ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa was decided but hasn’t been sent?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Pipkat
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Visa was decided but hasn’t been sent?

Post by Pipkat » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:54 pm

Hi everyone,

I’m applying for a tier 4 from the US.

Here is my timeline:
Monday, June 22- biometrics at an ASC
Tuesday, June 23- sent documents to UKVI office in New York with priority service
Friday, July 2- called to check on the status of my application. I was told that the application has been decided. However, the only email I received was that my application had been received online.

I have yet to hear anything about my visa being sent my way, and when I tried to use the tracking number on the return courier shipping label, it doesn’t say anything about them shipping it. Should I be worried? Is this normal? It has now been 8 working days since it arrived in NY.

mercymercy
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Visa was decided but hasn’t been sent?

Post by mercymercy » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:26 pm

This same thing has happened to me, albeit with a much longer timeline.

4 July - submitted application
15 July - biometrics at an ASC
16 July - Email from Sheffield to say application was received
17 July - Sent documents to UKVI in New York (standard service)

13 August - emailed UKVI to enquire about visa, got a response saying that a decision has been reached but they can't tell me further and that the visa application center will contact me. I haven't heard anything since. I can also track the return shipping and see that it hasn't been sent.