ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Providing documents via Access

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

makelovenothate
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Providing documents via Access

Post by makelovenothate » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:41 am

I have almost completed my spouse's online application (she is in Pakistan and we were married a few months back). Having read the guidance and this very helpful forum I am satisfied that the requirements are met to obtain a visa.

However before I hit submit and pay the fees, I just wanted to make sure I had understood correctly how documents are provided to the HO under the new Access system. From my understanding:
- Application submitted and fees paid;
- Biometrics appointment made;
- Biometrics enrolment done in Pakistan (wife takes passport, copy of application, proof of fee payments);
- Send all documents to HO either by uploading to site and using dividers or use UKVI to do the same.

In particular, for the last step I assume all documents (applicant and sponsor) need to be collated in one place and uploaded in one go (i.e. either my wife submits in Pakistan based centre, I do in the UK via UKVI or we upload to the Access site online)? As originals are not required, I could also ask my wife to scan and send me all her documents to collate or I could do the same for her?

Thanks in advance for anyone that is able to shed some light.

Rstar54
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Providing documents via Access

Post by Rstar54 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:50 pm

3 Options
A) All supporting documents can be submitted (scanned) at local VFS office where your wife is submitting her biomatrices
B) You or your wife can upload all or any supporting documents on VFS website.
C) You can go to your nearest VFS UK Office (after or before biomatrices) and pay £75=00 and they will scan all the documents (all documents must be in A4 size). After scanning VFS will return all of the documents to you.

Photocopy is accepted. Originals are NOT required. However if you have originals in A4 size I suggest you submit originals.

I hope the above helps.

makelovenothate
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by makelovenothate » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:22 pm

Thanks for that Rstar. That seems to confirm my understanding.

makelovenothate
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by makelovenothate » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:59 am

A small follow up query for anyone willing to assist.

I assume the document checklist will need to be signed by my spouse and sent over to me (photocopy is fine) so I can include with supporting documents? Or does the checklist need to be submitted by the applicant and so will be submitted at the biometric appointment despite the fact that the supporting documents are submitted by me in UK?