ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 at the airport

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aslamaria
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Tier 4 at the airport

Post by Aslamaria » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:15 pm

Hi,

I am due to travel to the UK in early September and needed some advice. I have received an email from the university that states that I need to carry bank statements that I submitted for my visa at the UK immigration. I have spoken with UKCISA to reconfirm, and their representative says that there is no such requirement. Now the problem is, I have been transferring money to an acquaintances account in the UK so that I dont have problems as soon as I arrive. This obviously has changed the finances as recorded in statements back when I applied for visa. Please advice if this is a requirement. And is it latest statements or just for dates I applied for my visa with.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 at the airport

Post by sah10406 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:41 pm

Aslamaria wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:15 pm
Please advice if this is a requirement. And is it latest statements or just for dates I applied for my visa with.
It is not a requirement. Perhaps you can check direct with your university why they are recommending that you bring the bank statements you used in your application. It doesn't appear to make much sense.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Aslamaria
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Aslamaria » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:22 pm

Perhaps it is the most recent statements that they require during immigration process at the airport. I contacted visa support team but they havent gotten back to me yet. Ive been on UKCISA and British council websites and they do say that financial documents will need to be shown on arrival at the airport.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:35 pm

Aslamaria wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:22 pm
Ive been on UKCISA and British council websites and they do say that financial documents will need to be shown on arrival at the airport.
That's a general principal that anytime you enter the UK a BFO can in theory check that you meet the requirements of the type of visa you are using, including having enough money. So it's good practice to be able to do that, but it is very rarely needed. And it is not a requirement of either the immigration rules or the Tier 4 policy guidance.

Perhaps that is what they mean?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.