ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence rules Tier 1 Entrepreneur guidance

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aaina

Absence rules Tier 1 Entrepreneur guidance

Post by Aaina » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:34 am

Hi Guys,

I am starting this topic here as ILR for tier 1 enterpreneur has specific rules pertaining to it. I had put a post in ILR subforum a few days ago which got submerged in other queries.

Okay so my query is regarding the new rolling basis that has come into play for tier 1 entrepreneur.

This is the situation for my dad and as he spends 6 months here and 6 months in India as he has a business there as well, we are a bit anxious about the changes.

Ques1) There seem to be no total absence mentioned in the rules over a 5 year period. I know its more than 180 days in a year that a person cant be absent from the UK but no total days. I remember when I had applied for ILR many many moons ago, there was a specification like that.

Ques2) Is this how the rules will work for absences, thanks

Tier 1 Enterpreneur Leave Granted From 26 /09/17, dad arrived the same day
ILR Application Date -26/09/22 (5 years from 2017 - assuming he gets the extension)
Second Leave: Rolling Basis 26/09/20 to 25/09/22 New Rules will apply
First Leave : Previous rules
(consecutive 12 month blocks) First Leave - 26/09/17 to 25/09/20 As this reg came in place on 11 Jan18, as per the guidance old rules will apply for the first leave which was granted before.

Thanks
Aaina

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Absence rules Tier 1 Entrepreneur guidance

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:09 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.