ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I be eligible for a tier 4 extension based on my circumstances?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jlai928
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Can I be eligible for a tier 4 extension based on my circumstances?

Post by jlai928 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:37 pm

My situation is that I am a student at a UK university and I was previously on the MBBS medicine & Surgery course (UCAS A100, 5 years). I have retaken the 4th year of my study which brings me now to having been in the UK for 5 years or 59 months in total as of today (30/07/2019).

I have now ceased my studies due to unsuccessful completion of the 5 year course and have been awarded a BSC in medical studies.

However, I wish to undertake a Masters degree at my university now and would like to find out whether I am eligible as per the rules regarding the time cap on a tier 4 visa. If I am to complete a masters, the time in the UK would bring me to 72 months total time elapsed.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Can I be eligible for a tier 4 extension based on my circumstances?

Post by sah10406 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:46 am

Your new Tier 4 sponsor will need to do that calculation in order to ascertain whether they can issue a CAS, so I advise you ask them directly about this.

If you want to do it yourself, you need to add together the Tier 4 leave you have already had, plus the Tier 4 leave you would get for the new course. The total must be less than 5 years. If it is more than 5 years, buy you have not completed 5 academic years, the cap can be extended to 5 years 11 months.

For one-to-one advice, speak to your new Tier 4 sponsor.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.