ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Required to withdraw visa and re-apply again

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kamkz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Required to withdraw visa and re-apply again

Post by kamkz » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:52 pm

Hello,
I applied for a tier 4 general visa on nov 19th 2018 and had my second credibility interview on 3rd Dec 2018. Unfortunately, I received a visa refusal on 7th DEC, because the ECO thought I was not a genuine student. I then applied for an admin review on 9th Jan 2019 and received an email from the home office on 5th April 2019, in which the home office overturned my refusal. But, because the start date for the January 2019 intake had already passed and there were still 5 more months remaining until the start for the next intake, the home office was not in a position to issue me a visa. Therefore, they asked me to withdraw my visa application, and obtain a new CAS from my sponsor for the next intake as they could not keep their decision pending on this application. They also waived my visa application fee for the next application and asked me to apply for free.

I withdrew my visa application as required by the UK decision making centre. Since then I have obtained a new CAS, and have already applied for my visa. My time line is as follows:

Online application: June 26th, 2019
Biometric/Interview: July 3rd, 2019
Acknowledgement: July 4th, 2019

And now I’m waiting. I am just worried of a second refusal based on my previous history. Will my previous refusal have any impact on this application? And what are my chances of actually being granted a visa this time since the UK decision centre already accepted their mistake and were willing to issue me a visa at that time? Please someone help. Thanks.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Required to withdraw visa and re-apply again

Post by sah10406 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:11 am

kamkz wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:52 pm
Will my previous refusal have any impact on this application?
No.
kamkz wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:52 pm
And what are my chances of actually being granted a visa this time since the UK decision centre already accepted their mistake and were willing to issue me a visa at that time?
It just depends on the specific merits of the new application. If the only problem in the previous application was the credibility, and there are no different issues with the new application, it will presumably be fine and normal.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

kamkz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kamkz » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:23 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. Yes the only problem with my previous application was my credibility interview, which was solved. I am just waiting now. I still have not yet received a call for the second interview.

Zakia-BD-92
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Zakia-BD-92 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:59 am

Hi,

Same Case here.I have applied 8th July but didnt recieve acknowledgement email yet.Did you get any e-mail for the IHS payment?

kamkz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kamkz » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:08 pm

Zakia-BD-92 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:59 am
Hi,

Same Case here.I have applied 8th July but didnt recieve acknowledgement email yet.Did you get any e-mail for the IHS payment?
Hey,
No nothing yet. This is actually starting to worry me because I already had my second interview in which they only asked me 3 questions. I’m supposed to be receiving my decision any day now but the home office hasn’t asked me for my IHS payment. Does anyone have any advice as to what I should do. What is your timeline?

kamkz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kamkz » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:23 am

kamkz wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:08 pm
Zakia-BD-92 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:59 am
Hi,

Hey,
No need to worry the Home Office still has not emailed me yet regarding the IHS payment. But I received my visa today. Alhamdulillah. I hope that you gets yours very soon too. Thanks.

Zakia-BD-92
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Zakia-BD-92 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:44 pm

Congratulations !!!! I am very worried as I didnt recieve the acknowledgement e-mail from UKVI yet, nither any second interview call from them.Could you please let me know what are the questions they asked you in the second interview.And I can not thank you enough for keeping me updated.

kamkz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kamkz » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:27 pm

Zakia-BD-92 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:44 pm
Congratulations !!!! I am very worried as I didnt recieve the acknowledgement e-mail from UKVI yet, nither any second interview call from them.Could you please let me know what are the questions they asked you in the second interview.And I can not thank you enough for keeping me updated.
Thank you so much and no problem at all I’m happy to help. I think you should contact your university and ask them if your CAS number has been used and discuss this with them so that they can contact UKVI on your behalf.

In my second interview the ECO asked me:
1. Title of my course?
2. What specific aspects of this course attracted you to it?
3. What advantage (or advantages) does this university give you over others you have considered?

That was it. I know that this whole process is very stressful, especially with what happened before, but don’t worry. I pray that everything goes well for you and you get your visa. Do keep me updated and let me know if they email you for the IHS payment. Thanks.

Zakia-BD-92
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Zakia-BD-92 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:17 am

Thank you for your quick response.I'll definately keep you updated.

Zakia-BD-92
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Zakia-BD-92 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:54 pm

Hi dear friend, Got my visa today Alhamdulliah.But did not got any email from UKVI yet about the IHS Payment.

Rohailaslam
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Rohailaslam » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:54 pm

From where you guys applied from ? Kindlybshare complete timeline as well. Thanks and CONGRATULATIONS 🙌🙌

Zakia-BD-92
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Zakia-BD-92 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:33 am

Rohailaslam wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:54 pm
From where you guys applied from ? Kindlybshare complete timeline as well. Thanks and CONGRATULATIONS 🙌🙌

Hi,

Thank you.I have applied from Bangladesh.Timeline is Below :

Online Application : 4 July
Biometric + Interview : 7 July
I didnt recieve any acknowledgement email from UKVI.
SMS fron Vfs to collect my passport : 1 August

kamkz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kamkz » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:08 pm

Zakia-BD-92 wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:54 pm
Hi dear friend, Got my visa today Alhamdulliah.But did not got any email from UKVI yet about the IHS Payment.
Congratulations I’m sooooo happy for you. Which day can you travel from? And where are you studying? Even I still haven’t received any email for the IHS payment so I’m not sure what to do about that lol.

Zakia-BD-92
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Zakia-BD-92 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:09 pm

Many thanks. I am planning to travel next month, destination Nottingham Trent University for the course MSc Pharmacology.Which university and course you are going to attend and whats your travel plan? I am also surprised that we havent recieved any email for the IHS payment, is is possible that Home Office dismissed the amount like visa fees !! :lol: :lol: .Did you send an email to the Shaffield student team mailbox with your new GWF number ? I was instructed by UKVI to do so.

metuniuk
Newly Registered

Post by metuniuk » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:41 pm

Did you send an email to the Shaffield student team mailbox with your new GWF number?
Hi could you please share Sheffield Student Team mailbox details? Also when your refusal was overturned which email addresses were used to communicate between you and UKVI.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Zakia-BD-92
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Zakia-BD-92 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:05 pm

metuniuk wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:41 pm
Did you send an email to the Shaffield student team mailbox with your new GWF number?
Hi could you please share Sheffield Student Team mailbox details? Also when your refusal was overturned which email addresses were used to communicate between you and UKVI.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Hi,

SSTM adress : sheffieldstudentteam@homeoffice.gov.uk and VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk email adress was used for communication after refusal was overturned.