ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Republic of Ireland vias

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Kitti786
Newly Registered

Republic of Ireland vias

Post by Kitti786 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:35 am

Hi I need help I need to ask about Ireland visa. Am a British citizen am married nearly 6 years ago and I’ve got 3 kids in Uk my question is my wife got spouse visa in Uk she in 10 year route. Also she did 5 year already so another 5 year left to get settlement for British passport. But I wanted to move in Republic of Ireland so if I apply my visa in Ireland can she get visa over there or can she apply there for visa for settlement. Also if she apply in Ireland for settlement thn r Uk visa gone get cancelled or it’s stay sane can she still travel back to Uk? Plz help thnx

DanaMarie
Ireland

Re: Republic of Ireland vias

Post by DanaMarie » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:29 am

If you become residents of Ireland she will lose her UK leave to remain. If you are a UK citizen you do not need a visa for yourself to live in Ireland.

Kitti786
Newly Registered

Post by Kitti786 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:03 pm

So is she can get visa in Ireland? If she apply over there?

Kitti786
Newly Registered

Post by Kitti786 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:05 pm

What the procedure for Ireland visa how she can apply over there?

Bippin
Malaysia

Post by Bippin » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:41 pm

SHe could leave uK for 2 years with very very reasonable reason but I am not sure she have to file any report or documents to Home office or not , need to search on Border agency website.
She could come under EU route as I am right now but Brexit is really close to date and very very likely we all may be crash out of EU with NO DEAL under current PM I am not sure what future process and status will be for her and every single spouse of British citizen here.

DanaMarie
Ireland

Post by DanaMarie » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:51 pm

Bippin wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:41 pm
SHe could leave uK for 2 years with very very reasonable reason but I am not sure she have to file any report or documents to Home office or not , need to search on Border agency website.
She could come under EU route as I am right now but Brexit is really close to date and very very likely we all may be crash out of EU with NO DEAL under current PM I am not sure what future process and status will be for her and every single spouse of British citizen here.
You cannot leave the UK to live somewhere else and retain your BRP in the UK on a spouse visa, the UK spouse visa is a nationally issued residence permit not an EU issued one. If they establish residency in another country she will need to begin her UK spouse visa process again. If they want to move to Ireland she will need to apply for permission to remain as the spouse of a UK citizen.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-ireland

Bippin
Malaysia

Post by Bippin » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:56 pm

Have she got ILR ,look at the topic " returning residence " on UKBA if it could apply to your wife .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:59 pm

Bippin wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:56 pm
Have she got ILR ,look at the topic " returning residence " on UKBA if it could apply to your wife .
She doesn't have ilr. She is on the 10 year FLR FP route (4 X 2.5 year visas)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.