ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

delay more than 10 months

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zimba
Mood:

Re: delay more than 10 months

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:08 pm

You have claimed that HO is lying to everyone and does not do checks on many, a conspiratorial claim which is almost impossible to believe. You have no access to HO procedures as far as I know and do not provide any evidence regarding your claims. Experience of others and processing times do not prove any of the random claims you made.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:44 pm

Maybe because of the holiday season? I don't know really. But the observation that some get their decision in a matter if two or three weeks and others still waiting for more than 10 months is really puzzling! Anyways, good luck to all.

Zeebro44

Post by Zeebro44 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:54 am

Sorry for bad comments I was so upset cos somebody aplly after me and he got BC before me that's why

Adeel1979
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Adeel1979 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:45 am

Next week I will be celebrating my 1st anniversary of the Naturalisation application. Below is an email I wrote to Home Office last week.

Dear All,

I applied for British Citizenship on the 6th of August 2018. Well, it has been one year now and all I know is that 'Enquiries on my application are still ongoing'. I also know that there is no time limit specified in the nationality law to decide on the applications. I understand that in certain circumstances the target standard of 6 months is not possible to achieve--does this mean that the remaining applicants have to wait indefinitely with no real update from the HO?

Does the HO staff realise how such delays affect the personal and professional lives of people? Does the HO also understand the agony of keep waiting for the postman everyday in the hope of getting a brown envelope? Does the HO understands that the Nationality Helpline service is a waste of taxpayer money as they provide the same 2-line email to all inquirers rather than actually escalating the case?

No matter who you try to reach for help in the HO hierarchy, you will always get the same standard reply which frustrates you more rather than help. I have now got a bundle of such replies including from the Minister of immigration. Please see attached replies and you will find that they all are similar. They basically tell you that HO cannot tell you anything other than 'Enquiries on your application are still ongoing'. What is the harm in telling long delayed applicants that out of x enquiries, y have been completed. This in my view is more constructive source of communication.

How can I believe that 12 months is not enough for HO to conduct any sort of enquiry on my application from anywhere in the world. I just cannot get my head around it..

joeano353
BANNED
Tuvalu

Post by joeano353 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:59 am

Adeel1979 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:45 am
Next week I will be celebrating my 1st anniversary of the Naturalisation application. Below is an email I wrote to Home Office last week.

Dear All,

I applied for British Citizenship on the 6th of August 2018. Well, it has been one year now and all I know is that 'Enquiries on my application are still ongoing'. I also know that there is no time limit specified in the nationality law to decide on the applications. I understand that in certain circumstances the target standard of 6 months is not possible to achieve--does this mean that the remaining applicants have to wait indefinitely with no real update from the HO?

Does the HO staff realise how such delays affect the personal and professional lives of people? Does the HO also understand the agony of keep waiting for the postman everyday in the hope of getting a brown envelope? Does the HO understands that the Nationality Helpline service is a waste of taxpayer money as they provide the same 2-line email to all inquirers rather than actually escalating the case?

No matter who you try to reach for help in the HO hierarchy, you will always get the same standard reply which frustrates you more rather than help. I have now got a bundle of such replies including from the Minister of immigration. Please see attached replies and you will find that they all are similar. They basically tell you that HO cannot tell you anything other than 'Enquiries on your application are still ongoing'. What is the harm in telling long delayed applicants that out of x enquiries, y have been completed. This in my view is more constructive source of communication.

How can I believe that 12 months is not enough for HO to conduct any sort of enquiry on my application from anywhere in the world. I just cannot get my head around it..
You expect a government to be sympathetic to all applicants and forego enquiries and scurtiny? Do they do that in Pakistan? (your flag). Do you think that the British govt. should be lax in their procedures? UK at least responds with generic responses, most countries do not even spend time and resources acknowledging your questions. Unfortunately some names come up for additional investigation and get delayed. Be patient. As long as you are aware that your application is in the system you only need patience.

Heitomorrow

Post by Heitomorrow » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:04 am

Adeel1979 wrote:

Dear All,

Home office cannot give a propers answer because they don’t know what there doing exactly.

12 month to make enquire ? I believe you have done criminal offence @moon that’s why it’s take such a long time. Because couple of officers only trained to make enquire @moon.

Adeel1979
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Adeel1979 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:11 am

joeano353 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:59 am
Adeel1979 wrote:

Dear All,

You expect a government to be sympathetic to all applicants and forego enquiries and scurtiny? Do they do that in Pakistan? (your flag). Do you think that the British govt. should be lax in their procedures? UK at least responds with generic responses, most countries do not even spend time and resources acknowledging your questions. Unfortunately some names come up for additional investigation and get delayed. Be patient. As long as you are aware that your application is in the system you only need patience.
Do you work for the Home Office? How do you know about that ''Unfortunately some names come up for additional investigation and get delayed''?

joeano353
BANNED
Tuvalu

Post by joeano353 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:23 pm

would you learn to behave?? you are using a forum that is meant for exchange of information and the moderators use their experience and expertise to assist. We come here not to listen to some over smart people like you who think this forum is for bashing HO. I wont have it. In fact I'm surprised the moderators do not shut down posts from people like you. I don't work for HO but I don't like stupidity written here. I come for my own reasons and you spoil the whole experience.

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:55 pm

Adeel1979 wrote:
.... waiting for the postman everyday in the hope of getting a brown envelope...
😭😭😭

Adeel1979
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Adeel1979 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:44 am

joeano353 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:23 pm
would you learn to behave?? you are using a forum that is meant for exchange of information and the moderators use their experience and expertise to assist. We come here not to listen to some over smart people like you who think this forum is for bashing HO. I wont have it. In fact I'm surprised the moderators do not shut down posts from people like you. I don't work for HO but I don't like stupidity written here. I come for my own reasons and you spoil the whole experience.
I know some immigrants have limited vocabulary and I understand that. But avoid using words like bashing and stupidity and over smart--words which are misrepresentation of myself and my post. I think it is you who is misbehaving and please keep your anger to yourself.