ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with LIUK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

naija99
Member of Standing

Help with LIUK

Post by naija99 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:43 am

Morning forum
My friends husband is due to apply for ILR after arriving in UK April 2014.His current leave expires 1st Sept 2019 but hes needs alot of practice FOR LIUK. Is it also possible for him to have an audio kind of test as he is not good with computers?

Also if he submits his application online on 30th August, is it possible to delay his biometric appointment to 30th Sept in order to give him more time to pass LIUK?

secret.simon

Re: Help with LIUK

Post by secret.simon » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:54 am

Your friend's husband should contact the local LITUK test centre. Some of them have facilities for people with disabilities, such as blindness. Therefore your friend's husband would be able to interact with the computer without necessarily using a screen.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:54 am

He needs to complete the LIUK test BEFORE he applies online as he has to complete the information on the form. Date of application is the date you submit and pay online and the supporting documents must be valid on this date. The date of appointment is irrelevant.

He can request audio for the test but it is still done on a computer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

naija99
Member of Standing

Post by naija99 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:04 am

Ok, thanks very much for the clarification CR001

naija99
Member of Standing

Post by naija99 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:51 pm

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
secret.simon wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:54 am
Your friend's husband should contact the local LITUK test centre. Some of them have facilities for people with disabilities, such as blindness. Therefore your friend's husband would be able to interact with the computer without necessarily using a screen.
thanks secret.simon