ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Married a US citizen using ESTA visa

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Irishcitizen11
Newly Registered
Ireland

Married a US citizen using ESTA visa

Post by Irishcitizen11 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:15 am

Hi everyone,

I have a question in relation to myself (Irish citizen) and my US Husband travelling to the US for holidays going forward.

When we got married last year we got married in the US. I went over on the esta/holiday visa. When the immigration officer asked me that time the purpose of my entry I said I was only there for a holiday as I did not plan to overstay my visa or work. I did not mention about my intention to marry my husband.

My question is could I get in trouble for this the next time I go to the US and state to the immigration officer that I’m travelling with my US Husband?
If so, is there anything I can do to rectify the problem if there is one?

We both live in Ireland and also did when we travelled to the US to get married.
We have no plans to move to the US for at least another 5+ years. My question really is referring to to travelling to the US for holidays.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.