ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Have ILR but will be re-entering UK with limited time on Passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

alexafairy
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Have ILR but will be re-entering UK with limited time on Passport

Post by alexafairy » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:11 pm

Hi There, my partner has ILR, but we are going to a family gathering in SA and when we return back to the UK she will have less than 2 months on the SA passport when we re-enter the UK. We don't have enough time to renew her SA passport before then either as it takes up to a year for SA! But ILR BMRP will have loads of time on it when we return.

Has anyone had this situation before and were there any problems with booking flights, getting through passport control and re-entering the country? Borderforce said it should be fine as long as the passport is valid for 'the duration of her stay' but as she lives here and has ILR this is very misleading? More concerned about getting on flights when we come back TBH.

Any other experiences and advice on this would be gratefully received! :)
Thanks,

Alex

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Have ILR but will be re-entering UK with limited time on Passport

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:43 pm

There is no requirement that the passport must be valid for x number of months for ILR holders.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.