ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

schengenvisum and getting eu passport

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lorette
Newly Registered
Netherlands

schengenvisum and getting eu passport

Post by Lorette » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:16 pm

Hi,

I did invite my husband for schengenvisum for 3 months. My husband came with self means and i only did provide schelter and wasn’t guarontor.

Now my husband didn’t leave the country as the 90 days expired. Because i got pregnant and we will apply after 8 months for chavez arrest.

But on 8 august i have an appointment for applying dutch nationality.

I was wondering if it can be rejected on the basis of that my husband did overstay here and didn’t go back? Any1? Please?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: schengenvisum and getting eu passport

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:47 pm

When you are applying for citizenship you have to be very cautious to not to put yourself in difficult situation with any law of the land.

However, it's very unlikely that an overstay of a relative on tourist visa would escalate to the point where it will hamper your efforts to get the citizenship. I don't think they will know about it in first place.