ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help!!!Please help if you know anyone with the same problem

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Unitingwalls
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Urgent help!!!Please help if you know anyone with the same problem

Post by Unitingwalls » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:00 pm

I am 29 years old boy Nigerian with a permanent resident permit card from Italy( permesso soggiorno di Lungo periodo) My mom is an Italian citizen too. But my mom now live in the United kingdom. She works as a caregiver for 2 years now and she has a united kingdom resident permit.

Now the question is.

1. Do I need a visa to go to the UK?

2.Please can my come to Italy and take me to the United kingdom without a visa?

3. Can I visit my mom without her coming to Italy to pick me?

Please help. I am missing my mom. I have not meet her for 3 years now

secret.simon

Re: Urgent help!!!Please help if you know anyone with the same problem

Post by secret.simon » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:38 am

Unitingwalls wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:00 pm
1. Do I need a visa to go to the UK?
Yes
Unitingwalls wrote:
2.Please can my come to Italy and take me to the United kingdom without a visa?
No.
Unitingwalls wrote:
3. Can I visit my mom without her coming to Italy to pick me?
Yes, but you need to apply for a visa first. Are you financially dependent on your mother or are you financially independent?
Unitingwalls wrote:
Please help. I am missing my mom. I have not meet her for 3 years now
I am sure that as an Italian citizen, she can meet you in Italy any time. Alternatively, presumably you can meet in any Schengen country.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Unitingwalls
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Unitingwalls » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:01 am

I am not dependent on my mom anymore. I have being working for the past 5 years at the same company but we constantly work 6 to 7 months a year. This year my work
started April and its ending in September. Please can I used a 5 months contract thats starts from April and end in September to apply for a tourist visa to the UK?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:33 pm

Unitingwalls wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:01 am
I am not dependent on my mom anymore. I have being working for the past 5 years at the same company but we constantly work 6 to 7 months a year. This year my work
started April and its ending in September. Please can I used a 5 months contract thats starts from April and end in September to apply for a tourist visa to the UK?
You can always lodge an application for a UK tourist visa to visit your mum. She can sponsor that but sending you an invitation, payslips, proof of residence, bank statements... etc.

However, if your job is precarious, your visa would be probably refused as the HO won't see any reason why you would go back to Italy.

You can always try and see. I am not saying they will refuse for sure, but as always, when you apply for a visa, there is a risk of refusal when there are weaknesses in your application.