ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is the chain of sms notifications we should expect?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

marsupilami
Mood:
Belgium

What is the chain of sms notifications we should expect?

Post by marsupilami » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:58 pm

When we have appointment at VFS Centre, we have the opportunity to register to a sms/mobile notification system.

Could anyone kindly let me know what are the chain of sms we should expect? I did see in a few posts that there is a sms "your visa plication GWF*** has been forwarded to UKVI". Does it come up the same day that the biometrics is taken, or later? What would be the next sms one would receive afterwards?

many thanks

Jaune08
Mexico

Re: What is the chain of sms notifications we should expect?

Post by Jaune08 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:03 pm

marsupilami wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:58 pm
When we have appointment at VFS Centre, we have the opportunity to register to a sms/mobile notification system.
Hey! I had to opportunity to register the mobile notification system at VFS too, and I did. However, I've never received any updates from VFS centre, just the Sheffield's updates :(

They have told me once they got a decision and when they were sending my documents back, they were going to notify me (and they got my number correctly). But never got a sms.

marsupilami
Mood:
Belgium

Post by marsupilami » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:12 pm

Jaune08 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:03 pm
marsupilami wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:58 pm
Hey! I had to opportunity to register the mobile notification system at VFS too, and I did. However, I've never received any updates from VFS centre, just the Sheffield's updates :(

They have told me once they got a decision and when they were sending my documents back, they were going to notify me (and they got my number correctly). But never got a sms.

Hi Jaune08,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience of this. But with respect to those Sheffield ones, they are emails you mean, not texts? How many of those Sheffield updates would you get? On which occasions? (sorry for all these questions). It's just that it's not clear to me what to expect...

One thing i should say, in fact, is that I did receive a sms notification, one day after the appointment "your visa application gfw has been forwarded to ukvi", but the reason why I ask, is because I wonder, is it normal to have it received it so quickly, or is it meaningless (important note: I paid for the priority service). Does that text mean the application is already being assessed?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:05 pm

marsupilami wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:12 pm
but the reason why I ask, is because I wonder, is it normal to have it received it so quickly, or is it meaningless (important note: I paid for the priority service). Does that text mean the application is already being assessed?
Its a standard text of just confirming the receipt of application. Nothing else
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

marsupilami
Mood:
Belgium

Post by marsupilami » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:08 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:05 pm
marsupilami wrote:
but the reason why I ask, is because I wonder, is it normal to have it received it so quickly, or is it meaningless (important note: I paid for the priority service). Does that text mean the application is already being assessed?
Its a standard text of just confirming the receipt of application. Nothing else

**sigh** thanks Seagul for the clarification. It dashed my hopes but at least I know their text was just fluff, sadly.

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:15 pm

marsupilami wrote:
But with respect to those Sheffield ones, they are emails you mean, not texts? How many of those Sheffield updates would you get? On which occasions? (sorry for all these questions). It's just that it's not clear to me what to expect...
You're welcome! Yes, those were emails. After I submitted my biometrics, I've got an email two weeks after saying that my application was being assessed by an entry clearance officer, and the second email arrived another three weeks later stating they have had a response. In total was 25 working days/5 weeks on priority service :)

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:39 pm

Jaune08 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:15 pm
marsupilami wrote:
But with respect to those Sheffield ones, they are emails you mean, not texts? How many of those Sheffield updates would you get? On which occasions? (sorry for all these questions). It's just that it's not clear to me what to expect...
You're welcome! Yes, those were emails. After I submitted my biometrics, I've got an email two weeks after saying that my application was being assessed by an entry clearance officer, and the second email arrived another three weeks later stating they have had a response. In total was 25 working days/5 weeks on priority service :)

Hi I hope you are well. So should we expect two emails. I have had one stating they have received application and it's currently being prepared for consideration by entry clearance office. Nothing else since July. Non priority application

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:51 pm

Fizzy513 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:39 pm
Hi I hope you are well. So should we expect two emails. I have had one stating they have received application and it's currently being prepared for consideration by entry clearance office. Nothing else since July. Non priority application
Hey Fizzy513! Yes, you should be expecting two emails in total from Sheffield :) . It's understandable if you haven't got any news since July yet, remember that standard applications may take up to 12 weeks to get a decision.

Good luck with your application!

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:50 am

Jaune08 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:51 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:39 pm
Hey Fizzy513! Yes, you should be expecting two emails in total from Sheffield :) . It's understandable if you haven't got any news since July yet, remember that standard applications may take up to 12 weeks to get a decision.

Good luck with your application!
Hi thanks for the reply. What would the second email be? Thanks