ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee - Director of ltd company i have shares in

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dajen
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Referee - Director of ltd company i have shares in

Post by dajen » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:16 pm

Good afternoon,

I had a bit of issues finding the second referee (of professional standing) so I have decided to go with my business partner who owns 50% of shares and is the director of LTD company where I am also listed as a director with rest 50% of shares. Would this referee work? I doesn't fall under the HO 'No's' list but still want to double checked whether this would be sufficient and credible.

Thank you for your help

zimba
Mood:

Re: Referee - Director of ltd company i have shares in

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:21 pm

It should be fine as long as you are not related
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

dajen
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

absences from UK

Post by dajen » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:06 pm

Hi everyone,

I am hesitating on competing my application for the residency part. Back in 2015 I have left the UK in March, came back in May for few days and left again in until end of July. The absents doesn’t exceed the allowance over the qualifying period however I am lacking proof of residence for this period of course. Other than this I have all relevant documents confirming employment and NI contributions for all 2014 the rest of 2015 until today including proof of business ownership since 2017. I have been in the UK for almost 11 years, i have studied here and now co own my business therefore I believe I can proof strong ties to the UK but I don’t want to risk my application being declined because of this period. I have just left for couple of months to travel and visit my family and friends. Can someone please advice whether this could influence the outcome of my application?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:06 am

When did you get PR ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

dajen
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by dajen » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:09 am

I got the document last year but the date I acquired permanent residence status is 29 June 2017.

Thank you & I look forward to hearing from you.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:24 am

If you managed to get PR in 2017 and your circumstances in 2015 were not an issue, there is nothing that will stop you proceeding with BC application

dajen
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by dajen » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:56 am

Thank you for your time and help, much appreciated ☺️