ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Address where to send documents for UK Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KhristyAnna
Newly Registered

Address where to send documents for UK Passport

Post by KhristyAnna » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:23 pm

Dear Adviser,

I applied for a British passport online. I am waiting for my referees to confirm my identity. Can you please suggest how much time, in general, that would take (after referees confirm my identity) to receive the address from Passport Office where I should send my certificate of naturalization and current EU passport? Is it an automatic process - once identity is confirmed I will receive an address where I can send my documents?

Can anyone else send my documents in case if I will be out of UK for travel in the next days?

Thanks!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Address where to send documents for UK Passport

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:48 pm

I looked up the copy of my online application (from 2016) and there was a page "What to do now" which at the bottom gave the address where to send your declaration, photos and documents. I don't know what this looks like today - the output from online should tell you the address, and there are a few offices around the UK. I would be reluctant to use an address from someone else's application.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

KhristyAnna
Newly Registered

Post by KhristyAnna » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:04 pm

Actually now with an online application is says that they will provide the address where to send documents only after both referees confirm my identity.

So I wonder in case if I travel on that time when both referees approve my identity can anyone else post my letter with all documents (with my name and my address and my documents in it)?

Cheers!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:50 pm

Sure someone else (a person you trust) can post it - their name won't appear anywhere.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

joeano353
BANNED
Tuvalu

Post by joeano353 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:17 am

As far as I know, only one referee is required for a passport application, two for naturalization. Have they changed the requirements?

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:09 pm

KhristyAnna wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:23 pm
Dear Adviser,

I applied for a British passport online. I am waiting for my referees to confirm my identity. Can you please suggest how much time, in general, that would take (after referees confirm my identity) to receive the address from Passport Office where I should send my certificate of naturalization and current EU passport? Is it an automatic process - once identity is confirmed I will receive an address where I can send my documents? 2 mins

Can anyone else send my documents in case if I will be out of UK for travel in the next days? Yes, why not

Thanks!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:59 pm

You should ONLY send your documents when your identity has been verified by your referee. The system will tell you where you should send the docs. This happens within a few minutes of your referee finishing the verification process. You MUST wait for this step to finish and THEN send your documents :!: :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice