ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Technical issue: anyone else experienced it?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

JJPO
Newly Registered
Philippines

BRP Technical issue: anyone else experienced it?

Post by JJPO » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:09 pm

Hi, I have been waiting for my BRP to arrive and after ten days I filled in the form to state that it had not arrived. I received an email today saying

"Thank you for your enquiry regarding the delivery of the Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).

This is not a delivery issue as the production of the BRP has been delayed due to a technical issue. This enquiry has been passed to the appropriate team who are aware of this issue and who will contact you in due course."

I am just wondering whether anyone else has had this email and, if so, how long it took for the BRP to arrive? I am becoming increasingly worried about it not being delivered.

Srani
Newly Registered
India

Re: BRP Technical issue: anyone else experienced it?

Post by Srani » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:41 pm

Ask me how badly it goes for me. My wedding postponed because of BRP not delivered. I went through VISA application process in priority service, thinking that the process will be done in time so that I can travel to outside UK for my wedding. I received email from Home office saying I will get my BRP in 7 working days on 03rd Jun. As didn't receive my BRP, I raised though BRP not received portal. They said caseworker is looking into it, they will contact me directly. If i want to contact then i can find caseworker details on my decision letter. Neither caseworker contact me nor any details was mentioned in the details. I tried to reach all possible way as they instructed to post a letter/ called to BRP delivery number/ email to home office....
Lastly on 1st July again BRP delivery came back saying there is a technical issue , they are trying to resolve ASAP.

But again after that no update about my BRP delivery. I waited till today hoping my BRP will come so that i can travel for my wedding, unfortunately nothing happend/ no one from BRP delivery replied to my emails. I finally postponed my wedding :(

Now I am not keen how fast they are delivering BRP.

Regards,
Rani

MC2202
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by MC2202 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:20 pm

I am experiencing the same problem. HO approval letter was 26 May for my son and husband. Husband immediately received brp 31 May and we are still awaiting for my son's BRP up to now. 2 follow ups done and they're both still saying due to technical issues. It is worrying as my son was supposed to travel home for summer holidays. Any update on yours?

Nemesis311
Newly Registered

Post by Nemesis311 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:51 pm

Probably that's the same situation as me.

Approval on the 1st of July, then until now no BRP delivered to my place. I can't file a "not received" complaint because the systems doesn't allow me since I need to wait until next week! and the following Sunday I need to leave on a business trip to France...

But it's indeed weird, as I've checking that some people receive their BRP during July in 2 days time, but in our case we are already in our 9th day of wait... Any further updates to see if the situation has been resolved so far?

Thanks in advance.

nnaseer
Newly Registered

Post by nnaseer » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:09 pm

Same is the case with me I got my decision on 21st may.Applied with an urgent fee .Still waiting for BRP.contacted home office multiple times but always get the same reply . Not getting much help from home Office.
Don’t know what to do and I need to travel as well.
Can anyone guide me what to do in this scenario?

vikkidot
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by vikkidot » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:13 pm

I have also a similar case , Bio metric done on 15th June 2019 and Deciosn on 21st June t , can anyone update if they have received the BRP yet.

vikkidot
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by vikkidot » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:54 pm

Anyone got any update on their BRP please update ?

nk111
Newly Registered
India

Post by nk111 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:04 am

Hello all,

In a similar situation. Got the letter from the Home Office dated 23rd June 2019. We filled in the details at https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... ot-arrived and got the standard reply that someone will get in touch with us.

Letter does not have details of the case worker. When I called the number mentioned on the letter, they said the only way in getting in touch with the case worker is if we write a letter back to them.

Cannot travel or prove conditions of stay to employers.

1. Is there any way in contacting the Home Office case worker?
2. Is there a way to understand what the 'technical issue' is?
3. Is there a way to expedite this process in order to get the BRP as quickly as possible?
4. Has anyone in this thread received their BRP?

leticiamw
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by leticiamw » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:52 pm

Same situation here, waiting for more than a month. Has anyone has an update?

SsseA
Newly Registered
India

Post by SsseA » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:54 pm

I am also in the same boat. Please can someone update whats going on with them? And if successful what have you done beside waiting? Thanks

44shree
Newly Registered
India

Post by 44shree » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:37 pm

Hi All,

Have you guys got BRP now who had "Technical Issues" in the month of July/August?
Please respond as I am in same situation. If you have got can you tell me how long it took ?

Thanks

vikkidot
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by vikkidot » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:59 pm

Still not received the BRP Decision made on 21 June 2019 and Biometrics on 15th June 2019.

Dong15
Newly Registered

Post by Dong15 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:01 am

I am experiencing similar issue here. I had my biometric done on 29th August and decision letter on 30th August. Brp not received after 10days and when I sent not received complaint I got a reply today with the golden phrase. Due to technical problems........
I think there is a huge struggle in terms of turn around times since more people are opting for super priority service

aria20172019
Newly Registered

Post by aria20172019 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:14 am

Dong15 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:01 am
I am experiencing similar issue here. I had my biometric done on 29th August and decision letter on 30th August. Brp not received after 10days and when I sent not received complaint I got a reply today with the golden phrase. Due to technical problems........
I think there is a huge struggle in terms of turn around times since more people are opting for super priority service
I received the letter earlier than you, on 22nd August. But haven't received anything yet...I paid a priority service...

Vecteur Directeur
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Vecteur Directeur » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:47 pm

Hi all,

I am also on the same boat. My biometrics were taken on Sept 3 (priority service) and I got my decision email next day at 10am. I was very happy with the fast processing time that day but unfortunately, I haven't received my BRP after that. Today, I received that "technical problem" mail...

The same mail indicates also this: "Your leave to remain in the UK is not affected, but we do not advise you to book travel outside the UK until you have received your BRP."
I am now wondering if I can start working in my new company in October in case I don't receive my BRP card next week? If my leave to remain is not affected, then I have the right to work here, don't I?

montadher
Newly Registered
Iraq

Post by montadher » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:44 pm

Hi, Have you received your BRP yet? I'm also waiting for my BRP but I haven't finished the 7 working days of receiving the decision, it's been only 2 working days. I'm a bit worried now. Hope you have received your BRP.

montadher
Newly Registered
Iraq

Post by montadher » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:45 pm

Vecteur Directeur wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:47 pm
Hi all,

I am also on the same boat. My biometrics were taken on Sept 3 (priority service) and I got my decision email next day at 10am. I was very happy with the fast processing time that day but unfortunately, I haven't received my BRP after that. Today, I received that "technical problem" mail...

The same mail indicates also this: "Your leave to remain in the UK is not affected, but we do not advise you to book travel outside the UK until you have received your BRP."
I am now wondering if I can start working in my new company in October in case I don't receive my BRP card next week? If my leave to remain is not affected, then I have the right to work here, don't I?
Hi, Have you received your BRP yet? I'm also waiting for my BRP but I haven't finished the 7 working days of receiving the decision, it's been only 2 working days. I'm a bit worried now. Hope you have received your BRP.

NaikPoon
Newly Registered
India

Post by NaikPoon » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:15 pm

I am also sailing in the same boat. Ask me how badly it feels. I had my appointment on 31st July for Biometric and received an mail from home office on 5th Aug about the application as been successful. I opted for Priority Service so that it can arrive early. Today is 6th of Oct(Almost 65 days) and I m still waiting for it to arrive. Tried all possible ways.

I have send 4-5 mails, I called on helpline number , I have send 2 letters also on Sheffield address.

Chi781989
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by Chi781989 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:09 pm

Same situation -tier 2 visa switch sponsor- biometric colletced 31/8 at Cloydon, descion Email on 1/9 inidcating approval. No BRP card still... Keeps getting Tech Issue Email without progrossion.

Anyone recieved the BRP after the Tech Email? How long did it take? Anyone haven't got the BRP more than 3 months? I had cannceled 2 weddings, 3 business trips which were required for my work and I dont want to be locked in for Christmas...

Kg1989
Newly Registered
India

Post by Kg1989 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:41 pm

Does anyone received BRP after Technical issue?
If someone has received BRP it’s been how many days that you have received BRP

Hope Technical issue of BRP would have resolved.

Please do let me know if someone has received BRP recently as I’m in an emergency need to travel to my home country !!

Eagerly waiting for my BRP!!

Thanks in advance

Mani8
Newly Registered

Post by Mani8 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:34 pm

Does Any one received BRP after the technical issue email??

Mani8
Newly Registered

Post by Mani8 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:29 am

NaikPoon wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:15 pm
I am also sailing in the same boat. Ask me how badly it feels. I had my appointment on 31st July for Biometric and received an mail from home office on 5th Aug about the application as been successful. I opted for Priority Service so that it can arrive early. Today is 6th of Oct(Almost 65 days) and I m still waiting for it to arrive. Tried all possible ways.

I have send 4-5 mails, I called on helpline number , I have send 2 letters also on Sheffield address.

Did you receive your biomteric after technical email?

JJPO
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by JJPO » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:29 pm

Hi all!

This is my timeline:

12 June - decision letter
15 October - still waiting for BRP

It's four months of waiting now. The BRP team has informed me that they are still waiting for NINO verification.

It is really frustrating.

Anyone here who left the UK without their BRP?

JJPO
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by JJPO » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:31 pm

Mani8 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:34 pm
I have been receiving several emails saying that there has been a technical issue. But still, I haven't got my BRP. Four months of waiting now.

Mani8
Newly Registered

Post by Mani8 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:12 pm

JJPO wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:31 pm
Mani8 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:34 pm
I have been receiving several emails saying that there has been a technical issue. But still, I haven't got my BRP. Four months of waiting now.
OMG.. do you have any emails to reply them back??