ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship ceremony letter received but no confirmation from Homeoffice

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bigben1982

Citizenship ceremony letter received but no confirmation from Homeoffice

Post by bigben1982 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:51 pm

Dear form experts,

I am so excited to see the confirmation of citizenship ceremony letter received today.Almost it took 5 months since applied online.

First of all,thanks a lot forum experts for all your invaluable support.

Now the strange thing happened is,I haven't received Homeoffice invitation letter yet but council has aleady sent me the invitation today for ceremony this week.

1. I have booked holidays to France end of August for a week.I am going to apply for Schengen Visa this Friday with my wife.So my passport will be with French embassy at least 3 weeks from this Friday.Can I rearrange the ceremony for 2nd week in September?

2.Will I be allowed to come back in September using the same ILR biometric ID and my original passport?

3.What to do just incase if I find out Homeoffice invitation letter was lost in the post?

Please kindly let me know.

Nerazzuri

Re: Citizenship ceremony letter received but no confirmation from Homeoffice

Post by Nerazzuri » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:02 pm

Why not just pay the £100-£120 for a private ceremony next week, and get a British passport? If you apply for a passport in the first week of August, you’ll get it before the last week of August.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:36 pm

You should be able to delay the ceremony. Talk to the council. I never heard that councils invite you for a ceremony as you have to book it yourself. If you attend the ceremony, your ILR will be invalid. I suggest to delay your ceremony or go for a private ceremony and aim for a British passport which you should get by the end of August instead of applying for a Schengen visa
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

bigben1982

Post by bigben1982 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:37 pm

Thank you for the advice.Even if I attend a private ceremony, still I don't think I will get the British passport by end of August.

Therefore,could you please tell me,do I have the rights to postpone the ceremony up until September 2nd week?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:31 pm

Therefore,could you please tell me,do I have the rights to postpone the ceremony up until September 2nd week?
Yes!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bigben1982

Post by bigben1982 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:30 pm

Thanks a lot CR001 🙂.

Nerazzuri

Post by Nerazzuri » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:52 am

bigben1982 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:37 pm
Thank you for the advice.Even if I attend a private ceremony, still I don't think I will get the British passport by end of August.

You could have a look at the time lines: british-citizenship/british-passport-ap ... -6660.html

It typically takes 2 weeks or less. If you had a ceremony next week, you can expect your passport well before the end of August. However, you're always free to defer your ceremony and apply for a visa. That'll be just as pricey as a private ceremony with all the add-on costs for Schengen visas, and a visa is no quicker than just getting your passport.

bigben1982

Re:Applying for for first British passport

Post by bigben1982 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:50 pm

Hi Forum experts,

Home office approval letter arrived last week. I decided to apply for the British passport before holidays in end of August. Ceremony will be this Thursday. Couple of questions please.

I am going to apply online straight after ceremony.

1.Countersignatory will be done by one of the referee I used to the naturalisation application. How long Homeoffice takes to contact my referee?

2.What my referee needs to do?

3.What are the documents I need to send to Homeoffice for the passport application?

4.Address to send the documents?

5.Do I have to send any documents to my referee?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:54 pm

1. The referee must be a professional on HMPO's list (not HO). It is not Home office that process passport, it is HMPO.

2. Have you looked at the paper form to see what is required??

3. The paper form comes in the envelope addressed to HMPO. The Online form will tell you what to do etc.

4. Depends how you apply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bigben1982

Post by bigben1982 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:15 pm

Hi CRoo1,

Thanks a lot for your support throughout my visa applications.

I am not sure what to expect when I apply online but I will try my best.