To answer your queries:

1. Tracking site for Royal Mail is on their main website, you cant miss it.
2.My timeline is as follows:

HSMP-FLR 2yr-->Tier 1 - FLR 3yrs( 1+3 applications)
Applied: 2/06/08
Recd at HO: 3/06/08
Fees taken: 3/06/08
Ref letter sent: 3/06/08
Ref letter recd by me: 4/06/08
Urgent treatment request sent to new WP fax no(011420074000): 30/06/08( dont think it worked)
Visa granted: 4/07/08
Passports stamped: 07/08/08, Tier 1 migrant-Residence permit- for 3 yrs
Docs recd by me: 08/07/08, 9 30am( track showed docs reached at midnight)

All the best, thanks for all the support
Best

vinod_p
Newly Registered

Post by vinod_p » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:33 pm

Thanks Mehta for the reply.
I forgot to mention in the previous posting that the account which I maintain in India is a joint account with my father. I have seen in this forum that joint accounts, other than the one with spouse, are not acceptable as maintenance fund for submissions in India. Is this rule applicable for UK submissions also? The BIA website (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... intenance/) only states that both joint accounts and overseas accounts are acceptable. Does it mean that "overseas joint account" is acceptable?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:44 pm

vinod_p wrote:Thanks Mehta for the reply.
I forgot to mention in the previous posting that the account which I maintain in India is a joint account with my father. I have seen in this forum that joint accounts, other than the one with spouse, are not acceptable as maintenance fund for submissions in India. Is this rule applicable for UK submissions also? The BIA website (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... intenance/) only states that both joint accounts and overseas accounts are acceptable. Does it mean that "overseas joint account" is acceptable?
Don't think joint accounts with anyone other than spouse are considered anywhere for Tier 1 purposes, but don't take my word for it as I cannot substantiate my belief with hard evidence.
Or I might be wrong altogether.

As your case is getting complicated with every passing day :wink: , I would suggest that you check with UKBA directly.

regards

surmui

Post by surmui » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:58 pm

raush wrote:
surmui wrote:Hi,
got my approval on sat.Had appliedforFLR ontier 1 for HSMP 1+3.
My time line
Applied on 20'th may 08
HO receieved on 21'st May 08
Ref no on 24'th may 08
Additional documents sent on 7'th June 08

No phone or email contact made
Doc receieved on 5'th Julywith approval and visa upto 2011 for four of us.

Wish all waiting good luck :D
Where did you sent the additional documents?

Hi ,I contacted the HO and was asked to sent the additional documents to
work permit/Tier 1 (General)
UK border agency
P.O.Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

with a covering letter with my PBS Ref No on it.

Hope this helps.

baheri

Post by baheri » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:23 pm

talk2ananth wrote:I guess the fax number is 0114 207 4000. Please refer to this link and look under Work permits customer contact centre:

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/contac ... ctcentres/
gautam_309 wrote:guys

Gautam
Fax on these two number 01142075862, or 01142076555. One of them is worken fine and not sure which one is dat. I used one of these two numbers to fax my urgent treatment letter n they received my letter instantly as I confirmed over phone. Do not forget to post it in first class recorded as it is also proof n fewer chances of ignoring. Gud luk

vinod_p
Newly Registered

Post by vinod_p » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:04 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
vinod_p wrote:Thanks Mehta for the reply.
Don't think joint accounts with anyone other than spouse are considered anywhere for Tier 1 purposes, but don't take my word for it as I cannot substantiate my belief with hard evidence.
Or I might be wrong altogether.

As your case is getting complicated with every passing day :wink: , I would suggest that you check with UKBA directly.

regards
thanks...I have sent an e-mail to wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk for clarification.

vinod_p
Newly Registered

Post by vinod_p » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:17 am

sushdmehta wrote: As your case is getting complicated with every passing day :wink: , I would suggest that you check with UKBA directly.

regards
Let me summarize my case:

I am in UK since April 2007 on a work permit which is valid until 13th September 2008. I have the following supporting documents:

1) Original degree certificate to claim points for qualification and English language requirements (BA self-assessment tool recognises the degree for language requirements)
2) Original payslips (in the company letterhead + signed and stamped) for the past 12 months + complete bank statement for the whole year

Now the documents for maintenance requirement:

The bank statements clearly show that my balance was never below £800 for the whole year, except for 5 days (this falls in the last 3 months period :( ). The balance dropped below £800 when I transferred some money from my UK account to an account in India which is jointly held by me and my father. The minimum balance in my UK account during those 5 days was £720. I have the following documents to prove the maintenance requirement:
1) The bank statements in UK and India which show the combined balance for the past 3 months was much more than £800.
2) A letter from SBI (through which I transferred money) stating that:
£ X was transferred from my UK account to the account in India. The transaction was initiated on--- and the amount was credited into the beneficiary’s account on --- .

Please advise me whether it is safe to submit application with the above documents.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:50 am

vinod_p wrote:I am in UK since April 2007 on a work permit which is valid until 13th September 2008.
Unless your employer is intending to send you back to India, why not let the employer renew your WP and you extend your leave to remain in UK on that basis. This way you can submit your Tier 1 application later on as and when you can show 800 pounds balance over 3 months in your UK account itself. Just a thought, based on a big assumption. :wink:

Which 5 days (date & month) was your balance less than 800 pounds in the UK account?

regards

vinod_p
Newly Registered

Post by vinod_p » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:38 am

sushdmehta wrote:
vinod_p wrote:I am in UK since April 2007 on a work permit which is valid until 13th September 2008.
Unless your employer is intending to send you back to India, why not let the employer renew your WP and you extend your leave to remain in UK on that basis. This way you can submit your Tier 1 application later on as and when you can show 800 pounds balance over 3 months in your UK account itself. Just a thought, based on a big assumption. :wink:

Which 5 days (date & month) was your balance less than 800 pounds in the UK account?

regards
The balance was below £800 during 25/04/2008 - 29/04/2008.
Yes I can submit application after 30th of this month. But it may lead to some other problem if the application gets rejected and we get back the passports not before October end (12 weeks from submission). My wife is pregnant and it is not safe to fly after October. I don't want to take any risk in that.

In that case, Can I request for urgent treatment of the application (on medical grounds) if it is not decided 8 weeks after submission?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:51 am

vinod_p wrote:The balance was below £800 during 25/04/2008 - 29/04/2008.
Yes I can submit application after 30th of this month. But it may lead to some other problem if the application gets rejected and we get back the passports not before October end (12 weeks from submission). My wife is pregnant and it is not safe to fly after October. I don't want to take any risk in that.

In that case, Can I request for urgent treatment of the application (on medical grounds) if it is not decided 8 weeks after submission?
My two cents:
1. If you have calculated your poiints accurately and have all the required documentary evidence in order, I don't see a reason why your application will be rejected. But yes, worrying about the worst is natural, happens with everyone.
2. A service standard of 10 weeks doesn't necessarily mean that your application will not be dealt with before that.
3. The reason you have given, in my personal opinion, should convince UKBA to treat your application urgently. A letter from your wife's GP / consultant advising the mother-to-be not to travel after a said date / period will help your urgent treatment request. This said, there's no guarantee that UKBA will not ignore your urgent treatment request.

Are you planning to apply for your wife as well? You cannot 'coz you do not have maintenance funds to support her dependent application. You need 800 pounds for yourself and 533/1600 pounds for dependent (depending on whether you have been in UK for more than 12 months or less).

Are you planning to travel back to India with her? If not, then you can apply on your own after 30th because you will not need your passport. Once you have your Tier 1 leave to remain, you can then sponsor your wife's dependent application in India.

regards

vinod_p
Newly Registered

Post by vinod_p » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:41 pm

sushdmehta wrote:My two cents:
1. If you have calculated your poiints accurately and have all the required documentary evidence in order, I don't see a reason why your application will be rejected. But yes, worrying about the worst is natural, happens with everyone.
2. A service standard of 10 weeks doesn't necessarily mean that your application will not be dealt with before that.
3. The reason you have given, in my personal opinion, should convince UKBA to treat your application urgently. A letter from your wife's GP / consultant advising the mother-to-be not to travel after a said date / period will help your urgent treatment request. This said, there's no guarantee that UKBA will not ignore your urgent treatment request.

Are you planning to apply for your wife as well? You cannot 'coz you do not have maintenance funds to support her dependent application. You need 800 pounds for yourself and 533/1600 pounds for dependent (depending on whether you have been in UK for more than 12 months or less).

Are you planning to travel back to India with her? If not, then you can apply on your own after 30th because you will not need your passport. Once you have your Tier 1 leave to remain, you can then sponsor your wife's dependent application in India.

regards
I’m confident that I have calculated the points accurately and have all the supporting documents…it should fall under the straightforward application category.

My wife is in a permanent job (provided she is eligible to live and work in UK. i.e., her employer won’t apply for WP). She also needs to apply along with me to keep her job. She has over £5000 balance in her UK account for the last 3 months which she can show as a proof of maintenance fund.

I have decided to apply only after 30th. In the worst case, if my application is not decided after 10 weeks of submission and my urgent treatment request gets rejected, I will withdraw my application.

Mehta, thank you very much for your valuable suggestions!

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:21 pm

vinod_p wrote:She has over £5000 balance in her UK account for the last 3 months which she can show as a proof of maintenance fund.
Sorry I missed remembering this fact from your earliest post.

How difficult will it be for you to convert your wife's account into a joint account and getting a letter from the bank to state that this is a joint account with XYZ funds maintained for last 3 months ??? Solves your problem with regards to maintenance funds and saves you both a couple of weeks! No harm in giving it a shot - at worst, the bank will say no to the letter.

All the best. And congrats for the - angel arriving soon - news.

regards

vinod_p
Newly Registered

Post by vinod_p » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:48 pm

sushdmehta wrote: Sorry I missed remembering this fact from your earliest post.

How difficult will it be for you to convert your wife's account into a joint account and getting a letter from the bank to state that this is a joint account with XYZ funds maintained for last 3 months ??? Solves your problem with regards to maintenance funds and saves you both a couple of weeks! No harm in giving it a shot - at worst, the bank will say no to the letter.

All the best. And congrats for the - angel arriving soon - news.

regards
Thanks !
I will enquire whether it can be converted into a joint account.

I have read somewhere that if we submit an application before the current leave to remain expires, we are eligible to live and work in the UK until getting a decision on the application. Could you please give a pointer to the official document?

rajivferroin

Re: Processing time lines

Post by rajivferroin » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:28 pm

Yes, you are right, my friend has submitted the application on 29th May 2008 and he got a call from HO, telling that one section in the form is not complete and he need to fax that page to home office.

regards
Man_HSMP wrote:Hi Everybody,
I managed to call Home Office yesterday and got the info that they are processing the applications submitted on 29th of May 2008.

Just posting the info for the candidates who are waiting...

I applied for the FLR tier 1 on 6th June and waiting for the decission.

Cheers,
XXX

desaisonalr
Newly Registered

Workpermit to Tier 1 application

Post by desaisonalr » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:15 pm

My friend got the Tier 1 stamped

Applied on : 13-06-2008 (Sent by royalmail spl delivery next day)
Reference dtd: 17-06-2008 & PB****
Received on: 09-07-2008 (royalmail recorded delivery)

Urgent treatment letter faxed on 01 july 08.

nevadawipes

Re: Workpermit to Tier 1 application

Post by nevadawipes » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:02 pm

desaisonalr wrote:My friend got the Tier 1 stamped

Applied on : 13-06-2008 (Sent by royalmail spl delivery next day)
Reference dtd: 17-06-2008 & PB****
Received on: 09-07-2008 (royalmail recorded delivery)

Urgent treatment letter faxed on 01 july 08.
thats like exceptionally fast service. can you please tell us bit more about this like in wht category he applied and wht was the reason for the urgent treatment??

regards