ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Access UK and Supporting Documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Re: Urgent Access UK and Supporting Documents

Post by Fizzy513 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:16 pm

Kimn wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:43 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:14 am
Kimn wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:25 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:12 pm

I applied using visa4uk and applied in Islamabad. No option for add ons but I guess that's where register for commercial partner comes in. It's just so werid I can't create an account and when I do login it can't find my gwf reference. It's all really confusing. What's the difference between access uk? Does it also offer settlement visa I only saw appendix fm partner or family visa and decided not to use it as it was confusing. Thanks
From what I’ve read on here Access UK is the new site but both websites are still in use. I selected Appendix FM.

Oh ok does it not recognise your reference number? I’ve booked for mirpur otherwise could have asked my husband to ask them, can still try?

Might be worth trying to read through old threads if you haven’t already
Hi thanks for replying. I've checked so many old threads google searches and still no answer. My partners appointment is next Thursday. Would your husband be able to ask if he can pay at centre if his appointment is any sooner and let me know please.

It just won't let me do anything. I log in and it won't find says no data found. It's a really hard website to navigate.
He’s got his biometric appointment tomorrow so i’ve asked him to try and find out, will let you know.

It’s annoying how little info there is, even solicitors I’ve seen were unsure about the new process.

Hi thanks for replying. That would be perfect. If he can let me know whether you are able to pay at the centre and keep passport. Also how they would take payment is it only cash or card they accept? really appreciate it thank you! Only reason it's really important is because my partner needs passport to travel back to Afghanistan as that's where she lives but unable to apply from there. Thanks a lot! Good luck with the whole applicatio hopefully everything is positive.

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:52 am

Kimn wrote:
Fizzy513 wrote:
Kimn wrote:
Fizzy513 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:12 pm

I applied using visa4uk and applied in Islamabad. No option for add ons but I guess that's where register for commercial partner comes in. It's just so werid I can't create an account and when I do login it can't find my gwf reference. It's all really confusing. What's the difference between access uk? Does it also offer settlement visa I only saw appendix fm partner or family visa and decided not to use it as it was confusing. Thanks
From what I’ve read on here Access UK is the new site but both websites are still in use. I selected Appendix FM.

Oh ok does it not recognise your reference number? I’ve booked for mirpur otherwise could have asked my husband to ask them, can still try?

Hi thanks for replying. I've checked so many old threads google searches and still no answer. My partners appointment is next Thursday. Would your husband be able to ask if he can pay at centre if his appointment is any sooner and let me know please.

It just won't let me do anything. I log in and it won't find says no data found. It's a really hard website to navigate.
He’s got his biometric appointment tomorrow so i’ve asked him to try and find out, will let you know.

It’s annoying how little info there is, even solicitors I’ve seen were unsure about the new process.

Hi hope it all went okay. Did your partner manage to ask at all? Thanks

Kimn

Post by Kimn » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:08 pm

Fizzy513 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:52 am
Kimn wrote:
Fizzy513 wrote:
Kimn wrote:

Hey he was told you can do the keep your passport service and they’ll scan the passport then request it from you if you’re granted the visa - but they’ll keep it for a week-10 days, however long it takes. So I’m guessing she’ll have to stop over when she’s asked to take it in. He was told it’s 7000-something rupees. I did ask specifically if you can pay on the day he said he’s not 100% sure but assumes you can they gave the price in rupees and he knows someone local who paid for a premium service on the day of his appointment because he needed to get some originals scanned and uploaded and paid cash.

But for peace of mind email the VFS customer service address. If you go to VFS global website and go to help.

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:42 pm

Kimn wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:08 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:
Kimn wrote:
Fizzy513 wrote:

Hey he was told you can do the keep your passport service and they’ll scan the passport then request it from you if you’re granted the visa - but they’ll keep it for a week-10 days, however long it takes. So I’m guessing she’ll have to stop over when she’s asked to take it in. He was told it’s 7000-something rupees. I did ask specifically if you can pay on the day he said he’s not 100% sure but assumes you can they gave the price in rupees and he knows someone local who paid for a premium service on the day of his appointment because he needed to get some originals scanned and uploaded and paid cash.

But for peace of mind email the VFS customer service address. If you go to VFS global website and go to help.
Hi thank you for replying. That's perfect. Did your partner get his application form stamped at the biometrics appointment at all?

Did he post the document to you or scan and email to you? Thanks

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:45 pm

Kimn wrote:
Fizzy513 wrote:
Kimn wrote:
Fizzy513 wrote:

Hi kimn,

Hope you are well.

For the biometrics appointment as I the sponsor will be sending documents from the uk. Will the applicant need to take any supporting documents to her biometrics appointment? Thanks

Nadalesque
Newly Registered

Post by Nadalesque » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:34 pm

Kimn wrote:
Fizzy513 wrote:
Kimn wrote:
Fizzy513 wrote:

Kimn
Can i just check with you since you applied on the gov website, as I have it said Appendix FM Partner on the type of visa when biometrics was booked did yours say the same..

Fizzy you can ring the actual office there where you are applying and ask them directly.

I have Mirpur once before I googled there number and they are helpful. When you email VFS they do take about 3-4 days to get back pretty slow/

Nadalesque
Newly Registered

Post by Nadalesque » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:37 pm

Fizzy513 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:45 pm
Kimn wrote:
Fizzy513 wrote:
Kimn wrote:

Hi kimn,

Hope you are well.

For the biometrics appointment as I the sponsor will be sending documents from the uk. Will the applicant need to take any supporting documents to her biometrics appointment? Thanks

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pk/en/vacs/ ... g-with-you

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:47 am

Nadalesque wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:37 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:45 pm
Kimn wrote:
Fizzy513 wrote:

Hi kimn,

Hope you are well.

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pk/en/vacs/ ... g-with-you
Hi

Thanks for replying.

I have sent email and they just reply asking me to call the normal number which charges 1.37 per min.

Have you got the vfs number for Islamabad?

Kimn

Post by Kimn » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:51 pm

Fizzy513 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:42 pm
Kimn wrote:
Fizzy513 wrote:
Kimn wrote:

Hi thank you for replying. That's perfect. Did your partner get his application form stamped at the biometrics appointment at all?

Did he post the document to you or scan and email to you? Thanks
Hi, no he took docs from our checklist but he was only asked for his passports. The VFS centre scanned my application form though. Are you planning to send your docs to Pak?

The email address for VFS is on here might be worth confirming some of your details to be 100% sure:

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/visa/help

Kimn

Post by Kimn » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:08 pm

Nadalesque wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:34 pm
Kimn wrote:
Fizzy513 wrote:
Kimn wrote:

Kimn
Can i just check with you since you applied on the gov website, as I have it said Appendix FM Partner on the type of visa when biometrics was booked did yours say the same..

Fizzy you can ring the actual office there where you are applying and ask them directly.

I have Mirpur once before I googled there number and they are helpful. When you email VFS they do take about 3-4 days to get back pretty slow/
Hi yeah we did Appendix FM

Kimn

Post by Kimn » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:12 pm

KristianDLloyd wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:39 pm
Kimn wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:05 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:05 pm
KristianDLloyd wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:40 pm
My partner submitted his application last night and I attended the VFS Centre in Shoreditch, London today to submit the supporting documents.

Walk in and advise you are there for the scanning service. You will be given a ticket and expected to wait (approx. 2hrs).

I would advise going first thing. The staff there are surprisingly helpful...

This would depend on the type of settlement visa you're applying for. We are applying for the Fiance (Proposed Civil Partner) visa and included barcodes for:
- Sponsor Evidence (attested passport, employment evidence, bank statements, accomodation etc)
- Consent Letters and Proof of Relationship (relationship docs)
- Educational Evidence (UK degree certs)
- Tuberculosis (TB) Evidence (TB cert)

I was advised that this was not required for AccessUK applications.

This is to be included in the Sponsor Evidence.

I was advised that it should be. You can have it attested at a Post Office for a fee of £10. I'd recommend having both your biometric page and visas attested. The rest, I was advised, can simply be photocopied.

It's a very confusing process. Let me know if you have any further questions - I'd only be happy to try and help!

Kristian
Hi is it mandatory to get passport attested? Also the application page from biometrics appointment was this signed and scanned or posted to you? Thanks
Hi I think I saw your comment on another post and you asked about appendix 2 but it’s locked. Did you manage to find out if it was required? Thanks
I paid initially for an Immigration Adviser (they came recommended) and she advised that if applying through AccessUK, Appendix 2 is not required.

WRT dividers - I separated this out myself having gone through several threads on online forums.

A word of warning - watch them like a hawk when they’re scanning. At one point, the scanner took 4 documents at the same time and the VFS assistant didn’t notice until I pointed it out. Was also insistent that they showed me what they had scanned for the section that jammed.
Hi sorry I don’t know how to PM on here. Following your partners biometric appointment had it updated on VFS? I’ve logged into my account and went on the appointment bit it says my husband hasn’t attended his appointment but he has. Also any update on VFS account that your docs have been uploaded? Also is there anything more we have to do on our VFS account or submit anything on it? Mine is showing exactly as it did when I registered - still the option to upload docs etc. Thanks

KristianDLloyd
Mood:
Wales

Post by KristianDLloyd » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:31 pm

Kimn wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:12 pm
KristianDLloyd wrote:
Kimn wrote:
Fizzy513 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:05 pm

Hi is it mandatory to get passport attested? Also the application page from biometrics appointment was this signed and scanned or posted to you? Thanks
Hi I think I saw your comment on another post and you asked about appendix 2 but it’s locked. Did you manage to find out if it was required? Thanks
I paid initially for an Immigration Adviser (they came recommended) and she advised that if applying through AccessUK, Appendix 2 is not required.

WRT dividers - I separated this out myself having gone through several threads on online forums.

A word of warning - watch them like a hawk when they’re scanning. At one point, the scanner took 4 documents at the same time and the VFS assistant didn’t notice until I pointed it out. Was also insistent that they showed me what they had scanned for the section that jammed.
Hi sorry I don’t know how to PM on here. Following your partners biometric appointment had it updated on VFS? I’ve logged into my account and went on the appointment bit it says my husband hasn’t attended his appointment but he has. Also any update on VFS account that your docs have been uploaded? Also is there anything more we have to do on our VFS account or submit anything on it? Mine is showing exactly as it did when I registered - still the option to upload docs etc. Thanks
Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response! I’m not sure if it did update, I don’t think it has. However, we have received an email saying that our application has been received!

Kimn

Post by Kimn » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:44 am

KristianDLloyd wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:31 pm
Kimn wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:12 pm
KristianDLloyd wrote:
Kimn wrote:

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response! I’m not sure if it did update, I don’t think it has. However, we have received an email saying that our application has been received!
Hi thanks for replying, that is good to know. We received the email also, a week after bios appointment. No confirmation that they’ve received docs etc which is a shame - hopefully all went through ok. Good luck hopefully we have good news ASAP!

Kimn

Post by Kimn » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:22 pm

KristianDLloyd wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:40 pm
My partner submitted his application last night and I attended the VFS Centre in Shoreditch, London today to submit the supporting documents.

Walk in and advise you are there for the scanning service. You will be given a ticket and expected to wait (approx. 2hrs).

I would advise going first thing. The staff there are surprisingly helpful...
Kimn wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:57 am
Hi all I submitted my application last night via Access UK and will finish uploading documents tonight otherwise VFS centre tomorrow. Biometrics are booked for Thursday and 28 day validity for certain docs expires on Friday. I just need some help please on a couple of points:

1. Separating Documents - How did everyone go about separating the docs into different sections when uploading online or using the barcode separators at VFS centre? For example it lists the sponsor letter in relationship and in sponsor evidence section. Similarly accommodation and financial evidence are also listed in sponsor evidence as well as having their own section. Would really appreciate any help with how people separated their documents into the different sections.
This would depend on the type of settlement visa you're applying for. We are applying for the Fiance (Proposed Civil Partner) visa and included barcodes for:
- Sponsor Evidence (attested passport, employment evidence, bank statements, accomodation etc)
- Consent Letters and Proof of Relationship (relationship docs)
- Educational Evidence (UK degree certs)
- Tuberculosis (TB) Evidence (TB cert)
Kimn wrote:

2. Appendix 2 - I have read different opinions on this - Do we still submit this for new applications?
I was advised that this was not required for AccessUK applications.
Kimn wrote:

3. My document checklist doesn’t have anything on there about providing employment details (I will be uploading anyway) - has anyone had this come up?
This is to be included in the Sponsor Evidence.
Kimn wrote:

4. I couldn’t see anything about this online but do we have to get the sponsor’s passport attested? I haven’t done this because I didn’t see it as a requirement but have now seen that a couple of people on here have done so.
I was advised that it should be. You can have it attested at a Post Office for a fee of £10. I'd recommend having both your biometric page and visas attested. The rest, I was advised, can simply be photocopied.
Kimn wrote:

Any help at all would be great thanks
It's a very confusing process. Let me know if you have any further questions - I'd only be happy to try and help!

Kristian
Hi hope you’re well. Your partner’s biometrics were a few days before mine - I was wondering whether you have heard anything yet, I’m noticing at the mo some of those who opted for the Priority service are getting their decision around the 5 week mark.

KristianDLloyd
Mood:
Wales

Post by KristianDLloyd » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:25 pm

Hi!

We haven’t heard anything yet, no. I haven’t had a call neither has my employer. No news is good news, right?

I’ve seen another member on here that paid for priority had their decision on Friday. They had their biometrics 5 working days before my partners! I’m hoping we hear something by the end of the week...

Kimn

Post by Kimn » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:53 pm

KristianDLloyd wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:25 pm
Hi!

We haven’t heard anything yet, no. I haven’t had a call neither has my employer. No news is good news, right?

I’ve seen another member on here that paid for priority had their decision on Friday. They had their biometrics 5 working days before my partners! I’m hoping we hear something by the end of the week...
I haven’t had a call yet either. Judging by someone else’s timeline they were asked for additional docs about 4 weeks and 2 days after bios so I think that’s when they start looking at it.

Did you ask for any status updates? I’m trying to refrain so as to not aggravate them when making the decision lol.

I think you should hear back by the end of the week - fingers crossed for some good news!

KristianDLloyd
Mood:
Wales

Post by KristianDLloyd » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:07 pm

Kimn wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:53 pm
KristianDLloyd wrote:
Hi!

I haven’t had a call yet either. Judging by someone else’s timeline they were asked for additional docs about 4 weeks and 2 days after bios so I think that’s when they start looking at it.

Did you ask for any status updates? I’m trying to refrain so as to not aggravate them when making the decision lol.

I think you should hear back by the end of the week - fingers crossed for some good news!
Ours moved to ‘being considered’ between 3-4 weeks so I think you’re about right.

Yes, I dropped them 2/3 emails just to see what’s happening... but I get a little impatient haha.

I’m hoping! My partner has finished working his notice in his job (Shanghai) and moves west, back home, this weekend! Crossing everything.

Hope you have a decision through soon too! I’ll post an update on the timeline thread!

Kimn

Post by Kimn » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:16 pm

KristianDLloyd wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:07 pm
Kimn wrote:
KristianDLloyd wrote:
Hi!

Ours moved to ‘being considered’ between 3-4 weeks so I think you’re about right.

Yes, I dropped them 2/3 emails just to see what’s happening... but I get a little impatient haha.

I’m hoping! My partner has finished working his notice in his job (Shanghai) and moves west, back home, this weekend! Crossing everything.

Hope you have a decision through soon too! I’ll post an update on the timeline thread!
Did you always get the same response when you emailed for an update? When did you last contact them.

Yes, please do keep us updated 😊

KristianDLloyd
Mood:
Wales

Post by KristianDLloyd » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:58 pm

Kimn wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:16 pm
KristianDLloyd wrote:
Kimn wrote:
KristianDLloyd wrote:
Hi!

Did you always get the same response when you emailed for an update? When did you last contact them.

So, I sent an enquiry through at 15:00 and had a response by 17:00... we have a decision, 27 working days after submission.

Just have to wait for the passport to be couriered back to my partner!

Did you submit an enquiry?

Kimn

Post by Kimn » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:09 pm

KristianDLloyd wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:58 pm
Kimn wrote:
KristianDLloyd wrote:
Kimn wrote:

So, I sent an enquiry through at 15:00 and had a response by 17:00... we have a decision, 27 working days after submission.

Hi, that’s good to hear. No I haven’t submitted an enquiry yet. Tomorrow will be 5 weeks since bios. What date was the decision made on your application?

KristianDLloyd
Mood:
Wales

Post by KristianDLloyd » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:42 pm

Kimn wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:09 pm
KristianDLloyd wrote:
Kimn wrote:
KristianDLloyd wrote:

Hi, that’s good to hear. No I haven’t submitted an enquiry yet. Tomorrow will be 5 weeks since bios. What date was the decision made on your application?
I'm not sure but between 24/7 and 31/7. Interestingly, the Embassy in Beijing contacted my partner today to confirm his travel dates. On the application he put his intended date of travel as 1/8/19. They asked if he had booked this date or if he could amend it. They gave no further information...

However, this could still mean it's gone either way!

Kimn

Post by Kimn » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:09 pm

KristianDLloyd wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:42 pm
Kimn wrote:
KristianDLloyd wrote:
Kimn wrote:

I'm not sure but between 24/7 and 31/7. Interestingly, the Embassy in Beijing contacted my partner today to confirm his travel dates. On the application he put his intended date of travel as 1/8/19. They asked if he had booked this date or if he could amend it. They gave no further information...

Hopefully that is a good sign that they’ve asked him to amend the travel date. Did they say how long it would take to deliver?

I did enquire about the status of our application - it is still awaiting decision 😣 getting worried I would have thought they would have made a decision going by other timelines

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:35 pm

Kimn wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:09 pm
KristianDLloyd wrote:
Kimn wrote:
KristianDLloyd wrote:

Hopefully that is a good sign that they’ve asked him to amend the travel date. Did they say how long it would take to deliver?

I did enquire about the status of our application - it is still awaiting decision 😣 getting worried I would have thought they would have made a decision going by other timelines

Hi good luck to you both. Hopefully you both have good news tomorrow. Just a quick question regarding the emails. How many do they send. I have only received the one saying they have received application and it's currently being prepared for consideration by entry clearance officer. Thanks for the help!

Kimn

Post by Kimn » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:47 pm

Fizzy513 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:35 pm
Kimn wrote:
KristianDLloyd wrote:
Kimn wrote:

Hi good luck to you both. Hopefully you both have good news tomorrow. Just a quick question regarding the emails. How many do they send. I have only received the one saying they have received application and it's currently being prepared for consideration by entry clearance officer. Thanks for the help!
Thank you Fizzy good luck to you too. I have only received the ECO email too, but you can enquire about the status of application over the phone or by email for a cost. Otherwise once the decision is made you will only hear from VFS to say the passport is ready to collect - not sure how it works if it’s being couriered.

How did your wife get on with keeping her passport?

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:48 am

Kimn wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:47 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:35 pm
Kimn wrote:
KristianDLloyd wrote:

Thank you Fizzy good luck to you too. I have only received the ECO email too, but you can enquire about the status of application over the phone or by email for a cost. Otherwise once the decision is made you will only hear from VFS to say the passport is ready to collect - not sure how it works if it’s being couriered.

How did your wife get on with keeping her passport?

Hi thanks for replying. That's perfect but mine is standard as she had to keep passport so they still have time. Does the days start from submission or biometrics? I had asked her to photocopy the passport beforehand and they just charged a fee at vfs centre and handed passport back. Thanks for all the help. Keep us updated with when you receive the good news.