ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can you use photo-me booth for first UK passport?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bob456
Newly Registered

Can you use photo-me booth for first UK passport?

Post by Bob456 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:25 am

Hi,

I am trying to get my first UK passport. Has anyone used a photo-me booth (booth you see at train stations) to apply for the first passport using their digital code? On the screen and their website it says you can use it to renew your passport, but makes no mention of applying for the first one. Anyone used this service to apply for the first passport?

Thanks,

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Can you use photo-me booth for first UK passport?

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:16 am

Have not used the latest Photo-Me booths but has been mentioned a few times here already - the application for first passport is straightforward, and essentially no different from your second or third. Except you may be called for an identity interview.
Certainly if you are offered the code then I would use it.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

hermanthegerman
Germany

Post by hermanthegerman » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:21 pm

You can also use a photo you take yourself with your mobile phone and upload it from your computer. Just have a look at the guide, it needs good light, and the usual no smile etc.
The website runs a check to make sure its fine to use.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:08 pm

Bob456 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:25 am
Hi,

I am trying to get my first UK passport. Has anyone used a photo-me booth (booth you see at train stations) to apply for the first passport using their digital code? On the screen and their website it says you can use it to renew your passport, but makes no mention of applying for the first one. Anyone used this service to apply for the first passport?

Thanks,
Yes you can. The photo ID is valid for all passport applications made online
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice