ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self-funded post

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

merkeu
Newly Registered
Canada

Self-funded post

Post by merkeu » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:24 pm

Hi,

I'm a doctor from Canada, and I have been awarded an Honorary Fellowship post for one year at a London hospital to specialize in the field of anesthesia for congenital heart disease. This fellowship post is self-funded, which practically speaking means I'm receiving bursaries in Canada to do it but I'm not receiving any salary by the hospital/NHS trust.

The Tier 2 application is clear on the fact that the applicant must receive an appropriate salary, but I can't find the information whether giving immigration the proof I'm receiving funding equivalent to the minimum appropriate salary is acceptable. Anyone knows the answer with certainty?

If it's not, what would be my other options?

Thanks

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: Self-funded post

Post by UKLL » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:22 pm

merkeu wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:24 pm
Hi,

I'm a doctor from Canada, and I have been awarded an Honorary Fellowship post for one year at a London hospital to specialize in the field of anesthesia for congenital heart disease. This fellowship post is self-funded, which practically speaking means I'm receiving bursaries in Canada to do it but I'm not receiving any salary by the hospital/NHS trust.

The Tier 2 application is clear on the fact that the applicant must receive an appropriate salary, but I can't find the information whether giving immigration the proof I'm receiving funding equivalent to the minimum appropriate salary is acceptable. Anyone knows the answer with certainty?

Thanks
Who issued you the CoS and what does it say on the CoS.

sidrat28
Newly Registered

Post by sidrat28 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:42 pm

I don't think the Tier 2 is the right type of visa in your case.

You may need to look at a 12 months visit visa instead

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa

merkeu
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by merkeu » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:09 pm

UKLL wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:22 pm
merkeu wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
I haven't been issued a CoS yet, I'm in discussion with the hospital HR to get them to produce one...

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:44 pm

merkeu wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:09 pm
UKLL wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:22 pm
merkeu wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
I haven't been issued a CoS yet, I'm in discussion with the hospital HR to get them to produce one...
I agree with above, that Tier 2 may not be applicable to you