ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview T1E 50K ILR application - HO visit the site

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bigyou
Wales

Re: Interview T1E 50K ILR application - HO visit the site

Post by Bigyou » Thu May 30, 2019 6:57 am

Amjadalisarobi wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 6:38 am
Thanks Bigyou for your reply , did they asked about investment or not ? And plz share your time line and any interview on extension stage ? And how long was your interview ? Do you have a Office or operating business from home ? And the time of interview your employes were present or not ? Plz share your experience with us and also if you have interview questions sheet the share with us plz , thanks
I submitted nov 2017 Biometric soon after. Got complex letter DEC 2017 then did not hear anything till April 2019 with a call for interview. This application is extension and my second interview. I had interview on both applications. Interview was about an 1.45mins. I have a home office but interview was somewhere else. Employees were not around. They asked to send a lot of document. The interview was spontaneous and they took it of from the documents I had available with me. Really scrutinising them e.g account info, bank statement, employees rights, payslip, clients info- what I do and evidence of what I did.

Bigyou
Wales

Post by Bigyou » Thu May 30, 2019 6:59 am

xeesee wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 6:39 am
Bigyou wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 4:26 am
I recently had an interview and most question revolved around account, salaries, evident of role I provided to clients, contracts etc. I am not confident of the interviwew also and would rather explore other options as my ten years will be complete next October which is a long time not to have alternative plans.
Hello,

Can you please share your time line for ILR application also nature of business.

Are you running your business from home?

Thanks
Sorry I just realised I have been posting on ILR. Mine is extension. Sorry to cause a confusion please admin delete my comments as not to mislead people.

Amjadalisarobi

Post by Amjadalisarobi » Fri May 31, 2019 5:24 am

Hi Star20lion , can you explain plz when they call you for interview and what dates was you interview ( how much gap was in between call for interview and date of interview ) and the same question from Logical-riz as wel plz , and Logical_riz plz when you conduct your interview then plz inform us , that will be very helpful for us and all members , thanks

riaz230

Post by riaz230 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:49 am

hi
zimbia could you please explain set(o) and flr as my interview was also not good and ten years completing in sep19 and how much time we can gain through set(o) and flr please kindly comments

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:55 am

riaz230 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:49 am
hi
zimbia could you please explain set(o) and flr as my interview was also not good and ten years completing in sep19 and how much time we can gain through set(o) and flr please kindly comments
Kindly start your own topic with your questions instead of tagging onto another users thread. It is unfair to the OP that everyone is tagging their questions on and it creates confusion when members respond.

This is not a 'general' topic for all. A member has posted specifically asking for advice and others are simply tagging on.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

logical_riz
India

Post by logical_riz » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:55 am

Amjadalisarobi wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 5:24 am
Hi Star20lion , can you explain plz when they call you for interview and what dates was you interview ( how much gap was in between call for interview and date of interview ) and the same question from Logical-riz as wel plz , and Logical_riz plz when you conduct your interview then plz inform us , that will be very helpful for us and all members , thanks
I didn't attend interview as my child was not well. They are going to arrange another day.

star20lion
Newly Registered

Post by star20lion » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:36 pm

Amjadalisarobi wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 5:24 am
Hi Amjad, I received email in one week notice and i reply back in two days after can come in time. so they come same time in a week on 15 may, and asked the same questions about accounts investment employee clinets etc.

Amjadalisarobi

Post by Amjadalisarobi » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:34 pm

Thanks Logical-riz and star20lion for your reply , and please Logical-riz when you attend your interview then please inform us that will be a great help , thanks

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Emirates » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:16 pm

Hi.

Is it your extension application or Ilr application?

Regards,

Emi

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:39 am

Emirates wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:16 pm
Hi.

Is it your extension application or Ilr application?

Regards,

Emi
The topic title and first post clearly states it is an ILR application!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Affan235
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Affan235 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:01 pm

Hi dear
Can I know , r u applying for single applicant or enterprenurel team . Secondly ,do u have any office or apply from home address.thirdly , did you get any interview before that for this visa pls .
I will be thankful to you, kindly reply pls ..

Affan235
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Affan235 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:05 pm

star20lion
Kindly help me out . R u applying from home adddress or office address . R u single applicant or both ?
Did u get any interview before that for this visa pls ?
Will be thankful to you .

Affan235
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Affan235 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:12 pm

Bigyou

Can you tell me pls , r u single applicant?
Secondly did you get any interview for this visa ?
Thirdly when you apply for ILR and when you get interview call.
Fourthly , do u have home address or office address for this business pls ?
Will be appreciated pls

star20lion
Newly Registered

Post by star20lion » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:15 am

Affan235 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:01 pm
Hi dear
Can I know , r u applying for single applicant or enterprenurel team . Secondly ,do u have any office or apply from home address.thirdly , did you get any interview before that for this visa pls .
I will be thankful to you, kindly reply pls ..
HI Affan,

1,Single Application from start initial,ext and ILR.
2.I had office and interview was also in Office.
3.NO interview in any previous application.

Regard!

Lessismore
Newly Registered

Post by Lessismore » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:00 pm

Hi star20lion

Please can you let me know 1, you business nature 2, what documents did you submit along with your application? 3, did you score the job creation points based on transitional arrangement?

Thanks in advanced for your reply and I hope the good news come to you soon.

star20lion
Newly Registered

Post by star20lion » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:46 pm

Lessismore wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:00 pm
Hi star20lion

Please can you let me know 1, you business nature 2, what documents did you submit along with your application? 3, did you score the job creation points based on transitional arrangement?

Thanks in advanced for your reply and I hope the good news come to you soon.
Hi Lessismore,
1.I provide few things but main was accounts services.

2.I submit the same which is required for ILR for Tier1 ent ILR but main was
-company accounts for last year
-company bank statements for last year.
-payslips for last 2 years for both employee etc
-RTI
-Corporation tax paid

3.Job creation points was normal not transitional arrangement.

Hope will help for you.
Regards!

langlin092688
Newly Registered
China

Post by langlin092688 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:20 pm

Hi Tier11417, I got a phone call from HO last week and have been told that they will do the inspection in my office. I am now preparing my interview. I was wondering that are they going to ask me to provide any documents during the interview? or are they going to see my computer? Can I check the documents or computer if I can't remember some information? Thank you!
tier11417 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 12:32 am
Interviews for Tier 1 Ent at ILR stage is a reality now. I want to add some bits as I have an interview experience at extension stage. The interview questions at ILR stage are the same and there is a lot of feedback from previous extension interviews on this forum. Members can search the forum and benefit from it at even ILR stage.

I am sharing this with my personal experience so it might give some confidence to the members in stress.

As long as you are genuinely trading, less or more, profit or loss, be confident, you will be okay.

At extension stage, my company was registered at my home address. My employees worked from their own home and my company was in loss. All three negative points.

Although, my 4 hour long interview did not go 100%, lots of counter questioning, in the end I was able to convince the CW about my business model and business decisions through my answers (CW makes the decision not the interviewer).

It was a 4 hour long interview but the two things they focused more was:
1) Investment funds
2) Employees

At ILR stage, job creation is the most important, so be prepared to be grilled on employee questions.

a) keep employee contracts handy
b) employee communication (email, whatsapp, phone)
c) make yourself aware of employee rights (pension, holidays, sick leave, notice period etc)
d) advertisement for jobs (google, facebook etc)
e) employee role/job description
f) employee CV
g) employee names/addresses by heart
h) employee qualifications
i) employee pay/hourly rate
j) If employee is working from home, justify your decision.
k) employee benefits (if any - company laptop or phone or travel expenses etc)
l) how does employee report to you
m) how do you check employee performance if employee works from home

I can only remember the above on top of my head as my interview was conducted in Sep 2017 but the questions will be similar even at ILR stage.

Also, be prepared to answer questions about your investment credibility:
a) where did the money come from - proof if asked
b) how did you invest the money
c) break up of investment/expenditure
d) profit/loss figures
e) advertisement costs etc

Be prepared to keep sale/purchase/client invoices.

Advertisement proof of receipts.

Social media presence.

The interviewer is well aware of your website/social media and they do their homework before they visit you. Keep the website/social media up to date.

Having said all the above, they asked me much more than listed above. This is only areas where they focused more so I wanted to share.

No interview is 100%. Be confident, that is the key.

As job creation is the most important part of ILR application, be prepared to be grilled at employee questions more.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:32 pm

langlin092688 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:20 pm
Hi Tier11417, I got a phone call from HO last week and have been told that they will do the inspection in my office. I am now preparing my interview. I was wondering that are they going to ask me to provide any documents during the interview? or are they going to see my computer? Can I check the documents or computer if I can't remember some information? Thank you!
tier11417 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 12:32 am
Interviews for Tier 1 Ent at ILR stage is a reality now. I want to add some bits as I have an interview experience at extension stage. The interview questions at ILR stage are the same and there is a lot of feedback from previous extension interviews on this forum. Members can search the forum and benefit from it at even ILR stage.

I am sharing this with my personal experience so it might give some confidence to the members in stress.

As long as you are genuinely trading, less or more, profit or loss, be confident, you will be okay.

At extension stage, my company was registered at my home address. My employees worked from their own home and my company was in loss. All three negative points.

Although, my 4 hour long interview did not go 100%, lots of counter questioning, in the end I was able to convince the CW about my business model and business decisions through my answers (CW makes the decision not the interviewer).

It was a 4 hour long interview but the two things they focused more was:
1) Investment funds
2) Employees

At ILR stage, job creation is the most important, so be prepared to be grilled on employee questions.

a) keep employee contracts handy
b) employee communication (email, whatsapp, phone)
c) make yourself aware of employee rights (pension, holidays, sick leave, notice period etc)
d) advertisement for jobs (google, facebook etc)
e) employee role/job description
f) employee CV
g) employee names/addresses by heart
h) employee qualifications
i) employee pay/hourly rate
j) If employee is working from home, justify your decision.
k) employee benefits (if any - company laptop or phone or travel expenses etc)
l) how does employee report to you
m) how do you check employee performance if employee works from home

I can only remember the above on top of my head as my interview was conducted in Sep 2017 but the questions will be similar even at ILR stage.

Also, be prepared to answer questions about your investment credibility:
a) where did the money come from - proof if asked
b) how did you invest the money
c) break up of investment/expenditure
d) profit/loss figures
e) advertisement costs etc

Be prepared to keep sale/purchase/client invoices.

Advertisement proof of receipts.

Social media presence.

The interviewer is well aware of your website/social media and they do their homework before they visit you. Keep the website/social media up to date.

Having said all the above, they asked me much more than listed above. This is only areas where they focused more so I wanted to share.

No interview is 100%. Be confident, that is the key.

As job creation is the most important part of ILR application, be prepared to be grilled at employee questions more.
To be honest, I cant really comment on how they will conduct your interview. You have a lot of suggestions and feedback from members who had interview experience before. Questions will be almost similar. Every application and every business is different. So really cant say what documents they will ask you. But you should be prepared at all angles.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Amjadalisarobi

Post by Amjadalisarobi » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:21 am

Hi logical_riz , you didn’t share your experience after interview please share it with other members so then other will get benefit from that , thanks

star20lion
Newly Registered

Post by star20lion » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:34 pm

Hi everyone,

I have received my ILR approval letter from HO today which is unbelievable because my interview was not good even they were saying on the spot not satisfied.I was preparing my documents for 10 year long resident.

I would like to thanks all members and especially admin their opinion are very helpful and much better then many solicitors.

Finally for all those are waiting for decision never lose your hope.Best of Luck.

Napoleon77
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Napoleon77 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:48 pm

star20lion wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:34 pm
Hi everyone,

I have received my ILR approval letter from HO today which is unbelievable because my interview was not good even they were saying on the spot not satisfied.I was preparing my documents for 10 year long resident.

I would like to thanks all members and especially admin their opinion are very helpful and much better then many solicitors.

Finally for all those are waiting for decision never lose your hope.Best of Luck.
Congrats

Napoleon77
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Napoleon77 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:51 pm

star20lion wrote:
Hi everyone,

I also applied in September 2018 and was also interviewed in May 2019.

I hope I also hear good news soon!

HMG
Egypt

Post by HMG » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:02 pm

star20lion wrote:
Hi everyone,

Congratulations!

And thanks for updating us. Wish you the best in your coming future