ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (LR) and FPN/PCN

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vparikh

ILR (LR) and FPN/PCN

Post by vparikh » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:48 pm

Hi,

Apologies for yet another repetitive question however, (and as I saw in a post elsewhere), the format of the criminal conviction question has changed in the new online ILR (LR) application form. I have read other posts and guidance nevertheless, would like to make sure (as you can imagine how stressful the application process can get).

It asks:

A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance

Situation:
Applying for ILR (LR) in August 2019. Concerned about the following:
1) TS10 FPN in 2013 and removed last year;
2) Two PCNs for parking in 2016 in different counties

Question:

1) Do I have to declare FPN/PCN or both on the ILR (LR) application? I did not declare it when I applied for Tier 2 (G) in 2015 as it was mentioned specifically not to include FPNs.
2) Do I have to declare FPN/PCN or both at the time of naturalisation next year? (Again, apologies for asking this again).

Best Regards,
VP

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR (LR) and FPN/PCN

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:18 pm

PCNs and FPNs have no effect on ILR and do NOT need to be declared :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:05 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:18 pm
PCNs and FPNs have no effect on ILR and do NOT need to be declared :!:
Hi Zimba,

Thanks for this.

What about when applying for British Citizenship?

Also, on the ILR, they have asked for my relationship status. I live with an unmarried partner however, we do not share bills, etc and hence, I cannot prove cohabitation. What is the best way to proceed? Do I have to declare her as unmarried partner? If so, what if I cannot provide evidence of cohabitation?

Best Regards,
VP

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:29 pm

They have no effect on citizenship either. Under SET(LR) your relationship status is irrelevant as you must qualify on your own. You do NOT need to provide any evidence of your relationship
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:09 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:29 pm
They have no effect on citizenship either. Under SET(LR) your relationship status is irrelevant as you must qualify on your own. You do NOT need to provide any evidence of your relationship
Thanks Zimba re citizenship and FPN/PCN declaration.

Re relationship status, thanks for clarifying however, when I choose my relationship status as 'unmarried partner', they are asking for my partner's details and then on the document page, they are asking:

1) Evidence you have to prove the relationship with xxxx (for example marriage certificates), and correspondence addressed either to you jointly, or in both of your names, or addressed individually to you at the same address, to cover the last two years

2) Document(s) showing xxxx's immigration status such as a passport, biometric residence card, or vignette

There is a caveat:
From the list of documents below, provide as many as you can. Tick each document to confirm that you have read the requirement, even if you cannot send it. If you are unsure about any of the evidence, read the guidance relevant to your application.

Question: Does that mean I just tick the box and it would be fine if I do not upload any evidence?

Apologies for this, but as you can imagine, I just want to make sure that they do not reject my application. Ultimately, I am in relationship but as you rightly said, my ILR does not depend on her (and hence, don't want her to bother with my ILR). I do not have any joint correspondences anyway.

Thanks for your time,
VP

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:51 pm

I answered the same query from other people many many time. SET(LR) has NO SUCH REQUIREMENT. The online system and the list it generates is not accurate. Your relationship status is completely irrelevant :!: :!:

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:19 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:51 pm
I answered the same query from other people many many time. SET(LR) has NO SUCH REQUIREMENT. The online system and the list it generates is not accurate. Your relationship status is completely irrelevant :!: :!:
OK. Thanks Zimba.

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:53 pm

Hi Zimba,

Apologies but I have a couple of queries.

1) I have a missing stamp on my passport from my travel to Spain in 2012. Is it ok to provide flight tickets to confirm the absence dates for that journey?

Also, I have seen that a lot of applicants in the past provide a cover letter? Is this necessary especially now that the application is online?

Thanks,
VP

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:42 pm

UKVI does not necessarily use the stamps to establish your absences. A cover letter is not required

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:37 am

Zimba wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:42 pm
UKVI does not necessarily use the stamps to establish your absences. A cover letter is not required
OK. So are you suggesting there is no need to provide flight tickets and I should be OK with the missing stamp?
OR, just provide the tickets and that should suffice?

Thanks,
VP

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:28 pm

There is no need to provide tickets

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:06 pm

Hello Zimba,

I am almost ready with my application. Please can I check the following:

Documents:
2 x Passports
Current Biometric card
LIUK certificate
Degree certificate for English requirements

Stating relationship status as 'Unmarried Partner' however, not providing any documents given your suggestion that it is not relevant.

Not declaring FPN

Am I missing anything?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:45 am

Good to go :)

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:35 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:45 am
Good to go :)
Thanks mate :)

Will post updates when I apply and get everything sorted. However, please don't mind if I come back with some more daft questions as I am bit of a worrier.

Fingers crossed.

Best Regards

Winner786
Newly Registered

Post by Winner786 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:50 am

Did you submit your application? I am asking as I will be applying in 3 weeks. Can you please keep posting here whenever you have an update. Thanks :)

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:27 pm

Not yet.

I still have couple of weeks to go before my 28 days window. Was preparing my application early due to annual leave.

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:40 pm

Hi Zimba,

A quick question regarding employment even though I know you'd say it's not relevant towards qualifying for 10 years ILR.

On the form, it asks where I work and how long have I worked for this organisation.

I have worked with my current organisation since 2011 but full time only since 2015 ( when I got my Tier 2). This means that my current role was since 2015 but I was part time before that (on student visa).

Would it be suspicious if I write my full time role but write I have been working there since 2011? I'm probably being paranoid but just don't want to confuse the CW by making it sound as if I'm working in my current position since 2011 (which I am not) and complicate things.

Thanks

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:48 am

Any suggestions Zimba, other moderators or members?

Best Regards.

delux_king
Newly Registered
India

Post by delux_king » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:41 am

vparikh wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:40 pm
Hi Zimba,

A quick question regarding employment even though I know you'd say it's not relevant towards qualifying for 10 years ILR.

On the form, it asks where I work and how long have I worked for this organisation.

I have worked with my current organisation since 2011 but full time only since 2015 ( when I got my Tier 2). This means that my current role was since 2015 but I was part time before that (on student visa).

Would it be suspicious if I write my full time role but write I have been working there since 2011? I'm probably being paranoid but just don't want to confuse the CW by making it sound as if I'm working in my current position since 2011 (which I am not) and complicate things.

Thanks
The form asks:
- Are you employed
- If so, employer details
- When did you start working for them

Therefore, I think you should write the date you commenced employment with that employer (even as part time).

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:29 pm

If you started work there since 2011 then that is the date. You can explain the details. This is important as the UKVI will cross check that with HMRC and visa records to see if you worked without permission at any time during the last 10 years

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:39 pm

Thanks Zimba,

Happy to put the date down and happy to explain as well but the latter is the problem. There is no space to explain things on the new online application form.

No problem if they have to check things regarding my employment history.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:42 pm

You can include a covering letter if you wish

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:49 pm

I can Zimba but that's the thing. How complicated I'm making it by doing all of this since my last post here and the suggestions about the minimal paperwork required for long residence applications.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:09 pm

A simple cover letter is not a problem. It won’t complicate anything rather will help CW to understand.
Bizman

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:42 pm

Thanks again mate,

It might be asking a lot but is there a template or something you could recommend?

Best Regards