ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

More than 2 qualifying criteria?

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Alhambra
Newly Registered

More than 2 qualifying criteria?

Post by Alhambra » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:50 am

Hello,

According to the official Tech Nation visa guide, "you must fill at least two of the qualifying criteria", implying that you can fill more than 2 if you want.

However, under the "Documents and evidence" section it says that "You must provide <..> up to 10 pieces of evidence in relation to the Eligibility Criteria <...> to demonstrate you meet the one key and two qualifying criteria". How should I interpret this? Does it mean that after all I have to meet exactly two qualifying criteria and not "two or more"?

Thanks!

WRWR
Russia

Re: More than 2 qualifying criteria?

Post by WRWR » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:40 pm

You'll have to select two qualifying criteria during application process.

There is no point aiming for 3 or 4 criterias. Just choose two and make them as strong as possible.

Alhambra
Newly Registered

Post by Alhambra » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:49 pm

WRWR wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:40 pm
You'll have to select two qualifying criteria during application process.
That's interesting, I can still check more than 2 criterias on the application form, but there are only two text fields to describe the evidence documents. :?

So it seems you're right. Thanks!

Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by 789234 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:32 pm

For reference, I submitted 4 evidence under Key and 6 evidence under Qualifying. I did put more focus on my Key Criterias over Qualifying.

For the 4 Key evidence, I used:
2 for supporting: Proof of recognition for work outside your immediate occupation that has contributed to the advancement of the sector (e.g. evidence that you have gone beyond your day to day profession to engage in an activity that contributes to the advancement of the sector)
2 for supporting: Provide more than one example of innovation in the digital technology sector as a founder of a digital technology sector company or an employee working in a new digital field or concept that must be clearly evidenced.

Hope this helps! I was successful in getting an endorsement from Tech Nation.

prisingh
Mood:
India

Post by prisingh » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:46 am

789234 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:32 pm
For reference, I submitted 4 evidence under Key and 6 evidence under Qualifying. I did put more focus on my Key Criterias over Qualifying.

2 for supporting: Proof of recognition for work outside your immediate occupation that has contributed to the advancement of the sector (e.g. evidence that you have gone beyond your day to day profession to engage in an activity that contributes to the advancement of the sector)
2 for supporting: Provide more than one example of innovation in the digital technology sector as a founder of a digital technology sector company or an employee working in a new digital field or concept that must be clearly evidenced.

Thanks for the details.. can you list down what qualifying criteria you used for ? Have you used more then 2 or only two.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:50 am

prisingh wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:46 am
789234 wrote:

Thanks for the details.. can you list down what qualifying criteria you used for ? Have you used more then 2 or only two.
@ 'prisingh' - curious to know why you are asking questions in this sub forum when you are applying or have applied for a Tier 2 General?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

prisingh
Mood:
India

Post by prisingh » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:15 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:50 am
prisingh wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:46 am
789234 wrote:

@ 'prisingh' - curious to know why you are asking questions in this sub forum when you are applying or have applied for a Tier 2 General?
Hi Cr,

As you asked before and i answered , my final aim is t1 exceptional talent with the added benefit of working for any employer without applying for t2 visa and a 3 year route to ilr much quicker then tier 2.

Work is in progress for this visa and t2 general is something i have to do as i am on dependent which is a bit shaky with main applicant :)

Thanks,