ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Failed Asylum 6 years DLR+ILR Naturalization Good Character

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

uradji
Newly Registered

Failed Asylum 6 years DLR+ILR Naturalization Good Character

Post by uradji » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:15 pm

Hi, forum members i needs your urgent attention regards my naturalization good character requirements.

I came to uk 2001 claimed asylum at entry later they refused my application after 5 months, they issued me temporary leave for 6/months when i claimed asylum as temporary admission, which they not extened, then i was overstayed until home office announced legacy for old asylum cases, i brought to home office attention in 2007 that I'm here but not left the country, so i started contact with home office October 2007, they send time to time letters for further updates untill November 2011 they granted 3 years discretionary leave with extened after then applied indefinite leave,
Now i fully prepared for naturalization application but there is good character requirements+ breaches immigration history in past 10 years, i couldn't understand i came as Asylum seeker, refused, but brought in home office attention in 2007, so what year my 10 years will over.
Please advise me if any of your friends having success BC application.

Thank you

zimba
Mood:

Re: Failed Asylum 6 years DLR+ILR Naturalization Good Character

Post by zimba » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:12 pm

You have been an overstayer until Nov 2011 as you described it. So you should not apply until at least Nov 2021 or risk a refusal. Remember even then, the grant of citizenship is purely discretionary.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Alz3eem2018
United Arab Emirates

Post by Alz3eem2018 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:30 pm

Hi,

I am at the same boat as you exactly...I recieved my DLR in August 2011.

Dont know whetehr to apply or am i wasting my money

uradji
Newly Registered

Post by uradji » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:57 pm

It's home office fault, when they established case resolution directorate for old asylum cases to resolve, they granted thousands of failed asylum seekers with indefinite leave prior to 2011 that time good character policy was deferent, they throw us Liverpool with OLCU department from Croydon, they given us DRL instead indefinite, it's home office they not reached decision on our cases, they took over 5 years to grant only limited leave so our circumstances or deferent then other immigrants. They should naturalized us, I'll apply in coming months.

Alz3eem2018
United Arab Emirates

Post by Alz3eem2018 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:51 am

i agree with what you said uradji...

joeano353
BANNED
Tuvalu

Post by joeano353 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:09 am

uradji wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:57 pm
It's home office fault, when they established case resolution directorate for old asylum cases to resolve, they granted thousands of failed asylum seekers with indefinite leave prior to 2011 that time good character policy was deferent, they throw us Liverpool with OLCU department from Croydon, they given us DRL instead indefinite, it's home office they not reached decision on our cases, they took over 5 years to grant only limited leave so our circumstances or deferent then other immigrants. They should naturalized us, I'll apply in coming months.
Congratulations on your bravado. But it does not change the law or HO interpretation of it. You are welcome to apply immediately, and good luck to you, but remember citizenship is discretionary and you have no right to citizenship.

uradji
Newly Registered

Post by uradji » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:25 am

discretionary:
When i was Landed in United Kingdom, from that day only one hope "discretionary",
Let me see why they were delayed our decisions.

mkhari
Pakistan

Post by mkhari » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:16 pm

we are in same boat

I recently heard from one of my friend successful story
who was illegal before 2011 applied citizenship in jan 19 refused and then reconsideration he is granted
MKHARI

uradji
Newly Registered

Post by uradji » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:28 pm

I understanding other immigrants with particular grounds officials set out naturalization policy for them but for us who flies for safe country, now we must recognise as British citizen.
Is your friend was a failed asylum seeker or other grounds.

mkhari
Pakistan

Post by mkhari » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:22 pm

Yes he was failed asylum seeker from 2001

but was engage with Home office throught the area

never been absconder and had same address from day one
MKHARI

uradji
Newly Registered

Post by uradji » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:57 pm

I knew you Mkhari past years from another forum which is off now, you delighted lots new things helpful adviced,
Here's something difficult, could waste money, if they reject BC claim earlier then what they said...

mkhari
Pakistan

Post by mkhari » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:05 am

uradji wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:57 pm
I knew you Mkhari past years from another forum which is off now, you delighted lots new things helpful adviced,
Here's something difficult, could waste money, if they reject BC claim earlier then what they said...

Yes please

AS long as i know its matter of to take chance there are 20% chances of success its upto Home Office Discretion

otherwise we have to wait 10 years from first leave and during that time we need to protect from penalty points and other things
MKHARI

uradji
Newly Registered

Post by uradji » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:09 pm

Alz3eem2018 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:30 pm
Hi,

I am at the same boat as you exactly...I recieved my DLR in August 2011.

Dont know whetehr to apply or am i wasting my money
Did you applied for citizenship or planning for application, it's our time now for naturalization,
I passed English language test B1 Grade 5, life in the uk test, just waiting complete 12 month time now

Alz3eem2018
United Arab Emirates

Post by Alz3eem2018 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:12 am

Not yet...I have passed my year with ilr...need to find time to do my LITUK test...