ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Detained at Calais Ferry port by UKVI and given Form IS81

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AJwife
Newly Registered

Detained at Calais Ferry port by UKVI and given Form IS81

Post by AJwife » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:22 am

Hello,

My family and I went to France for 6 days, my husband and 5 children are all British Citizens. I still have a valid BRP until March next year, we took the birth certificates showing my 2 eldest are my children (got married since so different surnames) From my point all things were in order.

Despite this I was detained coming back to the UK with my family for 45 minutes pending checked, when asked why they gave me the form IS81 to say they have retained my passport and travel documents and ticked a to say they needed to examine if I should be refused or granted leave to enter the UK.

They did my finger print etc and all was fine, I’m so confused by the protocol. Whilst they checked another immigration officer asked why didn’t my husband apply for me to get a European resident permit which he stated was free and we would have in a day to avoid the issues we had. He said it’s a waste of time you being detained because you have 5 minor dependants with my youngest being only 4 months old.

Is this something I should be worried about in the future? Do I need to declare it when my renewal is due? Is it best to apply for a European residency card instead? It completely ruined our little family Disney get away because we missed our ferry which was delayed as it stands and then boarded the last one which didn’t get to the UK until 1 am with grumpy, tired children. 😓

Casa

Re: Detained at Calais Ferry port by UKVI and given Form IS81

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:20 pm

Something very odd here. :? If your husband is British, you don't qualify for an EEA permit. Which category of visa do you currently hold?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:56 pm

Casa wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:20 pm
Something very odd here. :? If your husband is British, you don't qualify for an EEA permit. Which category of visa do you currently hold?
Appears to be FLR(FP) route after period of overstay.

british-citizenship/british-citizenship ... l#p1723027
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:14 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:56 pm
Casa wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:20 pm
Appears to be FLR(FP) route after period of overstay.

british-citizenship/british-citizenship ... l#p1723027
Unusual to be issued with FLR(P) under the Partner route while living together with the father :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

AJwife
Newly Registered

Post by AJwife » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:32 pm

I had my visa before I met my husband, I was initially granted leave to remain on private life basis. The eldest kids dad and I separated and I applied as a single parent, I met my husband a year after we had twins and got married 8 months before my then visa expired. We were in the process of relocating down south which took a bit of time due to eldest kids being in school, we moved into our new home 3 months before my visa expired and I sent my renewal within the 28 days with a cover letter explaining we had only just moved home and didn’t have enough evidence besides our marriage certificate to show cohabiting etc. I have a disabled child and submitted all evidence to show I was the primary carer for my children and I was granted with FLR as a parent.

I don’t know what the immigration officer meant by apply in France for EU residency card, I went to France and consider myself stable immigration wise with not long to go so to be detained was unexpected.

How do I upload an image, I’ll upload the paper given at the ferry port.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:55 pm

AJwife wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:32 pm
I was the primary carer for my children and I was granted with FLR as a parent.
I don't think that this inconvenience which happened to you will affect your renewal in future because its totally illiteracy from their end who were mixing EU rules again UK immigration rules. Probably they might be mistakenly assuming it a surinder Singh route.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:31 pm

Does the British husband reside in the UK or does he reside in another EEA country? Does he have a non-British EEA passport and which passport did he present at the immigration counter?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

AJwife
Newly Registered

Post by AJwife » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:56 pm

My husband and I live together and have done since my last renewal was submitted in 2016, he only has one passport which is a British one. He was born here however have lived in France and other European countries before we met.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:25 pm

AJwife wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:56 pm
My husband and I live together and have done since my last renewal was submitted in 2016, he only has one passport which is a British one. He was born here however have lived in France and other European countries before we met.
Shouldn't be any issue because airport immigration staff mistakenly assuming and advising about surinder Singh route.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

abdulsaid
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Post by abdulsaid » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:50 pm

Might be a late reply but my advice is allow this inconvenience to happen.
I have been living here for 11 years legally family of 6 and not subject to immigration control but not a single day I go out to EU when returning I don't get form 81. Latest is today and every time they tell me nothing is wrong my name is flagged but it will be removed within 3 months, 4 times I have been out in the past 2 years twice through calais and detained and twice at Man Airport.
I request SAR. Nothing is wrong but still facing this so now I check in allowing enough time.
Whether you are British or foreigner some names are flagged.