ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Approval letter- bit different from usual

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Approval letter- bit different from usual

Post by apsk » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:14 am

Hi all,

I would like to ask just to find out if anyone got similar experience?

Me and my wife both applied together in May, and 4 of my other colleagues also applied in the same month, all got their approval letters in July beginning, happy bunnies except myself, 3 got their ceremonies dones and passport received also. I got my approval letter in July end but it is very different to other 5 applicant's approval letters. (I do appreciate approval is an approval, doesn't matter if different).
1. My approval letter talks about HO keeping my Life in the UK test certificate, while I never submitted with my application, as it was online application and via new system we scan and upload and get docs checked at appointment.
2. It also claim all they are returning all the documents submitted with this approval letter as they all the information has been noted and they do not need to see them again. But as I said above in point 1 I never submitted anything so no point of getting back.
3. It says not to contact local council for ceremony, invite will be received within 3 weeks. (But on 11th day I did chase up council and they said they have not received my certificate yet. Registrar said normally they receive it within 3-5 days of the date on approval letter but nothing for me)
4. My address on approval is in different format than my wife's. Though application reference and my name is correct.

I strongly feel my certificate is lost in post from Home office to my local council. This could be due to carelessness of the case worker, or Royal mail etc. If I chase up Home office for this they will ask me to wait for 3 weeks from the date on approval letter, Wednesday next week. But just to be ready for worst case I would like to have some advice please.

Thanks in advance

joeano353
BANNED
Tuvalu

Re: Approval letter- bit different from usual

Post by joeano353 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:15 pm

Whatever the reason, such documents are sent by secured mail. So dont presume its lost in the mail. It could be a number of reasons and I think its best to contact HO and query about your certificate.

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:23 pm

joeano353 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:15 pm
Whatever the reason, such documents are sent by secured mail. So dont presume its lost in the mail. It could be a number of reasons and I think its best to contact HO and query about your certificate.
Good point. Provided they really send it by secured post, not like 2nd class junk looking envelope as they do for approval letter

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:33 am

And apparently council receives post from HO every Friday. No other day during the week.

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:38 am

Anyone else also experiencing the same or had experienced this situation recently?

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:32 am

Hi again

This morning I got another approval letter, dated 30th July in the same format as my wife received in June. But it says local council should receive my certificate within 2 working days, which I take from 30th July but local council did confirm on 4th Aug that they have not received anything. Any clue what is happening in the background?

Thanks