ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lucky79
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by Lucky79 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:13 pm

Mishmish6969 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:00 pm
Good news finally!! Got my decision letter today and it’s granted :D also got email apologising for the delay and about refund.

Fingers crossed BRP arrives soon. Good luck to you all!!! You are next!
Congrats 👍🏻👏👏👏👏

ain
Newly Registered
China

Post by ain » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:57 am

ILR (LR) done.

Timeline:
2019-07-27: online submission and payment, didn't receive UKVCAS registration email
2019-07-29: agent phoned UKVCAS (expensive helpline) multiple times, they had an IT issue sending out emails, and registration email finally sent. Paid extra money for a closer appointment.
2019-08-01: appointment at UKVCAS at 9:00 am, no surprise this step
2019-08-02: around 01:00 pm, received grant email notification from SuperPriorityNotification@homeoffice.gov.uk
2019-08-06: did not receive grant letter, used DX online chat, they found my BRP card which is due for delivery to home address on 8th Aug and they gave me the tracking number. No need to call them, I find online chat more useful.
2019-08-08: Received BRP card delivered by DX, still no grant letter, no post office delivery card. Emailed agent to check.
2019-08-10: Agent confirms that they have the HO grant letter, it was addressed and delivered to them.
2019-08-13: Received scan of grant letter from agent, letter was dated 2019-08-02.

It was surprising that grant letter and BRP were sent to different addresses. Lucky to find them all finally.
Good luck to everyone.

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:38 am

Did anyone apply using Super Priority service in the last day or so? I have been trying since last night but when applying for SET (LR), the online system only gives me an option for 'standard' service and no 'super priority' service.

Would really appreciate if anyone who had a similar experience can reply and what they did to resolve this.

Thanks,

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:40 am

vparikh wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:38 am
Did anyone apply using Super Priority service in the last day or so? I have been trying since last night but when applying for SET (LR), the online system only gives me an option for 'standard' service and no 'super priority' service.

Would really appreciate if anyone who had a similar experience can reply and what they did to resolve this.

Thanks,
Just to add, even if I go back and come to the payment page again, there is no change - only 'standard' service option shown. Would browser be the source of this problem?

samrn1
Newly Registered

Post by samrn1 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:01 pm

vparikh wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:40 am
vparikh wrote:

Thanks,
Just to add, even if I go back and come to the payment page again, there is no change - only 'standard' service option shown. Would browser be the source of this problem?

Call this number and ask them

0300-123-1199

recently they can't delivery one day result and refunding money. they may stop this service.

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:12 pm

samrn1 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:01 pm
vparikh wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:40 am
vparikh wrote:

Thanks,

Call this number and ask them

0300-123-1199

recently they can't delivery one day result and refunding money. they may stop this service.
Thanks mate. Tried that number just now and it seems to be an invalid number. I hope they are not stopping it today or this week as it would be very annoying to see that happen without any notice/notification on UKVI website.

Tried the general contact centre and was told that if that option is not on the screen then that is not available for ILR LR.

Looking at recent timeline posts and on Super priority thread on this forum, I found that people applied for SP like a few days ago and got it. So I am not sure if the contact centre worker was trying to get rid of me or what.

Sent an e-mail to applyonlinee-support@homeoffice.gov.uk couple of hours ago. No response yet.

Just frustrating...not sure if there are others going through this as we speak?

mrswow
Mood:

Post by mrswow » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:05 pm

I hope they do stop it.

We had biometrics on the 26th July, paid super priority and are still awaiting news.

We escalated once, got a generic email which the call centre said means they didnt look at the form yet and are still waiting for a decision.

Been told we cant escalate it again for 30 days.

Its been a stress filled nightmare.

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:09 pm

mrswow wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:05 pm
I hope they do stop it.

We had biometrics on the 26th July, paid super priority and are still awaiting news.

We escalated once, got a generic email which the call centre said means they didnt look at the form yet and are still waiting for a decision.

Been told we cant escalate it again for 30 days.

Its been a stress filled nightmare.
Was it a straigtforward application for you? Which centre did you go to?

mrswow
Mood:

Post by mrswow » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:37 pm

yes completely straight forward application.

No immigration history at all. 4 children etc

We had biometrics at Glasgow.

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:40 pm

mrswow wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:37 pm
yes completely straight forward application.

No immigration history at all. 4 children etc

We had biometrics at Glasgow.
Great. Hope you receive the update/news soon. No change as far as my case is concerned. Still shows only 'standard' service option. Tried everything possible technically (browsers, cookies, etc).

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:42 pm

Out of interest, do you get the option to choose super priority straight after the declaration and before it redirects you to worldpay?

mrswow
Mood:

Post by mrswow » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:51 pm

vparikh wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:42 pm
Out of interest, do you get the option to choose super priority straight after the declaration and before it redirects you to worldpay?
Yes it gave us the option before payment.

Its a cost of £800 more for super priority on top of the visa fee. Then we paid £100 for the appointment as there was no free ones to have biometrics done.

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:00 pm

mrswow wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:51 pm
vparikh wrote:

Its a cost of £800 more for super priority on top of the visa fee. Then we paid £100 for the appointment as there was no free ones to have biometrics done.
Strange (my case). There are posts dated back in January that have mentioned something similar however, there is nothing concrete that suggests/explains the unavailability of super priority service option. Those who have faced this problem never updated back whether and how this was resolved (except one)

mrswow
Mood:

Post by mrswow » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:19 pm

vparikh wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:00 pm
mrswow wrote:
vparikh wrote:

Strange (my case). There are posts dated back in January that have mentioned something similar however, there is nothing concrete that suggests/explains the unavailability of super priority service option. Those who have faced this problem never updated back whether and how this was resolved (except one)
I do wonder if they take the option down at busier times.

The woman on the phone from the call centre the other day told us she wished they would close it for a while because they are very backlogged with staff shortages and holidays.

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:27 pm

mrswow wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:19 pm
vparikh wrote:
mrswow wrote:
vparikh wrote:

The woman on the phone from the call centre the other day told us she wished they would close it for a while because they are very backlogged with staff shortages and holidays.
That sounds to me like the only plausible explanation so far mate. I can't think of anything else. I am particularly disappointed with the lack of communication, information even if they had to take the option down. Furthermore, the response I received over the phone today threw me off. It's quite inconsiderate of the home-office staff to provide inaccurate information, especially when it's not a small amount.

I feel for you too mate.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:31 pm

vparikh wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:27 pm
mrswow wrote:
vparikh wrote:
mrswow wrote:

That sounds to me like the only plausible explanation so far mate. I can't think of anything else. I am particularly disappointed with the lack of communication, information even if they had to take the option down. Furthermore, the response I received over the phone today threw me off. It's quite inconsiderate of the home-office staff to provide inaccurate information, especially when it's not a small amount.

I feel for you too mate.
The call centre is outsourced to a third party, you are not really talking to 'Home Office Staff'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:31 pm
vparikh wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:27 pm
mrswow wrote:
vparikh wrote:

I feel for you too mate.
The call centre is outsourced to a third party, you are not really talking to 'Home Office Staff'.
OK but that doesn't justify information irregularity. To us as outsiders, it is still a Home Office system as a whole. We still expect consistency of information from other service providers whether dealing with outsourced partners or not, don't we?!

mrswow
Mood:

Post by mrswow » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:50 pm

I was told by the woman at the call centre that often generic emails are sent out as they are not allowed access to the system for data protection reasons.

She said that if you get the "we aim to process in 24 hours" email it means they did not yet look at your application. If you get the "your application is with a case worker" that means its still being decided on and if it says "a decision has been reached" that means a decision is on the way.

The lady was actually alright, she explained it all quite well. Said that they have very limited system access that doesnt even show them an outcome of a visa, just what stage in the process it is at. She said even then they do not have access, it is only the escalation team that have access to which stage your application is at.

I do feel like at £800 there should be some way to check better. I think 30 days on top of waiting what we already have is a bit excessive.

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:54 pm

This is what I received just now from technical support team:

Thank you for your email correspondence.

This inbox is only for technical support enquiries for applicants applying online within the United Kingdom via GOV.UK link https://www.gov.uk/visas-immigration

There are no reported issues with our online service.

Please note this is not a technical issue. Only the services available for you at the time of submitting the application will be shown.

I have replied back saying that super priority service is a service that is available for SET (LR) applications so the only explanation is that there is some issue with the system.

Seems like a never ending saga.

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:45 pm

vparikh wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:54 pm
This is what I received just now from technical support team:

Thank you for your email correspondence.

This inbox is only for technical support enquiries for applicants applying online within the United Kingdom via GOV.UK link https://www.gov.uk/visas-immigration

There are no reported issues with our online service.

Please note this is not a technical issue. Only the services available for you at the time of submitting the application will be shown.

I have replied back saying that super priority service is a service that is available for SET (LR) applications so the only explanation is that there is some issue with the system.

Seems like a never ending saga.
Got the reply back and nothing changed. They are still saying it's not a technical issue and that if the option is not available at the time of the application, then it's not available for your application. Annoying!!

Anyone opted for Super priority in the last day or two?

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:35 pm

I have found the issue!!

On the SET LR form, there is a question:

Have you spent any part of your 10-year continuous period with leave to enter or remain in the Crown
Dependencies?

If I answer "YES" to the above question, then it doesn't give me a super priority service. If I answer this as "NO" then it does!

Now my question is whether this question means whether I lived in Crown Dependencies with a visa issued by the Crown Dependencies OR whether I visited Crown Dependencies (e.g. for work/holiday purposes) on the visa issued by the UK.

I have visited Crown Dependencies for work and holiday. So will the answer to the above question be YES or No?

Thanks.

amsph
Newly Registered

Post by amsph » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:46 pm

Hello Friends

This forum has helped me a lot.

My timeline ILR (LR)

Application submitted online - 07/08/2019
UKVCAS Appointment - 15/08/2019 8:30 AM @ Birmingham
Decision received (EMAIL) - 15/08/2019 3:20 PM

Decision Granted !

Thanks to everyone.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:48 pm

vparikh wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:35 pm
I have found the issue!!

On the SET LR form, there is a question:

Have you spent any part of your 10-year continuous period with leave to enter or remain in the Crown
Dependencies?

If I answer "YES" to the above question, then it doesn't give me a super priority service. If I answer this as "NO" then it does!

Now my question is whether this question means whether I lived in Crown Dependencies with a visa issued by the Crown Dependencies OR whether I visited Crown Dependencies (e.g. for work/holiday purposes) on the visa issued by the UK.

I have visited Crown Dependencies for work and holiday. So will the answer to the above question be YES or No?

Thanks.
It is LIVING in the Crown dependencies with a visa specif for these areas. You really are overthinking and complicating simple questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:52 pm

Thanks CR001,

Probably I am but I am sure you will appreciate that the phrasing of question does not help either. I am not an expert and hence doing my best and asking what I don't understand.

Thanks anyway.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:55 pm

vparikh wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:52 pm
Thanks CR001,

Probably I am but I am sure you will appreciate that the phrasing of question does not help either. I am not an expert and hence doing my best and asking what I don't understand.

Thanks anyway.
The key words are 'leave to enter or remain'. If it was asking about visiting, it would have said visit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)