ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

relocation to Germany through university of EU directive

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Benzino78
Newly Registered
Mood:

relocation to Germany through university of EU directive

Post by Benzino78 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:29 am

Hi everyone! Seeking advice here.
I am a British citizen who is trying to assist my brother to relocate to Germany. He is married with 3 children. Will it be better for me to :
1 . Relocate to Germany first and then invoke the EU directive?
2. Relocate to Germany, get university admission for my brother and then invoke the EU directive? I see getting his family to Germany incredibly difficulty as a student. Please advise.

Kind regards,
Ben

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: relocation to Germany through university of EU directive

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:30 pm

Benzino78 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:29 am
I am a British citizen who is trying to assist my brother to relocate to Germany. He is married with 3 children. Will it be better for me to :
2. Relocate to Germany, get university admission for my brother and then invoke the EU directive? I see getting his family to Germany incredibly difficulty as a student. Please advise.

Kind regards,
Ben
Hello

EU Directive has nothing to do with studies. So studies or not, that's not relevant really.

That Directive is very difficult to invoke to entire families. You can invoke it for your partner and your kids. In some remote cases, it may work for a single adult where there is a history and circumstances that justify it. But I have never seen it successfully working for an entire relative his own family.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:09 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:30 pm
Benzino78 wrote:

Kind regards,
Ben
Hello

EU Directive has nothing to do with studies. So studies or not, that's not relevant really.

That Directive is very difficult to invoke to entire families. You can invoke it for your partner and your kids. In some remote cases, it may work for a single adult where there is a history and circumstances that justify it. But I have never seen it successfully working for an entire relative his own family.
@Zerubbabel The OP has posted various scenarios for bringing his brother, sister-in-law and 3 children into three different EU countries, including France where his Nigerian mother is currently stuck without any legal residence. :!:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:23 pm

Casa wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:09 pm
Zerubbabel wrote:
Benzino78 wrote:

Kind regards,
Ben
Hello

@Zerubbabel The OP has posted various scenarios for bringing his brother, sister-in-law and 3 children into three different EU countries, including France where his Nigerian mother is currently stuck without any legal residence. :!:
Oh! Thank you for the heads up. I think I responded to a few posts without realizing they are from the same person.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:25 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:23 pm
Casa wrote:
Zerubbabel wrote:
Benzino78 wrote:

Kind regards,
Ben
Never helpful when a member opens multiple threads. :roll:
Hello

Oh! Thank you for the heads up. I think I responded to a few posts without realizing they are from the same person.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:27 pm

Casa wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:25 pm
Zerubbabel wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:23 pm
Casa wrote:
Zerubbabel wrote:

Never helpful when a member opens multiple threads. :roll:
Hello

Never helpful when a member opens several threads! :roll:
(Casa, not CR001)