ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:21 pm

KatLaw wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:24 pm

At the same time...my employer ran an ECS (Employer Checking Service) last week and received a positive verification notice. Is that good news? Or is it just positive because my visa is still in process. They told me there's no worry around my legal right to work, but I'm worried about needing to cancel travel. I have no idea what's going on or why this is taking so long
Neither its positive nor negative sign because you submitted your application before expiry and is covered under section 3C.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

KatLaw
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by KatLaw » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:18 am

Wanted to give an update on my timeline now that my issues are resolved and visa has been approved.

July 3: submitted application online for family visa extension
July 10: appointment at Croydon using super priority service
July 11: phone call for update, was told to call back in 5 working days
July 18: called for update, they took my details and said they'd email in 3-5 business days
July 24: called for update. they took my email down wrong originally. said they'd get back to me in another 3-5 days.
July 25: received email saying my visa has been approved (with no info as to why the decision was delayed) and the SVP fee will be refunded within 14 days

So overall took 15 days from my appointment to hear any information. I realize it could've been a worse outcome, but it's still ridiculous that you're unable to get any information despite paying for a priority decision. When I went through this process Dec 2016 I was able to get a same day decision at Croydon for the same fee. The whole process feels so inefficient now, and there's nothing you can do to speed it up. At least it's sorted now, but very stressful. I had 3 international trips coming up in August I thought I'd have to cancel!

MHhome
Newly Registered
Congo

Post by MHhome » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:17 pm

My super priority service
SET LR

Appointment on 24/07/19 at 8AM
Email on 25/07/19 at 11.28AM
I’m pleased to confirm that your application for leave has now been granted. You will receive your decision letter and biometric residence permit (BRP) in due course and these will confirm your immigration status. Thank you for using our super priority service.

Kind Regards

My right to work changed to There is no limit on how long you can stay.

Waiting for letter n brp

Is that mean I have been ILR ?
Pls reply

DreamerInDarkness
Taiwan

Post by DreamerInDarkness » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:27 pm

MHhome wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:17 pm
My super priority service
SET LR

Appointment on 24/07/19 at 8AM
Email on 25/07/19 at 11.28AM
I’m pleased to confirm that your application for leave has now been granted. You will receive your decision letter and biometric residence permit (BRP) in due course and these will confirm your immigration status. Thank you for using our super priority service.

Kind Regards

My right to work changed to There is no limit on how long you can stay.

Waiting for letter n brp

Is that mean I have been ILR ?
Pls reply
Yes. Congratulations.

londonhusband
Newly Registered

Post by londonhusband » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:16 pm

Hi all

My husband is coming to the end of his first 2.5 year spouse visa, so we need to extend. The current 2.5 years ends in mid October 2019.

My question is about timing and potential consequences of delay.

Our plan is as follows:

- submit application and try to arrange for an appointment 28 days before the expiry date of his visa (the Gov website says only 28 days from an existing visa can be added to the next one - that's where we got the 28 day idea from)
- use the super premium service and hope it lives up to its name, so the new visa would be granted within 28 days and before his existing visa expires

My questions are:

1. are we right to wait until 28 days before expiry - does this really matter? could/should we even apply earlier?
2. if we do have issues and the HO does not reach a decision before his first visa exipires, what actually happens whilst they continue to process his visa? Would he have to leave the country on the expiry date, or could he stay pending the decision?

Thanks very much!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:35 pm

londonhusband wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:16 pm
Hi all

My husband is coming to the end of his first 2.5 year spouse visa, so we need to extend. The current 2.5 years ends in mid October 2019.

Our plan is as follows:

- submit application and try to arrange for an appointment 28 days before the expiry date of his visa (the Gov website says only 28 days from an existing visa can be added to the next one - that's where we got the 28 day idea from)
- use the super premium service and hope it lives up to its name, so the new visa would be granted within 28 days and before his existing visa expires

My questions are:

1. are we right to wait until 28 days before expiry - does this really matter? could/should we even apply earlier?
2. if we do have issues and the HO does not reach a decision before his first visa exipires, what actually happens whilst they continue to process his visa? Would he have to leave the country on the expiry date, or could he stay pending the decision?

Thanks very much!
1. You need to apply before expiry and whenever you ready you can apply anytime before expiry. Date of application is the time when you pay & submit the application. Even if you will get biometrics date after expiry still you won't be an overstayer.

2. If you will submit your application before expiry then will be protected by section 3C which will prevent you from becoming overstayer until decision. You can also keep continue to work but not travel outside the UK.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

londonhusband
Newly Registered

Post by londonhusband » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:08 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:35 pm
londonhusband wrote:
Hi all

Our plan is as follows:

My questions are:

Thanks very much!
1. You need to apply before expiry and whenever you ready you can apply anytime before expiry. Date of application is the time when you pay & submit the application. Even if you will get biometrics date after expiry still you won't be an overstayer.

2. If you will submit your application before expiry then will be protected by section 3C which will prevent you from becoming overstayer until decision. You can also keep continue to work but not travel outside the UK.
Thanks so much!

aby00156
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by aby00156 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:43 pm

Just to add my timeline here:

ILR - Tier 2 + Tier 1 Ent Super Priority
Application Date: 01/07/2017 (online)
Appointment Date : 29/07/2019 (Cardiff)
Email Confirmation Received : 30/07/2019
Email received as follows : "I’m pleased to confirm that your application for leave has now been granted. You will receive your decision letter in due course which will explain your leave in more detail. "

I should receive my BRP in coming days.

All the best for everyone else.
So verily, with every difficulty, there is relief.

mrswow
Mood:

Post by mrswow » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:02 pm

joining this thread to read of similar experiences and timelines.

My husband currently applied for his second period of leave to remain - FLR (M)
He is on the 5 year route.

We sent the application form in on the 25th july using the super priority service to the cost of £800 so we could get a quicker decision. I am currently pregnant and the stress kills me.

We attended the biometrics appointment the next day which was Friday the 26th and the lady sent off the form. She said as we paid for super priority we might hear on Friday (same day) OR monday as the weekend is non working days.

Its now almost end of day on wednesday and we still have not heard via email or letter.

We checked the right to work website ( thanks again seagul) and it still has not been changed.

Unsure how long to leave it before calling. I dont want to rock the preverbial boat so to speak.

Feeling very anxious and stressed right now.

samrn1
Newly Registered

Post by samrn1 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:20 pm

samrn1 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:18 am
samrn1 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:20 pm
upload all documents on Friday 12 July and paid for Super Priority Service FLR(M)
had appointment in Peterborough on Monday AM for BRP - Paid extra £60 for appointment.
asked them if any issue with documents.
They said all good only need re-scan my wife passport and BRP
They said decision in within 24 hours.
They didn't contact my work or asked for any more documents
Now is 19 Friday and no respond from HO
Called UKVCAS on 18, They said wait 5 working days.
They are kind of missleading about Super Priority Service, I can't find anything in internet about 5 working days for Super Priority Service in UKVCAS website.

very stressful time.

I called UKVI yesterday and recieved this email from UKVI today

Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.
We aim to complete super priority visa applications by the end of next working day. However, where we are not able to do this we will complete the application as quickly as possible and issue a refund where UK Visas and Immigration or our commercial partner is responsible for the failure to meet the next day service standard.

anyone has this kind of generic reply? should I expect to speed up the process now or get refund soon?

Thanks
I still waiting. Called homeoffice today, they saied nothing they/I can do, only wait.

This become a joke. charge people for £800 extra for extra work and ...... :oops: :x

mrswow
Mood:

Post by mrswow » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:34 am

mrswow wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:02 pm
joining this thread to read of similar experiences and timelines.

My husband currently applied for his second period of leave to remain - FLR (M)
He is on the 5 year route.

We sent the application form in on the 25th july using the super priority service to the cost of £800 so we could get a quicker decision. I am currently pregnant and the stress kills me.

We attended the biometrics appointment the next day which was Friday the 26th and the lady sent off the form. She said as we paid for super priority we might hear on Friday (same day) OR monday as the weekend is non working days.

Its now almost end of day on wednesday and we still have not heard via email or letter.

We checked the right to work website ( thanks again seagul) and it still has not been changed.

Unsure how long to leave it before calling. I dont want to rock the preverbial boat so to speak.

Feeling very anxious and stressed right now.
I bit the bullet and gave the home office helpline a call. They said that the decision is made in one day but that the decsion can take up to 5 days to reach you. I then asked if they could tell me to expect either an email or posted letter and they told me that typically each officer is different. You either get one or the other or both. They couldnt tell me if it would be an email or letter. I then asked if they could confirm they have recieved the form and doccuments and was told that they don't have access to the system?

They told me the soonest they can escelate and issue is after you havent heard by the end of day 5 and if i dont hear by friday end of day then to call and they will escelate the issue.

julia2108
Newly Registered

Post by julia2108 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:19 pm

samrn1 wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:20 pm
samrn1 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:18 am
samrn1 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:20 pm
upload all documents on Friday 12 July and paid for Super Priority Service FLR(M)
had appointment in Peterborough on Monday AM for BRP - Paid extra £60 for appointment.
asked them if any issue with documents.
They said all good only need re-scan my wife passport and BRP
They said decision in within 24 hours.
They didn't contact my work or asked for any more documents
Now is 19 Friday and no respond from HO
Called UKVCAS on 18, They said wait 5 working days.
They are kind of missleading about Super Priority Service, I can't find anything in internet about 5 working days for Super Priority Service in UKVCAS website.

very stressful time.

I called UKVI yesterday and recieved this email from UKVI today

We aim to complete super priority visa applications by the end of next working day. However, where we are not able to do this we will complete the application as quickly as possible and issue a refund where UK Visas and Immigration or our commercial partner is responsible for the failure to meet the next day service standard.

anyone has this kind of generic reply? should I expect to speed up the process now or get refund soon?

Thanks
I still waiting. Called homeoffice today, they saied nothing they/I can do, only wait.

This become a joke. charge people for £800 extra for extra work and ...... :oops: :x
I have been having the same problem. It has been over 2 weeks since my biometric appointment, and no indication as to why this is taking so long :( Does anyone know if it means that my application is more likely to be rejected if they are taking longer?

mrswow
Mood:

Post by mrswow » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:30 pm

[/quote]

I have been having the same problem. It has been over 2 weeks since my biometric appointment, and no indication as to why this is taking so long :( Does anyone know if it means that my application is more likely to be rejected if they are taking longer?
[/quote]

this is whats worrying me :/ our circumstances havent changed at all though from the first extension we got only change has been we now have a child together. Im a british citizen and our daughter together is too... dunno if that would make a difference to the outcome or not...

mrswow
Mood:

Post by mrswow » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:16 pm

Called again today as suggested to escelate the issue.

This time i was told by an agent that monday was the earliest i could escelate the issue. She told me that the decision is made next working day but it takes and can take up to 5 days for the decison to be recieved. I asked if email or post and she said normally decsions are sent out by post. She said if the visa was decided on monday that i should hear by monday and if not call back.

Not entirely sure this was the case i called back to make sure and was then told by another agent that it wouldnt be able to be escelated until Tuesday!

Im so confused now. I really dont have any hope anymore. I figure if they make the decision next day and it was favourable to us that my husbands right to work page using his brp number would have been updated. Im not sure if thats how it works or not but i can only assume it is.

At this point i feel so down and depressed just waiting for bad news to come in the post.

Mishmish6969
Newly Registered

Post by Mishmish6969 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:46 pm

I’m in the same boat.

Switching from tier 4 to spouse visa, submitted biometrics on Saturday 27th July at Birmingham. No news since then and we paid for super priority!

Going to give them a call tomorrow and hope for the best. Will update.

mrswow
Mood:

Post by mrswow » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:15 am

I called in this morning and finally had the case escelated.

They took my husbands details and then said it can take up to 5 days for the escelation team to get back to you! he then said "it's usually quicker than that but it can take up to 5 days"

He apologised and did say they were very snowed under at the moment.

will updated if i hear back from either team.

Mishmish6969
Newly Registered

Post by Mishmish6969 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:18 pm

@mrswow

I called for an escalation today as well at around 9 am. I called a call back at 14:00 saying my application is with a caseworker and in progress.

However, I mentioned I did not get any mail or post regarding why they passed the 24 hr mark. She then said they should have sent a mail and that it will be forwarded to the case worker.

Now I'm worried I will get the infamous "exceptionally complex" mail and the whole thing will be completely delayed.

Did you receive any correspondence since your biometrics??

mrswow
Mood:

Post by mrswow » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:52 pm

Mishmish6969 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:18 pm
@mrswow

I called for an escalation today as well at around 9 am. I called a call back at 14:00 saying my application is with a caseworker and in progress.

However, I mentioned I did not get any mail or post regarding why they passed the 24 hr mark. She then said they should have sent a mail and that it will be forwarded to the case worker.

Now I'm worried I will get the infamous "exceptionally complex" mail and the whole thing will be completely delayed.

Did you receive any correspondence since your biometrics??
We have recieved absolutely nothing. We had biometrics on the 25th. Paid for super priority service was told 24 hours.

We waited... waited more and then more. Even today when i called for an escalation we are now still waiting. Ive been told it can take up to 5 days to get a reply from an escalation. I feel so stressed and upset. I was told that they very rarely use email and its normally all postal. Seemingly we have to either wait for a call or an email back from escalation team or whoever calls you back but so far nothing yet.

No communication at all. Im completely deading it .Im 4 months pregnant and the stress is actually breaking me.

KatLaw
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by KatLaw » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:38 pm

londonhusband wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:08 pm
seagul wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:35 pm
londonhusband wrote:
Hi all

Our plan is as follows:

My questions are:

Thanks very much!

Thanks so much!
My friend just applied for ILR and was denied due to applying earlier than 28 days before when she went for the extension you're going for. She effectively applied for ILR after about 58 months vs 60 months. They put her on the 10 year route, she appealed, she was denied, so I would 100% stick to 28 days before and no earlier.

mrswow
Mood:

Post by mrswow » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:41 pm

Just recieved this email as an "update"

has anyone else had similar? what does it mean? have they started processing it or not?

We aim to complete all applications within the 24-hour service standard. However, where we are not able to do this we will complete the application as quickly as possible and where delays in making the decision are not the fault of the customer, the super priority service fee will be refunded.

UKVI is keen to continually review and improve its service to our customers. To help us to do so we would be grateful if you could complete a short online survey.

Mishmish6969
Newly Registered

Post by Mishmish6969 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:48 pm

@mrswow you should try not to worry too much as there is nothing we can do...literally out of our hands!

I am waiting on this BRP for the job offer of my life and if anything goes wrong then it is down the drain. It is also the only way I can stay back with the love of my life-my husband! A lot is on the line.

Just gotta stay positive.

mrswow
Mood:

Post by mrswow » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:50 pm

Mishmish6969 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:48 pm
@mrswow you should try not to worry too much as there is nothing we can do...literally out of our hands!

I am waiting on this BRP for the job offer of my life and if anything goes wrong then it is down the drain. It is also the only way I can stay back with the love of my life-my husband! A lot is on the line.

do you know what the email i recieved means? To me it reads that they didn't look at it yet but i am no expert.

Its so hard. I absolutely know what you are going through right now.

Mishmish6969
Newly Registered

Post by Mishmish6969 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:45 pm

@mrswow
From everything I have read on these posts, it looks like it could be one of the many generic emails that the call centre sends out after escalation. Hopefully we hear back more soon!

samrn1
Newly Registered

Post by samrn1 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:29 am

mrswow wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:50 pm
Mishmish6969 wrote:

do you know what the email i recieved means? To me it reads that they didn't look at it yet but i am no expert.

As you can see I posted before I got same template's email.

I think we applied in school holiday time and many of staff are away and they have no enough staff to work on cases

mrswow
Mood:

Post by mrswow » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:56 am

samrn1 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:29 am
mrswow wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:50 pm
Mishmish6969 wrote:

As you can see I posted before I got same template's email.

I think we applied in school holiday time and many of staff are away and they have no enough staff to work on cases
OH! Thanks for replying Samrn1

I never thought about the holidays being in play. I have been so worried. I wonder if this means they didnt look at our application yet.