ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ancestral baby

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

GarryMonty
Newly Registered

Ancestral baby

Post by GarryMonty » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:20 am

Hi all,

I'm here on ancestral. I know my visa states no benefits and i won't risk our future citizenship by claiming.

Anyway is child benefit and discount on hours a 'universal' aka public fund we are allowed to access for the baby?

I got a quote for child care in my area, 1000£!!! I'm hoping we can atleast get discount on hours.

Additionally...

At the bottom of the gov.uk page it says we only need to add the baby as a dependent if we wish to travel, we won't travel, my question is how do I add the baby to our NHS etc?
https://www.gov.uk/ancestry-visa/family-members

P.s we got 4yrs until ILR.

Many thanks
Garry

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Ancestral baby

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:32 am

You cannot claim any benefits or apply for the 20 or 30 hours child care scheme as you do not hold ILR.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 4.0ext.pdf

You might need to get medical insurance for the child. They are entitled to 3 months NHS post birth.

general-uk-immigration-forum/review-of- ... 57829.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

GarryMonty
Newly Registered

Post by GarryMonty » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:36 pm

How do I attached a image here? found a fb thread where someone had a baby while on ancestral.

Gees why on earth does the uk not look after their own? My mother was back n forth to the uk. 4 of my other siblings have citizenship. This is sad news for me. Arg!!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:11 pm

How do I attached a image here? found a fb thread where someone had a baby while on ancestral.
Please don't attach any social media links, they are not allowed.
Gees why on earth does the uk not look after their own? My mother was back n forth to the uk. 4 of my other siblings have citizenship. This is sad news for me. Arg!!!
Because of years of abuse. Remember, that we as migrants, are not 'their own' until we are ILR holders or British. I also have British and Irish ancestry but had to follow the whole shebang on the UK immigration route through Ancestry visa initially. Luckily my journey ended before the IHS fees etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.