ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Priya04
Newly Registered
India

Tier 4 extension

Post by Priya04 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:20 pm

Hi ,
I am postgraduate masters student in the a university in uk and my tier 4 visa ends on January 5 2019 but since I failed my last module I have to resit them and my dissertation has not yet been started so I will definitely have to extend my visa . How do I proceed with it . Any help is very much appreciated since I’m literally in tears over this .
Thank you in advance

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 extension

Post by sah10406 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:44 pm

Priya04 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:20 pm
since I failed my last module I have to resit them and my dissertation has not yet been started so I will definitely have to extend my visa . How do I proceed with it . Any help is very much appreciated since I’m literally in tears over this .
Speak to your university. If you can re-sit the module in September, you would just do that, and then if necessary apply for an extension to your visa to complete the course. If you need to wait and re-sit the module later, say in January, you will probably need to interrupt your studies until then.

Your university is the one who can advise you on how it will work, not people here!
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Priya04
Newly Registered
India

FLR

Post by Priya04 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:27 pm

Hi everyone ,
I was supposed to graduate in September from my course but due to personal reasons I failed a module and had to retake it and as a result my thesis submitting is only by December 1, 2019 and my viva is set for January 23, 2020 even though my visa expires by jan 5,2020 . I would like to apply for an FLR based on the ground that I didn’t get my 4 month period after graduation to find a job . How do I go about this ?
Thank you very much for any help you can provide as it will really help me and I’m in a bad place because of this .
Thank you

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: FLR

Post by sah10406 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:26 pm

Priya04 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:27 pm
I would like to apply for an FLR based on the ground that I didn’t get my 4 month period after graduation to find a job . How do I go about this ?
Speak to your university. They will decide whether to issue a CAS for an extension of your Tier 4 leave.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Priya04
Newly Registered
India

Post by Priya04 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:14 pm

I already did and they are not going to just for a viva .

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:07 am

In that case you will need to leave the UK. You can apply for a Short-term student visa to come and do your viva. You cannot apply for this visa in the UK.

I am surprised that the international student adviser at the university has not already advised you about this, which appears to be your only option.

More information:

Priya04
Newly Registered
India

Post by Priya04 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:38 am

Yes . But I’m thinking about applying for a FLR since it’ll give me more time to search for a job in the meantime since I didn’t get the 4 months period after my masters to do that . Would that be alright ?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:47 am

You cannot apply for a Tier 4 extension without a your university's support, and you do not appear to have any basis for any other type of leave to remain application.