ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surrendering Indian Passport Questions

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

developer123
Newly Registered
India

Surrendering Indian Passport Questions

Post by developer123 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:32 pm

Hi there,

I have a few questions to ask, wondering if anyone can help me by answering them :).

Here they are:
(1) copy of all used pages of the passport – do I need to take copies of the blank pages as well ? I have done a photocopy of used pages but not the blank ones. I know they recommend copying the whole booklet but is that necessary ? Just curious.
(2) I read that VFS didn’t take some individuals self addressed envelope for posting back the surrender certificate. I’ve got an A4 size special delivery plastic envelop from Royal Mail, will that be alright ? I know rules change constantly and VFS evolves too, but I was wondering if you have any ideas of current rules regarding this ?
(3) I’ll have a copy of my naturalisation certificate but not British passport, which will be under process. I have printed out a letter stating this. Just to confirm, you don’t need to have applied for the British passport during the surrender process, as long as you have the naturalisation certificate you shouldn’t have any issues ?
(4) In addition to point 3, shall I leave the British passport details as blank in the surrender form ? Or is that a question for VFS to answer ?

Cheers for your help !

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Re: Surrendering Indian Passport Questions

Post by apsk » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:51 am

developer123 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:32 pm
Hi there,

I have a few questions to ask, wondering if anyone can help me by answering them :).

Here they are:
(1) copy of all used pages of the passport – do I need to take copies of the blank pages as well ? I have done a photocopy of used pages but not the blank ones. I know they recommend copying the whole booklet but is that necessary ? Just curious. No, only used pages
(2) I read that VFS didn’t take some individuals self addressed envelope for posting back the surrender certificate. I’ve got an A4 size special delivery plastic envelop from Royal Mail, will that be alright ? I know rules change constantly and VFS evolves too, but I was wondering if you have any ideas of current rules regarding this ? They do not accept anything from applicants now, the use DX courier services and charge you for that inclusive to your application fee
(3) I’ll have a copy of my naturalisation certificate but not British passport, which will be under process. I have printed out a letter stating this. Just to confirm, you don’t need to have applied for the British passport during the surrender process, as long as you have the naturalisation certificate you shouldn’t have any issues ? Cirrect, but you need to write a cover note declaring that your British passport is under process and sign it.
(4) In addition to point 3, shall I leave the British passport details as blank in the surrender form ? Or is that a question for VFS to answer ? Leave it blank of course

Cheers for your help !