ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Djuliane
Chad

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by Djuliane » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:46 pm

naz98 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:18 am
Hey I wanted to find out about the referees for my nationality, for the 1st referee his occupayion is a treasure and my second referee is a IT Engineer both of them are british citizens and have known them for 5 years are the referees ok. Thanks.
The first one should be a professional and the second one , solicitor, your Gp or ministry of religion

Scorpio111
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Scorpio111 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:13 pm

Hi everyone. Please I applied for naturalisation on 7 Feb 2019 but I didn’t received any reply from home office. I was previously overstayer refugee and ILR . I requested for updates by email and just received generic email from HO. I requested for SAR report and after reading SAR , it’s says that person Checks done 10 May 2019 and again Checked for two referees . Identify verified for both date 03 July 2019. I visited to My MP and he rang home office and home office representative told my MP that they will update him within 2 weeks. Please yours comments and suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance🙏.

naz98
Newly Registered

Post by naz98 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:27 pm

Djuliane wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:46 pm
naz98 wrote:
Hey I wanted to find out about the referees for my nationality, for the 1st referee his occupayion is a treasure and my second referee is a IT Engineer both of them are british citizens and have known them for 5 years are the referees ok. Thanks.
The first one should be a professional and the second one , solicitor, your Gp or ministry of religion
[/quote
are my referees ok then.

Sam1234567
Newly Registered

Post by Sam1234567 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:55 pm

Scorpio111 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:13 pm
Hi everyone. Please I applied for naturalisation on 7 Feb 2019 but I didn’t received any reply from home office. I was previously overstayer refugee and ILR . I requested for updates by email and just received generic email from HO. I requested for SAR report and after reading SAR , it’s says that person Checks done 10 May 2019 and again Checked for two referees . Identify verified for both date 03 July 2019. I visited to My MP and he rang home office and home office representative told my MP that they will update him within 2 weeks. Please yours comments and suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance🙏.
I applied on the 1st of February, and everytime I contact the home office i get a generic response too. How did u request ur Sar and how long did it take

Scorpio111
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Scorpio111 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:22 pm

I applied for SAR online and send them my ID copy and one photo to lunar house Croydon and after 8 weeks I received a bundle record. But I was shocked seeing that home office got all our previous data record. 🙏

Heitomorrow

Post by Heitomorrow » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:39 pm

Scorpio111 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:22 pm
I applied for SAR online and send them my ID copy and one photo to lunar house Croydon and after 8 weeks I received a bundle record. But I was shocked seeing that home office got all our previous data record. 🙏
Don’t know the reason for this delay. Have u got any immigration flags such as overstayed or refusals lead to court hearing. My application is a straight forward except 2 FNP and few parking tickets but still waiting since Early March

Heitomorrow

Post by Heitomorrow » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:40 pm

Sam1234567 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:55 pm
Scorpio111 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:13 pm
I applied on the 1st of February, and everytime I contact the home office i get a generic response too. How did u request ur Sar and how long did it

Have u got any immigration flags such as overstayed or refusals lead to court hearing. My application is a straight forward except 2 FNP and few parking tickets but still waiting since Early March

Scorpio111
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Scorpio111 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:45 pm

Yes I was overstayer because my college license was suspended by UKBA and I couldn’t find other CAS admission letter but due to my social activities in my home country I claimed asylum which was granted. My MP rang home office last week and they told my MP that they will update him within 2 weeks.

bluebird12
Pakistan

Post by bluebird12 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:18 pm

Hi Everyone,
i have applied for naturalisation (AN) on 28 June 2019, and my application was refused on 2nd August 2019 as i predicted it will be refused. The refusal reason was Illegal entrant to UK in 2004 and without LTR for 9 years. First time applied LTR in 2012 and LTR granted in 2013, ILR granted in 06-2019.

I have been given date to re-apply naturalisation in 05-2022 once i have completed 10 years legal stay in UK.
Is there any chance of approval if i apply for Reconsideration (NR) or it would be another waste of money ? Any thoughts on this point will be appreciated. Many thanks

Raja0007
Newly Registered

Post by Raja0007 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:04 pm

Djuliane wrote:
naz98 wrote:

Have you heard from hone office yet ???

Britney99

Post by Britney99 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:30 am

mrafgsharoon wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:59 pm
Hi Heitomorrow
This is their standard replies which they send me 4 months ago I believe and I also called them on monday I was told that someone will contact me within 3 working days

👇
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Please note that we will contact you as soon as we are in a position to take a decision on your case. You do not need to contact us again unless you need to report a change in circumstances.

Yours faithfully,

UK Visas and Immigration
What number did you call and how long was the call ? I know there is a number that costs £2.50 per minutes but if you weren’t on hold and found it was a quick call, 10 minutes, then I don’t mind calling either . Thanks

mrafgsharoon

Post by mrafgsharoon » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:00 pm

Hi britney99
I called them on this number 0300 123 2253
It took them only 4 minutes to answer my call they just asked me for my email after I confirmed my Email all my application record came up on screen and told me that I will receive an update straight to my Email

Date applied on 25-july-2017
Waiting more than 2 years still no sign of Aproval
Will update here again once I got their reply.

Britney99

Post by Britney99 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:59 pm

mrafgsharoon wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:00 pm
Hi britney99
I called them on this number 0300 123 2253
It took them only 4 minutes to answer my call they just asked me for my email after I confirmed my Email all my application record came up on screen and told me that I will receive an update straight to my Email

Date applied on 25-july-2017
Waiting more than 2 years still no sign of Aproval
Will update here again once I got their reply.
Thank you. Over two years ! That is crazy... hopefully it will be processed soon. Did they then confirm how long it would take ?

Djuliane
Chad

Post by Djuliane » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:51 am

Raja0007 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:04 pm
Djuliane wrote:
naz98 wrote:

Have you heard from hone office yet ???
Nope still waiting

Libra19
Newly Registered

Post by Libra19 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:47 pm

I emailed HO on Monday 5th August 2019 to enquire about the status of my application. HO replied me on 6th August 2019.

Thank you for your e-mail

You will be contacted by post within 21 working days

I got the approval letter today on 10th Aug 2019, date of issue 1-Aug 2019. I applied on 6th April 2019.

Britney99

Post by Britney99 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:30 pm

Britney99 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:32 pm
I applied 4 February and emailed Home office on 28 July and 3 August. I received response today below on 6 August.

Please can I have you comments on this. Email doesn’t say I have been allocated a case worker. It’s been over six months since I applied. Appreciate your help please on how I should respond. Thanks

Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.

It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.

Our web page contains further information on our service standards and other information which may relate to your application.

Please note that this is an automated response confirming receipt of your application and does not accept responses. Please do not reply to this email.

If there is a change in your circumstances, we kindly ask that you only contact us using this link: https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

Permanent migration team
Once I received the above email, I explained I applied over six months ago and I’ve received another email below which doesn’t appear like a standard response. I’ve not been allocated a case worker and responded by saying , I look forward to hearing from the case worker. How else should I chase this ??

“Thank you for your e-mail.

The simplicity or indeed complexity of an application cannot be known until it has been considered by a caseworker. Nevertheless, UKVI aims to complete 95% of cases within 6 months from the date of receipt. It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.

FMT

FMT Admin Support Nationality Group”

Manaz
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by Manaz » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:00 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

May I please ask you to kindly advise me on the below situation:

My side: I am a non-EU national, full-time job, applied for naturalisation in the end of July 2019 (I have held a permanent residence card since June 2018).

My EEA partner side: he granted a document certifying permanent residence as well in June 2018 (we both applied and received our documents at the same time last year). He has been having a full-time job but his job contract will end in 31st August 2019. He is currently looking for a job.

My question: What should we do if my EEA partner have some gap of unemployment until he finds a new job? What would be the best option to do in order to have the minimum negative affect on my ongoing naturalisation application? I am aware under PR visa, we lose our right to stay here if we stop exercising treaty right.

I have some ideas but not sure they are the best:
1. Applying for comprehensive health insurance while my husband is unemployed (do we both need it?).

2. My husband applies for a settle status now so he does not need a comprehensive health insurance (Correct?) But what should I do with my ongoing application? Do I need to get a comprehensive health insurance?

Could you please kindly inform me of what you would think it is the best. Also, I believe I need to inform UKBA about this change of circumstance.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:03 pm

Manaz wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:00 pm
Dear Sir/Madam,

My side: I am a non-EU national, full-time job, applied for naturalisation in the end of July 2019 (I have held a permanent residence card since June 2018).

My EEA partner side: he granted a document certifying permanent residence as well in June 2018 (we both applied and received our documents at the same time last year). He has been having a full-time job but his job contract will end in 31st August 2019. He is currently looking for a job.

My question: What should we do if my EEA partner have some gap of unemployment until he finds a new job? What would be the best option to do in order to have the minimum negative affect on my ongoing naturalisation application? I am aware under PR visa, we lose our right to stay here if we stop exercising treaty right.

1. Applying for comprehensive health insurance while my husband is unemployed (do we both need it?).

2. My husband applies for a settle status now so he does not need a comprehensive health insurance (Correct?) But what should I do with my ongoing application? Do I need to get a comprehensive health insurance?

Could you please kindly inform me of what you would think it is the best. Also, I believe I need to inform UKBA about this change of circumstance.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards.
There is no issue. Citizenship does not require employment.

No need to exercise treaty rights once the EU citizen has PR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Manaz
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by Manaz » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:54 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:03 pm
Manaz wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:00 pm
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much.

Kind regards.
There is no issue. Citizenship does not require employment.

No need to exercise treaty rights once the EU citizen has PR.
Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Anu1985
Newly Registered

Post by Anu1985 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:03 pm

Hi.i have a question.i got refugees status in 2012.then in 2017 I got the ILR.in 2019 I got the British nationality.now I have a British passport.can I go back to my home country using my British passport or still I can not go to my home country.if any body know plz tell me thnks.

mrafgsharoon

Post by mrafgsharoon » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:22 pm

Yes now you are free to travel anywhere you want
I was also a refugee now waiting for my aproval for British nationality once I have receive my first British passport I will then be free to travel anywhere I wish .

Raja0007
Newly Registered

Post by Raja0007 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:12 am

Hi Guys, I have already received my approval letter, but my local council is offering me date of ceremony which is 3 weeks from now. I have asked them for the private ceremony with the extra cost because I have a plan for holiday. But they are saying they only do the ceremonies both group and individuals on Tuesdays only, and we have no appointment untill 3 weeks.

As per my knowledge private ceremony means you pay extra to get it done early, but if the solo ones are on the same days as group ones then why would you pay extra for private ones.

Anyone who has a experience with Glasgow council ?

Djuliane
Chad

Post by Djuliane » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:22 am

Hi Guys I have recieved my approval letter today. It took me 2 months to process my application. :D I am so over the moon now.

I wish you all of yous good luck who are still waiting for their applications to be processed. Keep your Hope's up cuz I know it is a most stressful period of your life

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:23 am

Raja0007 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:12 am
Hi Guys, I have already received my approval letter, but my local council is offering me date of ceremony which is 3 weeks from now. I have asked them for the private ceremony with the extra cost because I have a plan for holiday. But they are saying they only do the ceremonies both group and individuals on Tuesdays only, and we have no appointment untill 3 weeks.

As per my knowledge private ceremony means you pay extra to get it done early, but if the solo ones are on the same days as group ones then why would you pay extra for private ones.

Anyone who has a experience with Glasgow council ?
Ceremonies and frequency is at the councils discretion and if they have availability. They have many other functions besides being available for ceremonies. If they don't have availability for a private ceremony, there is nothing much you can do and to be honest, 3 weeks from now is not that long. If you have holiday plans, reschedule your ceremony to a date once you are back.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Raja0007
Newly Registered

Post by Raja0007 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:34 am

Djuliane wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:22 am
Hi Guys I have recieved my approval letter today. It took me 2 months to process my application. :D I am so over the moon now.

I wish you all of yous good luck who are still waiting for their applications to be processed. Keep your Hope's up cuz I know it is a most stressful period of your life

Congratulations!!!