ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dual Nationality: Hong Kong Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

techie455
Newly Registered

Dual Nationality: Hong Kong Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme

Post by techie455 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:22 am

Hi! I am a Hong Kong/Australian citizen and have successfully been allocated a place under the Hong Kong Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme. I used my Hong Kong passport detail to enter the ballot. Now I am selected, I am required to fill in the online application for the visa. As a Hong Kong citizen, I will have to pay for the IHS fee. But as an Australian, I don’t.

I just wanted to know if I can make the application as an Australian citizen while under the Hong Kong scheme? To me, I think it is in conflict with the allocation procedure because I am using the Hong Kong quota to apply for the Tier 5. I just wanted to double check if I really need to pay for that IHS fee.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dual Nationality: Hong Kong Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:41 am

As a Hong Kong citizen, I will have to pay for the IHS fee. But as an Australian, I don’t.
Australians are NOT exempt from the IHS.

All applicants have to pay it, Not sure why you believe Australians don't pay the IHS, it was changed a couple of years ago already, Australians only had an exemption in the first year when IHS was implemented.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Dual Nationality: Hong Kong Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme

Post by sah10406 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:04 am

techie455 wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:22 am
But as an Australian, I don’t.
Where are you reading that? It's wrong. See the list of people who are exempt here. It does not include Australians:

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... -needs-pay > Who does not need to pay or get an IHS reference number
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.