ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bankruptcy impact on the dependant partner

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lonerunner
Newly Registered

Bankruptcy impact on the dependant partner

Post by lonerunner » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:12 pm

Dear All,

I am need of your kind advice AGAIN, I had naturalised as a British citizen through tier 1 general route and my partner has recently secured her second PBS dependant extension. She is due her ILR April 2020.

What I wanted to find out is I had started a business couple of years ago, had sourced a loan from the bank along with spending money from the credit cards, the business unfortunately didn’t do very well and I had to wrap up with lots of outstanding debt. I am still paying it back but have a hefty amount still left but the monthly payments require me to work 7 days, impacting my health & family life.

I feel I cannot keep up anymore and now considering declaring bankruptcy, just wanted to find out what impact it would have on my dependant partner ILR application next year or her subsequent citizenship application after that, considering I had been bankrupt?

Would appreciate your kind advice on the matter.

Kind Regards
LR

zimba
Mood:

Re: Bankruptcy impact on the dependant partner

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:20 pm

No impact as you are the one who is in debt not her
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

lonerunner
Newly Registered

Post by lonerunner » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:19 pm

Hello Zimba,
Many thanks for your quick response, its much appreciated.

Nerazzuri

Post by Nerazzuri » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:03 pm

This advice is unrelated to the naturalisation, but bankruptcy may not be your only option. You may already have spoken to them recently, but if not, do talk to the Money and Pensions Service (previously Money Advice Service) before taking the nuclear option.

lonerunner
Newly Registered

Post by lonerunner » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:24 am

Hello Nerazzuri,

Many thanks for your advice, can i please ask what do they do, is it something like setting up payment plans etc? that i had already done for 18 months but still finding it really hard to keep up with now.

All you advice is really appreciated.

Kind Regards
LR