ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse renewal please help!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

yowniz
Newly Registered
Philippines

UK Spouse renewal please help!!!

Post by yowniz » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:03 pm

I am from the Philippines married a British Citizen and entered the UK on 23rd Jan 2017, expiry date 13th Oct 2019, on 5 year route spouse visa, no kids. I'm on a spouse visa extension after living 2.5 years with my husband in the UK.

I have paid and applied online, went to UKVCAS core office, standard service and no solicitor that's why I'm stressing out about getting refused and badly need pieces of advice.

1. I finalised the form on 28th July 2019, and I just read from some threads here to apply within 28 days before my BRP expires which is on 13th Oct 2019 - so I worry did I apply on the right time or I will fall short for ILR?

2. I have put the old IHS reference number which was my initial spouse visa - it didn't give me an error so I submitted the form. I've already scanned my docs at UKVCAS when I realised I have to pay £1k for IHS. I uploaded the new IHS payment confirmation and the cover letter that explained what's happened on UKVCAS website after my sopra appointment - will the case worker see this as it doesn't show any updates on UKVCAS online?

3. My husband and I are both working, but temping - we earn £18600 combined. Does the income threshold applicable only for permanent employment?

4. We private rent, and temping but husband was born and raised in the UK and his life is here, will our temporary status affect the decision to stay in the UK?

5. I provided 3 items of correspondence addressed to my husband and myself separately - we don't have both under our names - will this suffice the requirement? I have bank statements showing remittance to my husband weekly, and council tax letters both have our names.

6. I have IELTS UKVI B1 British Council I took in 2016 and this was the document I had when my initial spouse visa was granted. I worry that IELTS expires every 2 years, is this still valid?

I will greatly appreciate any responses for my peace of mind. Thank you so much!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: UK Spouse renewal please help!!!

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:38 pm

yowniz wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:03 pm
I am from the Philippines married a British Citizen and entered the UK on 23rd Jan 2017, expiry date 13th Oct 2019, on 5 year route spouse visa, no kids. I'm on a spouse visa extension after living 2.5 years with my husband in the UK.

I have paid and applied online, went to UKVCAS core office, standard service and no solicitor that's why I'm stressing out about getting refused and badly need pieces of advice.

1. I finalised the form on 28th July 2019, and I just read from some threads here to apply within 28 days before my BRP expires which is on 13th Oct 2019 - so I worry did I apply on the right time or I will fall short for ILR?

2. I have put the old IHS reference number which was my initial spouse visa - it didn't give me an error so I submitted the form. I've already scanned my docs at UKVCAS when I realised I have to pay £1k for IHS. I uploaded the new IHS payment confirmation and the cover letter that explained what's happened on UKVCAS website after my sopra appointment - will the case worker see this as it doesn't show any updates on UKVCAS online?

3. My husband and I are both working, but temping - we earn £18600 combined. Does the income threshold applicable only for permanent employment?

4. We private rent, and temping but husband was born and raised in the UK and his life is here, will our temporary status affect the decision to stay in the UK?

5. I provided 3 items of correspondence addressed to my husband and myself separately - we don't have both under our names - will this suffice the requirement? I have bank statements showing remittance to my husband weekly, and council tax letters both have our names.

6. I have IELTS UKVI B1 British Council I took in 2016 and this was the document I had when my initial spouse visa was granted. I worry that IELTS expires every 2 years, is this still valid?

I will greatly appreciate any responses for my peace of mind. Thank you so much!
1. If you wish then can apply now but unless immigration rules/personal cirucmstances not changing then extension should be applied very close to expiry to avoid every single chance of shortfall in qualifying period for ILR.

2. If you have still paid the correct amount of IHS fee even with old reference number but have attached the covering letter then should be fine.

3. All types of contracts are acceptable as long as the sufficient income is being earned.

4. No as not everyone possess own home

5. Either 6 jointly named addressed documents or 12 in individually addressed documents over the last 2 years are required.

6. If its still on UKVI list then it will still be acceptable even expired
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ebsite.pdf
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

yowniz
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by yowniz » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:31 am

Thanks seagul! You're very helpful. I'm now in limbo waiting for 8 weeks review. I'll update this thread once the decision is out x

yowniz
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by yowniz » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:44 am

sorry question again - I just checked the list of approved English exam. I have IELTS UKVI but the list shows IELTS SELT are they the same?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:34 pm

yowniz wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:44 am
sorry question again - I just checked the list of approved English exam. I have IELTS UKVI but the list shows IELTS SELT are they the same?
Selt is an abbreviation of secure english language testing. If your test was done at following centres then it should be accepted:
What tests are accepted as SELT?
From 6th April 2015, customers can only take a
SELT test with one of the following:
 Trinity College London (UK only);
 IELTS SELT Consortium (UK or overseas).
The approved Trinity College London tests are:
 Integrated Skills in English (ISE)
 Graded Examinations in Spoken English
(GESE)
The IELTS SELT Consortium tests are:
 IELTS for UKVI
 Life Skills
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

yowniz
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by yowniz » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:07 pm

I'd like to share a great news!!!!!!! I've received a letter from the Home Office that my spouse visa extension was granted. I applied on 28th July 2019, and I got the decision on 20th September 2019 with standard processing. Waiting for 8 weeks and not getting a solicitor was really a bad idea, I couldn't sleep every night, but I'm so relieved now it's approved!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really thank you for your help!!!!! :D

Last week, I was terrified when I got an email from HO advising "I've not made a payment to cover IHS", because I incorrectly typed in my old IHS reference number, and have realised it after I already finalised my application. Though I loaded the new one along with a cover letter on Sopra website, seems like they didn't see them. :(

It was highlighted in the email that I had to reply within 24 hours, and I gave them the new IHS number a few hours after work. Then, I have not heard from them until yesterdayyyyyyyy!!!!! :D

As promised, the below were the documents I've submitted. All scanned and uploaded to UKVCAS website according to doc type:

Proof of Identity - copy of old BRP, copy of husband's British passport
Proof of Application - signed spouse declaration
Other - IHS cover letter, new IHS number
Residence in UK - Council Tax in joint names, Tenancy Agreement in joint names, Utility bills (6 correspondence spread from 2017-2019 in separate names addressed to me and my husband)
Finances - 6 months bank statements, 6 months payslips and job offer letters (mine and husband's)
Life events - holiday trips outside UK including flight and hotel confirmations, photo collages, marriage certificate
Educational - IELTS B1 UKVI Life Skills English Exam I took in 2016 from my home country

I already uploaded most of the above docs before my in-person appointment at the nearest UKVCAS office, and it took me less than an hour to register my biometric and photo for new BRP card as I had less paper to scan and add.

Hope this info helps!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!! :D

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:15 pm

yowniz wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:07 pm
I'd like to share a great news!!!!!!! I've received a letter from the Home Office that my spouse visa extension was granted. I applied on 28th July 2019, and I got the decision on 20th September 2019 with standard processing. Waiting for 8 weeks and not getting a solicitor was really a bad idea, I couldn't sleep every night, but I'm so relieved now it's approved!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really thank you for your help!!!!! :D

Last week, I was terrified when I got an email from HO advising "I've not made a payment to cover IHS", because I incorrectly typed in my old IHS reference number, and have realised it after I already finalised my application. Though I loaded the new one along with a cover letter on Sopra website, seems like they didn't see them. :(

It was highlighted in the email that I had to reply within 24 hours, and I gave them the new IHS number a few hours after work. Then, I have not heard from them until yesterdayyyyyyyy!!!!! :D

As promised, the below were the documents I've submitted. All scanned and uploaded to UKVCAS website according to doc type:

Residence in UK - Council Tax in joint names, Tenancy Agreement in joint names, Utility bills (6 correspondence spread from 2017-2019 in separate names addressed to me and my husband)
Finances - 6 months bank statements, 6 months payslips and job offer letters (mine and husband's)
Life events - holiday trips outside UK including flight and hotel confirmations, photo collages, marriage certificate
Educational - IELTS B1 UKVI Life Skills English Exam I took in 2016 from my home country

I already uploaded most of the above docs before my in-person appointment at the nearest UKVCAS office, and it took me less than an hour to register my biometric and photo for new BRP card as I had less paper to scan and add.

Hope this info helps!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!! :D
congratulations :)

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:13 pm

yowniz wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:07 pm

Thank you so much for sharing this list with us, it comes really handy for people like me, who will renew their visa at some point in the future.

Congratulations :D !

yowniz
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by yowniz » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:29 pm

Thank you, both! :D

I'm not sure if the breakdown was correct as I just sticked my docs into the category that I thought was relevant. Some options are confusing like "Finances" is somehow similar with "Sponsors / Employment", Life Events can be "Other", it was really hard to tell. What I did was I renamed each file according to type (ie: bank statement January 2019 - husband's name, payslip May 2019 - my name, marriage certificate, etc).