ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Alna3569
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa

Post by Alna3569 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:39 am

Hi all I wonder if I could get some advise :
I am in middle of getting the paperwork ready for my spouse to come and join in UK. I have few questions as below:

1. It was an agreed arrange marriage , so when I write my sponsor letter how do I put this in writing to make them agree that this is a genuine relationship?

2. With regards to accommodation , I am in process of buying a house and will hopefully receive keys to them shortly which means I won't have deed in my name yet as it takes couple of months for that to be updated on UK gov website and I don't want to wait that long? So can I submit my mortgage confirmation/slips and any paperwork to confirm I've bought the house and then explain with the deed issue?

3. Communication history - I've been taking screenshots of our whats app chat history and calls however the calls history does not show length of the call , could that be an issue?
Also how many screenshots do I need per month/week?

Kind Regards,

marsupilami
Mood:
Belgium

Re: Spouse Visa

Post by marsupilami » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:53 am

Hi,

I don't know if this can help you, but it seems to me , if you have an "agreed arranged" marriage, then "agreed" would certainly have the priority over "arranged".

For the length of the calls I think you shouldn't worry. If you have whatsapp to show, that would be sufficient. Photos are also useful.

The visa for my wife has not been approved yet so perhaps I'm wrong but that's my 2 cents.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:14 am

Have you and your spouse met in person??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Alna3569
Newly Registered

Post by Alna3569 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:15 am

Hi , yes we have had our wedding in March and stayed together for 3 weeks after the wedding.

Kind Regards,

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:00 pm

Alna3569 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:39 am
I am in middle of getting the paperwork ready for my spouse to come and join in UK. I have few questions as below:

1. It was an agreed arrange marriage , so when I write my sponsor letter how do I put this in writing to make them agree that this is a genuine relationship?

2. With regards to accommodation , I am in process of buying a house and will hopefully receive keys to them shortly which means I won't have deed in my name yet as it takes couple of months for that to be updated on UK gov website and I don't want to wait that long? So can I submit my mortgage confirmation/slips and any paperwork to confirm I've bought the house and then explain with the deed issue?

3. Communication history - I've been taking screenshots of our whats app chat history and calls however the calls history does not show length of the call , could that be an issue?

I’m also going through a similar process now

- If you click on the call, it will show you the length of the call. Usually on an idiot-phone, there’s a circle with an ! So if you can click on that, you can see the length of call, name you’ve saved him under and his contact number
- I don’t think there’s a set rule on how many screenshots and from what I’ve gathered, people have varying opinions. I have taken 4 screenshots per day. And have taken screenshots of the phone calls we have per day. When printing the evidence, I have selected four per page.
- Pictures of your marriage, Nikkah with his family your family, pictures taken after marriage are very useful. Be sure to save any gift receipts or receipts from your time together which clearly shows you were both together at the time.

Kind Regards,

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:28 pm

Alna3569 wrote:

Kind Regards,
1. Application form has that option to indicate that it was arranged marriage. If you wish to write a covering letter then there is no template.

2. Just attach all paper work

3. Whatsapp call history shows length of call but it wont affect anything as long as reasonable amount of screenshots of chat/call history is being attached.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Alna3569
Newly Registered

Post by Alna3569 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:39 pm

Hi,
Thankyou for the reply , How many screenshots would you say are reasonable for per month?

Alna3569
Newly Registered

Post by Alna3569 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:42 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:00 pm
Alna3569 wrote:

- If you click on the call, it will show you the length of the call. Usually on an idiot-phone, there’s a circle with an ! So if you can click on that, you can see the length of call, name you’ve saved him under and his contact number
- I don’t think there’s a set rule on how many screenshots and from what I’ve gathered, people have varying opinions. I have taken 4 screenshots per day. And have taken screenshots of the phone calls we have per day. When printing the evidence, I have selected four per page.
- Pictures of your marriage, Nikkah with his family your family, pictures taken after marriage are very useful. Be sure to save any gift receipts or receipts from your time together which clearly shows you were both together at the time.

Kind Regards,
Hi, Thankyou for the reply.
When you say per page is that 1 page for each month?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:48 pm

Alna3569 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:42 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Alna3569 wrote:

Kind Regards,
There is no limit but preferably they should be as much as possible. Apart of them other similar evidences from different sources such as wedding pictures, family pictures, money sending receipts, gift sending receipts, tickets/boarding pass, emails etc. are also needed.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:04 pm

Alna3569 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:42 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Alna3569 wrote:

Kind Regards,
Hi.
No - I’ve got one page per day.
Eg one page = 4 screen shots of 1 July 2019

Alna3569
Newly Registered

Post by Alna3569 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:58 pm

Hi All,
I wonder if someone could look at the following documents for me before I submit to ensure I am not missing out on anything and that they're in order:

1 Applicant’s Documents
1.1 Printed online application form
1.2 Appendix 2 form?
1.3 Biometrics Confirmation
1.4 IHS Payment receipt
1.5 IELTS Certificate
1.6 TB Test Certificate

2 Sponsor’s Documents
2.1 Passport photocopy
2.2 Supporting sponsor letter

3 Financial Documents
3.1 6 Months Payslips (March to Aug)
3.2 6 Months Bank Statements (March to Aug)
3.3 Letter from Employer
3.4 Contract of Employment

4 Accommodation Documents

4.1 Contracts completion
4.2 Mortgage Completion
4.3 Housing Report
4.4 Utility confirmation gas + electric (x2)

5 Relationship / Wedding Documents
5.1 Marriage Certificate (tested/translated)
5.2 Travel Stamp page
5.3 Wedding photos with family x 4
5.4 Couple Photos x 8
5.5 WhatsApp chat logs - Family congratulating from UK
5.6 WhatsApp chat logs – Couple
5.7 Card given from work before leaving
5.8 Wedding Invitation cards

Jhelumi
Mood:

Post by Jhelumi » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:38 pm

Hello,

On the printed Appendix 2 VAF 4A form, where it asks the question:
1.14 Is/was this an arranged marriage?
Tick "Yes" and add the wording "with our consent." after it.

Thanks

Alna3569
Newly Registered

Post by Alna3569 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:45 pm

Hi thankyou for your reply.
That’s fine I will do that and does everything else look ok?
Please let me know asap

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:30 pm

Alna3569 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:58 pm
1.5 IELTS Certificate
Make sure its from UKVI list
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ebsite.pdf
Alna3569 wrote:

No need
Alna3569 wrote:

If possible then also attach council tax (optional)
Alna3569 wrote:

5.4 Couple Photos x 8
Try to attach more

Alna3569
Newly Registered

Post by Alna3569 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:55 am

seagul wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:30 pm
Alna3569 wrote:
1.5 IELTS Certificate
Make sure its from UKVI list - It is brittish council approved
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ebsite.pdf
Alna3569 wrote:

No need
Alna3569 wrote:

If possible then also attach council tax (optional) - added
Alna3569 wrote:

5.4 Couple Photos x 8
Try to attach more - I've increased these to 24 .
Please could you let me know , Please let me know if I am missing anyhting?

Alna3569
Newly Registered

Post by Alna3569 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:20 pm

Hi ,
I've submitted all the documents as above. I am just a little worried as the only thing which I've forgotten to do is get my (sponsor) passport attested? Could this cause an issue?
I would assume they'd be able to check from their records whether I hold a British passport or not.
Please advise?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:22 pm

Alna3569 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:20 pm
Hi ,
I've submitted all the documents as above. I am just a little worried as the only thing which I've forgotten to do is get my (sponsor) passport attested? Could this cause an issue?
I would assume they'd be able to check from their records whether I hold a British passport or not.
Please advise?
No issue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Alna3569
Newly Registered

Post by Alna3569 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:25 pm

Thankyou,

Also I've uploaded/submitted all of the documents online and when my spouse went for his biometrics on 23/09 with the documents he was advised these are not required as already uploaded on to VFS Global. Is this ok?
I've not had any e-mails in regards to documents or anything else should I be worried?

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:05 pm

Alna3569 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:25 pm
when my spouse went for his biometrics on 23/09 with the documents he was advised these are not required as already uploaded on to VFS Global. Is this ok?
If the documents were uploaded previously on VFS online system, then it’s ok.

Alna3569 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:25 pm
I've not had any e-mails in regards to documents or anything else should I be worried?
No, there’s nothing to be worried about. Home Office might send an acknowledgement email about 2-3 weeks later to inform the application is already being assessed by a case worker. However, not everyone gets this email, it isn’t compulsory to receive and should be fine.

So now you just have to wait to get a response: 12 weeks for standard applications and 6-8 for priority applications.

Alna3569
Newly Registered

Post by Alna3569 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:50 pm

Thank you for the response . Just an update , We received ECO email on 13/10 .

Another thing I wanted to ask was regarding accommodation , I am the homeowner and also sponsor for the applicant I got the keys to the house just few weeks before bio-metric and online submission for the application which means the mortgage payment wouldn't show in the bank statements provided could this be an issue?! otherwise I have provided the listed documents below for accommodation requirements and they confirm house completion + mortgage .

- Council Tax statement for full year
- Gas + Electric letter on property address under my name
- House completion confirmation letter from solicitor
- House valuation report
- Mortgage completion summary from the bank (mentioning the date 1st payment will be taken on)
- Full mortgage offer letter

Please let me know if above is enough , also there isn't a requirement that I have to be living in the house to apply the visa as I am still with my parents and house is vacant but we will be moving once visa granted.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:34 pm

Alna3569 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:50 pm

- Council Tax statement for full year
- Gas + Electric letter on property address under my name
- House completion confirmation letter from solicitor
- House valuation report
- Mortgage completion summary from the bank (mentioning the date 1st payment will be taken on)
- Full mortgage offer letter

These documents are more than enough. If that property is empty then you may get exemption or discount on council tax, talk to your council.