ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous earning evidence query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tester

Previous earning evidence query

Post by tester » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:25 am

hi All,
I am planning to apply for Tier1 (general category) and wanted to know @ the evidence required to claim points in Previous Earnings section. I have gone through the guidance notes and could not get it answered there.
I plan to claim points for period from July 07 - June 08.
Evidence i have
1. All payslips for the period
2. P60 from July 07-Mar 08
3. Bank statements from April 08 - June 08

As per HO we need 2 proof to claim points in previous earnings section. Here is the question. In my case proof 1 is all salary slips and proof 2 is part IT returns (P60) and part bank statements, can this be done, the guidance notes does not say anything of this case i mentioned above.

For some reason i am unable to provide bank statements from July 07 - March 08.

Any thoughts/suggestions highly appreciated.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:32 am

tester wrote:Here is the question. In my case proof 1 is all salary slips and proof 2 is part IT returns (P60) and part bank statements, can this be done
Unfortunately, no.

And moreoever, you cannot use P60 as it does not cover the entire earning period for which you are claiming points for. Read the guidance notes carefully regarding use of tax documents.

It is important to understand that one has to provide 2 independent documentary evidences *covering the entire period* of earnings that you are using, and not 2 different sets of evidences for different periods within the 12 month period - unless you are claiming points for different employments during the 12 month period.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

MyHSMPApplication

Post by MyHSMPApplication » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:56 am

HI Tester
Rightly pointed out by Sushdmehta. You cannot produce your P60 as proof of evidence unless you are claiming points only for the month period July 07-Mar 08.

Also note, which most ppl ignore, the source of the evidence should not be the same for e.g. Pay slip and letter from employer have the same source, i.e. ur employer.

Under these circumstance, it is imperritive for you to produce the bank statement for your claim period.

If in doubt ask!
Cheers
PG

tester

Post by tester » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:56 am

hi PG,

Thanks for sharing your view on the question. Let me elaborate a little furhter, the idea behind not to send the bank stmts from Jul 07 to Mar 08 is because i had taken a 1 month unpaid leave in Mar 08 and hence there is no salary credit entry in my bank account for that month. To sum up... i have only worked for 11 months of the last 12 months (Jul-Jun 08) with a gap in March, so here is the Q, Is it alright to send 11 payslips of the last 12 months and still be able to claim points (i do qualify with 11 mnts as well)

{Having gone through the guidance notes i read that a gap is only permitted in 2 cases i)Maternity leave ii) Adoption of some kind}

Thanks & Regards,
Raj
MyHSMPApplication wrote:HI Tester
Rightly pointed out by Sushdmehta. You cannot produce your P60 as proof of evidence unless you are claiming points only for the month period July 07-Mar 08.

Also note, which most ppl ignore, the source of the evidence should not be the same for e.g. Pay slip and letter from employer have the same source, i.e. ur employer.

Under these circumstance, it is imperritive for you to produce the bank statement for your claim period.

If in doubt ask!
Cheers
PG

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:15 am

Tier 1 policy guidance ver. 06/08 wrote:82. An applicant does not have to be in continuous or full-time employment during the 12 months being assessed.
83. An applicant may claim for a period of earnings of less than 12 months if they have earned sufficient funds to claim the necessary points.
In light of these 2 points above, if you have earned enough in 11 months to claim sufficient points then I believe you don't need to justify why you were not paid in one month or hide anything. If still worried, mention this fact in your cover letter that you were employed but on a non-paid leave for the said month, and that you are claiming points based on 11 months' earnings.

Going through the guidance is fine, but reading it *carefully* and understanding the rules is what will help you.

regards

tester

Post by tester » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:59 pm

hi sushdmehta, having checked your profile on this forum looks like you are quite a senior member here, have you seen such case before? (searched the forum but no luck)

Thanks again for your valueable comments.

Regards,
Raj
sushdmehta wrote: ...if you have earned enough in 11 months to claim sufficient points then I believe you don't need to justify why you were not paid in one month or hide anything. If still worried, mention this fact in your cover letter that you were employed but on a non-paid leave for the said month, and that you are claiming points based on 11 months' earnings.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:10 pm

Seniority as you seem to define it is either related to number of posts one makes or how long one has been a member. If I make 500 posts in one day, I will be a senior member in 2 days and if I remain a member for 3 years without making a single post, even then you'll term me as a senior. :lol: :lol: . Just kidding.

Don't recall a similar case posted here as such, but as I said earlier what is important is to understand the rules. And my limited understanding suggests (to me) that this issue is not really an issue at all.

Will let others correct me if I am wrong.

regards

tester

Post by tester » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:32 pm

i had already checked "1.16 posts per day" 8)

tester

Post by tester » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:32 am

I might want to start a new thread to get other opinion on my situation. This for your help Sush.
sushdmehta wrote:Seniority as you seem to define it is either related to number of posts one makes or how long one has been a member. If I make 500 posts in one day, I will be a senior member in 2 days and if I remain a member for 3 years without making a single post, even then you'll term me as a senior. :lol: :lol: . Just kidding.

Don't recall a similar case posted here as such, but as I said earlier what is important is to understand the rules. And my limited understanding suggests (to me) that this issue is not really an issue at all.

Will let others correct me if I am wrong.

regards

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:10 am

As the HO guidance clearly states that you dont need to supply and wait for the full 12months period to go by to claim the points for the previous earnings, you can apply whenever you have succesfully earned enough money to claim the points. you dnt have to worry about the holiday period in between.

Hope this helps